IGNORED

Louis Saha (A Confession)

Bill

I have a confession to make, when we signed Louis Saha I thought we where buying another Van Der Meyde, injury plagued and playing 5 games a season for big wages.

How wrong i was, The man is a goal Machine and i hope he can stay injury free and fit.

League .... 4 plus one as sub = 5 Games, Goals scored... 5

Europe .... 1 plus one as sub = 2 Games, Goals scored... 2

His record speaks for itself, 7 appearances equals 7 goals. Has anybody else in the prem got 7 out of 7. ??

Long may it continue.

I have a confession to make

You're not the only one Bill :P .

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Think he is injuered at the moment as not played for Man U this season even when there were short on first game of the season.

Not sure how he will pass the medical

If he is not good enough for United why is he good enough for us?

Hugely underwhelmed

Sadly to me this reeks of a desperate signing..now i grant you we need players but..Saha.. :huh: the mind boggles..

I'm not overly impressed with this one, as far as i'm concerned its just another body on the wage bill that will figure about as many times as Vander Meyde. And what a slap in the face for Vaughan. :huh:

What was the point in selling Johnson to bring in an injury prone part timer. Vaughan and Annichebe are better than this.

Saha is a great player on his day trouble is that day was five years ago. I'm surprised that we have taken him as his work ethic is poor and he is, as most say, injury prone.

No the best signing we could have made but not theworst under the current situation.

I actually feel fuck all at this signing tbh.

Same here - my reaction was simply "oh right, ok".

Dunce_Cap.jpg

:lol:

i did doubt him at first but since the day we signed him up to now, when he is fully fit there isnt many strikers in the premiership that is better than him. thats probley why man united signed him for £12.8mil... does anybody know how much we actually signed him for?

dont think we paid much for him at all. I heard most of it came from the rooney deal. not 100% sure thats true though.

Still think he is right up there with the best in the league.

Edited by GoodisonRoad

I'm sure it was £2m. Anyway, I think I reserved judgement on him as I remembered how he could finish. The first thing that impressed me was that he is an athlete in the true sense, secondly his technique is almost perfect. People go on about Owen being a great signing? Saha would have finished all the chances Owen has missed and I bet SAF would have him ahead of Berbatov to partner Rooney.

I am due apologies to two players if they have proved me wrong, one is Fellaini, and the other is Heitinga. It may be a personal preference of mine but mobility is a must in this league in order to prosper and those boys do not seem to have it.

me too, I was adamant we should sell him in the summer as he was a waste of space, he has been excellent this year and looks a different, fitter, stronger player.

I wouldn't necessarily agree that he looks liek a different player, because I saw his quality last season, but he just wasn't fit enough to show it frequently. But now he certainly has different fitness and he's in brilliant form!

I'm sure it was £2m. Anyway, I think I reserved judgement on him as I remembered how he could finish. The first thing that impressed me was that he is an athlete in the true sense, secondly his technique is almost perfect. People go on about Owen being a great signing? Saha would have finished all the chances Owen has missed and I bet SAF would have him ahead of Berbatov to partner Rooney.

I am due apologies to two players if they have proved me wrong, one is Fellaini, and the other is Heitinga. It may be a personal preference of mine but mobility is a must in this league in order to prosper and those boys do not seem to have it.

That has to be one signing SAF regrets. £30m+ for Berbatov was daylight robbery...he shows no signs of improving either.

I doubt Saha would get the attention he does here from medical staff and trainers at United, in fact wasn't that one of his reasons for leaving?

Most of us did question Moyes when he signed Saha!This was a Moyes gamble, like the VDM and Kroldrup ones.......but also like the Cahill and Jagielka ones!

He's had a great start to the season, let's just all of us hold our breath and be ready for what can happen, whilst praying it doesn't.

The cup final goal was a fantastic finish, would have been a worthy winner :crying_anim:

Spending £5m on a centre half who couldn't head a ball wasn't a gamble, it was wreckless. Cahill was pennies, VDM you knew he had talent, Saha has always had class, just fitness. I said at the time it could be another Andy Gray and it's looking good so far. Moyes has been prudent all in all.

That has to be one signing SAF regrets. £30m+ for Berbatov was daylight robbery...he shows no signs of improving either.

I doubt Saha would get the attention he does here from medical staff and trainers at United, in fact wasn't that one of his reasons for leaving?

berbs controls the play up front every time, his first touch and passing is second to none

saha is so confident on the ball, so much different to Jo, he thinks about scoring each time

and not to just get it away from feet