IGNORED

Tickets To European Games - Benfica

Can anyone tell me if I HAVE TO be in the European travel club to have any chance of getting tickets for games in Europe?

I'm going to the Benfica game and would love to get tickets in the Everton end though I would be bottom of the pecking order I'd like to know if I will have any chance so that I know weather to just get my mate who lives in Lisbon to go get tickets or wait on me trying first.

Anyone else going to the game at all? I'm going to Madrid for 2 nights before hand before going to Lisbon for a few days.

Can anyone tell me if I HAVE TO be in the European travel club to have any chance of getting tickets for games in Europe?

I'm going to the Benfica game and would love to get tickets in the Everton end though I would be bottom of the pecking order I'd like to know if I will have any chance so that I know weather to just get my mate who lives in Lisbon to go get tickets or wait on me trying first.

Anyone else going to the game at all? I'm going to Madrid for 2 nights before hand before going to Lisbon for a few days.

"The Beard" might be going, when i was having a pint with him at the Fulham game i got the impression that he vary rarely misses a game, and will deffo know about the European Ticket situation.

Not necessarily, if you are a member of a supporters club you can get them too, some people I know in ESCLA are getting theirs that way but if you are trying to do it independently I'm not sure.

I think there are some on offer on Kipper too.

Sorry, Iggy you are wrong there. Even if you are member of any official or afilliated fan club, you still HAVE to be a member of the Euro Travel scheme, whether you are travelling on an official package or independently. However after the draw was made, the scheme was suspended because of the small grounds from the earlier two games. This caused problems as i applied on the day after the draw with Olomeuc. I was told I was too late and would have to wait until suspension was lifted (I think this has hapened in the last day or two). I explained that a friend who has never even been to an away league applied the day before me and he now has the better chance of a Euro away game than myself who travels to 90% of all away games but as usual I was fobbed off. For Olomeuc I managed to get not one, not two but three tickets from various sources, which says so much for our system working.

FairWooney, I am led to believe that Benfica is similar to Nuremburg, whereas they have outlets around the City of Lisbon selling tickets. However they usually only sell to Portuguese or Non-European passport holders. You cnan bank on a few Portuguese folk earning a few Euros by purchasing tickets on behalf of Blues over there. A recipe for trouble, maybe if it was other clubs except ourselves. i have seen this happen at least 4 times in the past couple of years at Villareal, Nuremburg, Alkmaar, Olomeuc. Best wishes in getting a ticket, if you get any spares give me a shout :D

"the beard" I took a rare trip to Bluekipper and found much discussion on the game. A few people have been buying from the website which as it happens is completely open to anyone to buy tickets from.

There's a block in the section Bancada tmn in piso 3 inferior and superior on the far left that people are buying in which is currently completely empty but adjoins on to the Everton block.

Not sure if Benfica will cause any hastle with people doing this but as I'll be buying through a friend in Portugal I shouldn't have any problems.

Block 40 is the one if your interested. You need to get through a bit of translation on the way but it's not too difficult.

Sorry, Iggy you are wrong there. Even if you are member of any official or afilliated fan club, you still HAVE to be a member of the Euro Travel scheme, whether you are travelling on an official package or independently.

I stand corrected! :)

"the beard" I took a rare trip to Bluekipper and found much discussion on the game. A few people have been buying from the website which as it happens is completely open to anyone to buy tickets from.

There's a block in the section Bancada tmn in piso 3 inferior and superior on the far left that people are buying in which is currently completely empty but adjoins on to the Everton block.

Not sure if Benfica will cause any hastle with people doing this but as I'll be buying through a friend in Portugal I shouldn't have any problems.

Block 40 is the one if your interested. You need to get through a bit of translation on the way but it's not too difficult.

I'll be going Fair, ticket or not. Already got 3 nights in Lisbon booked. Thanks for the tip re tickets, will deffo look into that.