IGNORED

Buy Outs

AGENTSMITH

I heard that Birmingham will have a transfer budget of £40m available. With quite a few (Smaller clubs) being bought up giving them greater spending power does it not worry you?

I cant believe that there isnt a multimillionnaire/Billionnaire out there that isnt interested in buying Everton. I mean when you look at the clubs history and what it has achieved under David Moyes with limited resources there must be someone out there thinking... "hang about if this club can be a regular Europa club spending very little compared to the teams around them, I wonder what I could do with them if I gave them £40m in transfer fees for the next 4 years???"

I'm not worried, for most of these clubs it's going to take a lot more than £40m to get to where we are. Not one brum/ pompy player would get into our starting line-up so it'd cost a lot more than £40m to replace a whole team, only a couple of sunderland players would. Spurs have thrown £40m at their team season after season for years - money isn't everything. I'm proud of how we've got where we are, I don't want some big timer coming in and promising us £40m each transfer window - yes I want funding in some form but I want it in a way where if moyes identifies a target then there is money readily available should he wish to pursue - I suppose a la lerner at villa.

i wasnt calling you one its just any sniff of a mention of some other club gettin investment seems to trigger the kenwright slating around here that's all

Oh I see. No I like Bill. I know he's bullsh1tted us a few times like that investment (I cant even remember the name of them now????? thats going to annoy me!) but his hearts in the right place.