IGNORED

Leon Osman

Guest fullfat

Guest fullfat

little leon may not be the best player in our squad but for me is a modern day unsworth by which i mean he actually wants to play for the club and not the money and always gives 100% and unlike pienaar scores a few goals i also feel he gets a lot of negative posts

little leon may not be the best player in our squad but for me is a modern day unsworth by which i mean he actually wants to play for the club and not the money and always gives 100% and unlike pienaar scores a few goals i also feel he gets a lot of negative posts

I agree with you about Leon but cant see the point of the pop at Piennar. If your trying to say he is better than Piennar you are way off the mark

Leon Osman: (my value £5m)

Pro's: Two footed, clever, skillful, true blue

cons: weak, lacks pace, inconsistent, fades out of games

Steven Pienaar: (my value £12m)

Pro's: Two footed, clever, skillful, energetic, hard working, versatile, assists, strong, quick, influencial

cons: maybe hasn't scored as many goals as he should given his talent

I for one would be sad to see Osman leave Everton.I see Pienaar and Osman as quite similar players, but with Pienaar capable of doing much more damage to opponents.Though saying that every now and then Osman does world class little touches and is capable of scoring some excellent goals.

For me Pienaar's name should be one of the first on the team sheet, but remember it wasn't always that way, it took him time to settle.

Osmans for me these days tends to be not quite a dead cert start, but almost too good to be called just a squad player.

Osmans an Evertonian.....he does try his hardest....Can't ask too much more of the lad!

ossie goes missing too much hes a good player but too weak and sometimes doesnt seem to have the stamina cos he looks out of puff after 60-70 minutes whereas i feel pienaar could run two marathons somedays! hes a good player to have in the squad i think but a fully fit squad wouldnt have osman starting sadly cos ive always liked leon and i liked the way he battled from that horrible injury he had!

edit:

if we're on about reds playin for us mr baxter is one too :P

Edited by marcopaulo

I agree that Ossie isnt a first teamer when were healthy, but being a true blue I will never say anything bad about him. He works hard and that goes a long ways for me. Yes, you do need some skill which he has, but working your a** off will always get you praise after a match. Pineaar is dirty. That's all. Billy and Pineaar streaking down the flanks is going to make outside wings and backs go insane

I agree that Ossie isnt a first teamer when were healthy, but being a true blue I will never say anything bad about him. He works hard and that goes a long ways for me. Yes, you do need some skill which he has, but working your a** off will always get you praise after a match. Pineaar is dirty. That's all. Billy and Pineaar streaking down the flanks is going to make outside wings and backs go insane

:blink: What do you mean??

I can only presume that "dirty" means something totally different where you are from

wtf does that mean anyway?

And you got to be from another planet if you think Pienaar is a dirty player, he is probably the most fouled player in the prem.

Come on lads it's pretty clear that "dirty" has been lost in translation sonewhere over the Atlantic :) .

Definitely meant as a positive imo.

yeah it is meant as a positive, sounds to me like he means hes a really good player. He would be correct in assuming this also!

Osman, i find he is the one i get angry most with on a matchday, the one i find shouting at either from the stands or at the tele... But then he can do somethign brilliant a minute later. He does my head in when he does this, but he is now not good enough for the starting 11, a decent enough squad player, with 20 mins left etc, could pop up and do something special

"Dirty" as a slang. Think 'dirty' by Christina Aguilera, its claimed as something that's 'hot!'. It's like when someone who says "thats the sh*t", when literally it means rubbish or crap, but as a modern slang is used as a positive. Same's happenin with dirty, it's someone who gets you going, gets the blood pumpin ;) if you know what i mean :P

Edited by tenaciousj