IGNORED

Yak Needs To Do More Than Score

Romey 1878

What a incredibly silly thing to say from Moyes, goes up there with slagging Fernandes off after his MOTH against United whilst giving Neville a pat on the back. Yakubu is a goal scorer for goodness sake, which he is bloody good one at that! Moyes knew what he was investing in, so does he really think he can change him and still have him being effective, especially after a long injury and his age?

Moyes should keep it closed and concentrate on learning tactics other than being negative, and teach the players to keep the ball on the ground. A great manager would have a team placed to provide for the jewel in the attacking crown, not send him fishing for aimless punts to the wings.

What a incredibly silly thing to say from Moyes, goes up there with slagging Fernandes off after his MOTH against United whilst giving Neville a pat on the back. Yakubu is a goal scorer for goodness sake, which he is bloody good one at that! Moyes knew what he was investing in, so does he really think he can change him and still have him being effective, especially after a long injury and his age?

Moyes should keep it closed and concentrate on learning tactics other than being negative, and teach the players to keep the ball on the ground. A great manager would have a team placed to provide for the jewel in the attacking crown, not send him fishing for aimless punts to the wings.

Well it seemed to work out the season before last!

He was definitely putting a shift in that season and still managed to get over the 20 goals mark so I see no reason why he cant again

By the way whats a MOTH?

Yeah, it's all downhill after 26 isn't it. The arthritis, and the incontinence just add to the fact that you just don't seem to be as good as you once were. Bloody whippersnappers.

On a serious note, Saha is also a goalscorer and is showing the way for me in terms of graft and contribution to our general play. While Yak is still coming back from a serious injury, do you really want to see a modern day Micky Quinn equivalent.... REALLY?!?!

Blimey, not too sure what Moyes's intention is with this, the reason Yak scores so many is that his priority is to get in and around where the ball is going to be and where he can score from. Does he want Yak to turn into AJ and make runs down the right with little else to show?

This really doesn't bode well for the type of football we should be seeing by now, and in saying that I mean we now have 3 strikers who should be vying for 2 positions in the team in a 4-4-2 formation with two wingers in Pienaar and Billy supplying balls in with a central partnership of Rodders and Arteta running the show and doing the work. Is it because we don't have the service players fit at the moment that he is saying this? Which pretty much means lack of strength in the squad which concerned me only two weeks ago beforer Neville and Pienaar got injured.

I really don't understand where he is coming from. Yak does a great job coming deep a little, holding the ball up, releasing it and getting forward for the return ball. We have all felt sorry for our forward players over the years for feeding on scraps and this is another reason. Give Yak the opportunity to link up with Louis and there will be goals. Look at Sunderland with Bent and Jones, Spurs with Keane and Defoe - they are bagging goals. We can't keep relying on one striker up front as much as Saha is excelling, Moyes fondness for tryers as opposed to doers is a worry.

Strikers are never remembered for their contribution, only their goals.

Maybe Moyes meant to say that for his "age" Yak needs to run about some more. :lol:

I've seen this thrown around as a recurring comedic bit, but is there something I'm missing? Do people actually think Yak looks older than 26? What is he supposed to like like...I don't get it.

On a serious note, Saha is also a goalscorer and is showing the way for me in terms of graft and contribution to our general play.

Yak and Saha are different types of strikers though. Saha is a striker that can create his own goals, but the Yak needs feeding (hence the song). Saha is going to graft because he's an energetic striker, Yak is not and never will be. As has been said; Moyes knew what he was buying and that was a goalscorer not a work horse; we have enough of them in the side to compensate for the Yak, especially if he has the type of striker that Saha is next to him.

Blimey, not too sure what Moyes's intention is with this, the reason Yak scores so many is that his priority is to get in and around where the ball is going to be and where he can score from. Does he want Yak to turn into AJ and make runs down the right with little else to show?

This really doesn't bode well for the type of football we should be seeing by now, and in saying that I mean we now have 3 strikers who should be vying for 2 positions in the team in a 4-4-2 formation with two wingers in Pienaar and Billy supplying balls in with a central partnership of Rodders and Arteta running the show and doing the work. Is it because we don't have the service players fit at the moment that he is saying this? Which pretty much means lack of strength in the squad which concerned me only two weeks ago beforer Neville and Pienaar got injured.

I really don't understand where he is coming from. Yak does a great job coming deep a little, holding the ball up, releasing it and getting forward for the return ball. We have all felt sorry for our forward players over the years for feeding on scraps and this is another reason. Give Yak the opportunity to link up with Louis and there will be goals. Look at Sunderland with Bent and Jones, Spurs with Keane and Defoe - they are bagging goals. We can't keep relying on one striker up front as much as Saha is excelling, Moyes fondness for tryers as opposed to doers is a worry.

I beleive that is what Moyse is trying to get him back to doing

When the Yak first came he was a lazy git who only sat around waiting to poach the odd goal but the season before last Moyse transformed him in to more of a team player who could hold the ball up and bring the midfielders into play.

He still managed to bang the goals in and was a far better player for it, I know which version of the Yak I prefer. So I cant understand why people dont want him to get back to that

I think the NSNO article has taken Moyes' comments completely out of context and put a very 'creative' spin on it to say the least. From the same quotes i read on the Echo website, it was pretty obvious Moyes was talking about Yak's current state of being 100% match fit, in other words, yes, I know I could stick him on and if the ball got to him he'd bury it, but right now he's not quite up to doing all the other work the team needs. It was Moyes explaining why he isn't starting Yak yet, which i think we'd all agree with - very different to saying he's not the right kind of player for the club! Check your sources!

By the way whats a MOTH?

Man of the Match is was supposed to be, good spot.

I've seen this thrown around as a recurring comedic bit, but is there something I'm missing? Do people actually think Yak looks older than 26? What is he supposed to like like...I don't get it.

He is 26, end of. People who suggest otherwise are either comedians or generally are a bit thick. This all goes back to Roger Milla and Fini George who allegedly faked their birth certificates to play in Europe, these people conveniently forget the thousands of South Americans who fake entire passports to get into certain countries.

Edited by CaptainFerguson10

It is with regards to a quote from Moyes (he must be generally a bit thick) where he questioned, but later denied questioning, the age of Yakubu and Nigerian players in general.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/7260868.stm

"He's only 25, albeit a Nigerian 25, and so if that is his age he's still got a good few years ahead of him."

Surprised it took Mr Negativity so long to have a dig at someone in a thread :lol::lol:

Let's be honest! if there's one thing better than a free scoring forward who it just so happens doesn't run around doing lots of other things!.......is a free scoring forward who does run around doing lots of other things.Obvious really isn't it, better to have the latter.Midfielder who just scores goals or a midfielder who scores goals, tackles, wins balls, chaces back etc!

If we are involved in a game where perhaps the Yak isn't getting many chances created, what do you want, him waiting around on the off chance something will come his way, or maybe he tracks back helping out and being a team player.

Not rocket science is it!If the Yak wants to compete with Saha and Jo, then Moyes is just giving him some sound advice.

id rather he didnt tire himself out personally cos the way he plays he could manage 50 games a season and that could be quite handy really...let players like pienaar, cahill etc do the horse work

I agree. As for what Moyes said regarding Yakubu, Moyes retracted/denied comments to Yakubu for the exact same reason why I dismissed comments regarding Nigerians and their ages. Silly really anyone using that to justify an comment, but there's room for all here I guess.

If he ain't where the ball lands in and around the box cos he's been running the flanks what is the point? People would be quick to criticise a centre half who is caught up the field when the ball is in our half.

As long as he shows for the ball and defends from the front then he is doing his job - for me, he does that. We shouldn't be looking at Yak to subsidise other players, we should be looking at the other players to provide service to Yak. It's why we all wanted to be strikers as kids!

Man of the Match is was supposed to be, good spot.

i thought it meant man of the half haha

As for the yak. i dont mind him occasionally tracking back, hes never been the type of player to want to be in both boxes, hes a typical striker, who wants the ball and who knows where the back of the net is. We should have at least one player with that mentality, because he can get you a goal from nothing at times

By the way whats a MOTH?

A moth is a type of winged insect which ranges in size from very small at .08 inch (2 mm) to rather large at 11.8 inches (300 mm) across. There are roughly 165,000 moth species in the world, with 13,000 of those living in North America. Moths in larval form live literally anywhere on their host plant, from on its leaves to inside the plant itself or underground on its roots. Some moth larvae are even aquatic. Adult moths usually live near the plant they fed on as a larva.

A moth starts its life as a fertilized egg, which hatches into a larva, which is a wingless worm-like insect commonly known as a caterpillar. The type of food a particular larva consumes depends on which species it belongs to. In general, larvae eat leaves, roots, stems, fungi, decaying plant material, grain, or fabric made from cotton or wool. The larva then forms a cocoon around itself and becomes a pupa, which is the stage in which it metamorphoses into an adult.

The adult moth has wings and generally has different coloration than the larva. Adult moths eat nectar, sugary insect secretions, tree sap, or other foods. Because moth larvae and adults eat voraciously, they are considered pests in many parts of the world, and the gypsy moth in particular is considered a dangerous pest because it can severely damage forests. The adult life span varies by species, with some moths living only days while others live several months.

Because moths are very similar to butterflies, they are often confused with each other. However, a moth is not a butterfly and there are several ways to distinguish between the two. An adult moth typically has feathery antennae, is active at night, and rests with its wings held horizontally. Adult butterflies, however, usually have knobby or hooked antennae, are active during the day, and hold their wings vertically when at rest.

Many species of moths are household pests, so a common concern is of how to prevent an infestation in one's home. While mothballs are often effective, the active ingredient in mothballs, naphthalene, may cause human health issues. Alternative but less effective ways to prevent infestations are to use juniper wood, cedar wood, or lavender oil. Existing infestations may be stopped by freezing the infested materials for several days at a temperature below 18°F (-7.7°C) because doing so will kill moth eggs

I hope that helps :)

http://www.nsno.co.uk/news-5271.html

FFS, not all our players need to run around like headless chicken, some of them have proper quality.

I beleive that is what Moyse is trying to get him back to doing

When the Yak first came he was a lazy git who only sat around waiting to poach the odd goal but the season before last Moyse transformed him in to more of a team player who could hold the ball up and bring the midfielders into play.

He still managed to bang the goals in and was a far better player for it, I know which version of the Yak I prefer. So I cant understand why people dont want him to get back to that

Im glad you said that, some people seem to have forgot. I remember a few people on here slagging him off for be lazy when he first came