IGNORED

Lucas Neill Will Leave Us Within 3 Weeks

Are you serious? No football player in their right mind would leave a club after 3 weeks.

He's had just the one appearance sure, but it was his fault IMO for not finding a club sooner than he did and consequently his fitness levels weren't up on par with the Premier League. I'd say he's a certainty for game time in the next week or two with our hectic schedule.

If he doesn't get a start im thinking he will leave us. He has to play, considering this is a world cup year (soccer year).

Im wondering whats going on. Our defence looks ordinary and hes not getting a go?

So what if he does he's not going to change are team what so eva. Id say Hibbert offers more than he "lucas" does when he's on his game. And your post's are utter garbage! I've read a few of your post's and you talk from your arse! Sometimes i think have you ever watched Everton play this season or do u understand football or soccer as u call it. Your defiantly not on this planet sometimes!!

Are you serious? No football player in their right mind would leave a club after 3 weeks.

He's had just the one appearance sure, but it was his fault IMO for not finding a club sooner than he did and consequently his fitness levels weren't up on par with the Premier League. I'd say he's a certainty for game time in the next week or two with our hectic schedule.

Sol Campbell!? :0)

Neill needs to play before the world cup. Same reason as why heskey may leave villa. No quality player like Neal would stay at a club when not getting time before a cup and when ordinary players are started ahead of him.

he'll probably also understand it's pretty expensive to buy your way out of a contract when you've got no where else to go!!!

He'll get a game soon i'm sure but he's got to earn a place in the team and others have got to lose their place in Moyes eyes for him to get in.

He's taking on Yobo and Distin for centre back or Hibbert and Heitinga at right back and I don't see him taking either position easily.

I'm sure he accepts that he's joinned as cover and will work hard in training to try to earn a place and keep up his fitness.

Can you leave us within 3 weeks? Thanks.

Nope I need to talk some sense into you chaps who voted billy as motm after his awful first half and for rodwell who slept through the game. Neal = quality.

he'll probably also understand it's pretty expensive to buy your way out of a contract when you've got no where else to go!!!

He'll get a game soon i'm sure but he's got to earn a place in the team and others have got to lose their place in Moyes eyes for him to get in.

He's taking on Yobo and Distin for centre back or Hibbert and Heitinga at right back and I don't see him taking either position easily.

I'm sure he accepts that he's joinned as cover and will work hard in training to try to earn a place and keep up his fitness.

Neal is better than hibbert and distin. I'm 100% sure he didn't join as cover.

he wont leave, i think he'll understand our defence has been rock solid at the best of times, hibbert is playing good, yobo has been just the same and baines is a regular, when yags is back i think he'll take distin's place

Mate I respect your opinion but our defence isn't solid. We have been lucky not to concede more recently.

Edited by StevO

defence has been fine except for 2 mistakes 1 in each game that cost us poor goals...heitinga offers more than neill does and i think distin has been quality...neill knew he was here as cover and to try and break into the first team but he isnt gonna be a starter and less so when jags gets back! you're just talkin out your ring piece im afraid neill is good but certainly no better than yobo, heitinga or distin

i do love these Aussies that come on here with their blind inability to see that there are players from other countries who are better than Australian footballers.

NEIL is not going to get in the side yet, a defence cant be lucky to not concede goals you fool. we dont concede many goals for a reason.

NEILL is average.

if he wasnt from Australia would you still be talking this crap? its right up there with tim cahill being one of the prems top 5 players. and it actually feels like you are being racist towards other nations, i find this all quite distressing.

p.s. im bored of merging your multi posts

Edited by StevO

I think that Lucas Neil has the potential to be the bargain of the season. When the team is not performing well the manager should make changes, Yobo is easily distracted and not consistant. Distan has been okay but when Jags returns one of them will face the bench. With different options in defence now, the manager can be ruthless instead of being forced to play certain individuals.

I think for once we should rotate players where we can all the top teams do but we have never been in a situation to do so Defence when all fit we will be able to.

p.s I have an Australian flag with lucas neel's autograph on it because I love lucas neal there just isnt any other player that I could possibly rate other then Lucas nail.

Neill obviously signed knowing he would be cover for most of the season. I can't think Moyes would have been offering automatic first choice. However as always, if someone gets a chance and takes it who knows? We have three games in a little over five days coming up and I think you may find Neill starting at Tottenham along with a host of other fringe players. Then it is up to them to step up to the plate and force the manager to make long term changes.

Rotation is what all the top teams with top managers do. If our defence was that good why do we concede goals to ruddy wolvahampton a team best suited to championship football.

Hibbert is not good enough when it comes down to it so Neal,Neel,Nail,or Neil would be a better option jon boy is obviously a centre back so decisions need to be made simple. Sometimes we have to just say f- it if your wanna play for our club play well if you don't then f-off. Competition is a good thing.

Jags is a terrible right back, your prediction of our manager trying to play 3 center backs more or less sums up what I think we need the manager to do ...be ruthless !! 2x centre backs to be picked full backs are full backs. I would have to question the decision to buy jon boy if his position is centre back.

and with the current teams doing so well we are going to struggle to make the top 6 without playin our best team that we can...these players can play more than once a week if they cant then thats a serious fitness problem! you use other players when you have to...squad rotation doesnt work when the whole squad is on different levels to each other...perfect example is liverpool before last season

Neill needs to wait for his chance. He is only just returning to fitness now, he's not stupid and he knows that he wont walk straight into the team, and he will have known that when he signed. With 3 away games coming up within 7 days and with more and more fixtures ramp up he will get his chance. He needs to be pacient and so does EvertonToffees. It will be better for him to come in when he is fully ready rather than pushing him in early and see him give a poor acount of himself. If he's good enough then he'll get games.

Nope I need to talk some sense into you chaps who voted billy as motm after his awful first half and for rodwell who slept through the game. Neal = quality.

Neal is better than hibbert and distin. I'm 100% sure he didn't join as cover.

Mate I respect your opinion but our defence isn't solid. We have been lucky not to concede more recently.

dont talk utter shite.

Edited by Blue4Ever

dont talk utter shite.

He's Australian so that may be a tall order.

I get the feeling he's a blue purely because of Tim Cahill, so once Cahill (and Neill) depart so will EvertonToffees.

I'm sure there are plenty of decent, level headed Aussie Evertonians that would be embarrassed by ET's Aussie biased view.

neill is an average footballer who i wasn't a massive fan of signing...i thought meh. better than distin? do me a favour never has and never will be...they also play in different positions but the magnitude and difference is ability is that vast that it's still applicable...lucas neill is meh

If we were talking about an Englishman then maybe.

Have you seen the Aussies defence? They are playing Craig Moore ffs! Him and Emerton will be called up if they don't make another first team appearance this year, and Lucas has never seemed to worry about being sat on the sidelines injured/suspended and picking up his paycheque before!