IGNORED

Injuries

bassman

Genuine enquiry guys, so please no flak, but does anyone have the slightest idea as to why, season after season, we are suffering so much with injuries? I know all teams have injuries to key players at some stage, but we seem to be plagued with them. Is it something to do with the fitness or training methods? I for one, have no idea, but some of the more knowledgeable amongst you may have some theories at least.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cos most of them are mollycoddled overpaid woofters anyway, and some of them are foreigners who havent got the mindset to play in the premier league.

The long term serious injuries i can forgive, but some of our players cant play because they have a cold or they have a slight cough, and they dont feel strong enough to play twice a week, twice a week ffs.

When i was their age if i was fit enough to stand up, i would get on my bike and cycle from field to field playing once on saturday and twice on sundays. :angry: woofters. :gay:

Cos most of them are mollycoddled overpaid woofters anyway, and some of them are foreigners who havent got the mindset to play in the premier league.

The long term serious injuries i can forgive, but some of our players cant play because they have a cold or they have a slight cough, and they dont feel strong enough to play twice a week, twice a week ffs.

When i was their age if i was fit enough to stand up, i would get on my bike and cycle from field to field playing once on saturday and twice on sundays. :angry: woofters. :gay:

i agree what you mean and the logic is there but, these players dont only play twice a week, they train for most of the week too, and from what i can gather its strenious work they do, they need to keep themselves in peak physical condition, so 2 big games in a week on top of this, could prove too much sometimes. Im not making excuses by the way, most football players are woofters as you say! but im just offering some opposition argument, if you want to call it that!

i agree what you mean and the logic is there but, these players dont only play twice a week, they train for most of the week too, and from what i can gather its strenious work they do, they need to keep themselves in peak physical condition, so 2 big games in a week on top of this, could prove too much sometimes. Im not making excuses by the way, most football players are woofters as you say! but im just offering some opposition argument, if you want to call it that!

I feel so sorry for them Craig. ;)

even if it is the fact they play twice a week which they dont always do it doesnt hit other teams as hard as it does us so there is something not right at all...plus they should be able play 2 or 3 times easy cos they'd just be training if they wern't playing and it can't be so much more strenuous to play for 90 minutes rather than train for several hours! they should be gettin some kip on the coaches and planes too :P

ahh mate that proper tickled me that reminded me of me grandad :lol: i used to walk 18 miles in 8 feet of snow with no clothes on to work 20 hours a day :lol:

My guess is a bit of slackness in the medical procedures. I'm not sure exactly what goes on there, but over the past few years we have signed players that have had serious injury and offfield problems. Saha and Van Der Meyde are the two i'm really thinking about, most fans could tell you they were problematic.

Could otherwise be training, but then the injuries would all be similar. IIRC Blackburn had a problem with thigh strains a few years back, which magically dissappeared once Souness was gone...and the problem shifted itself up to Newcastle.

I have an inclin that it may well be training. Whether it be training them too hard, high tempo etc or whether its the type of sessions they run i.e putting strain on particular parts of the body. I dont think it's coisidence thatfor the last 2 years we've had persistant problems with injuries, its not good!

even if it is the fact they play twice a week which they dont always do it doesnt hit other teams as hard as it does us so there is something not right at all...plus they should be able play 2 or 3 times easy cos they'd just be training if they wern't playing and it can't be so much more strenuous to play for 90 minutes rather than train for several hours! they should be gettin some kip on the coaches and planes too :P

I agree. Looking at the last few years, the sheer number of injuries points to more than simply bad luck.

I remember that, a few years back, benfica had a similar problem, they had a high number of injuries for a couple of seasons or so, and I remember they made some changes back then, don't recall exactly if it was on the medical staff or the phisio department. Maybe one of them remembers that better than me, but I do remember that it was something like their PT wasn't properly done, or something, and they had higher attrition numbers than normal.

It's what makes the most sense, really. Their bodies aren't beeing properly prepared for the ammount of time they play, therefore they injure themselves easier.

ahh mate that proper tickled me that reminded me of me grandad :lol: i used to walk 18 miles in 8 feet of snow with no clothes on to work 20 hours a day :lol:

You try telling that to the youth of today, and they wont believe you...

seriously though, whats going on?! Has Baz got a seriously hot assistant who does all the massages?

seriously though, whats going on?! Has Baz got a seriously hot assistant who does all the massages?

What a load of old tosh you guys are talking ! what do you air heads mean that it has something to do with the training methods FFS !

did none of you see how Jags,Neville,Arteta,Pienaar got injured ? just to mention a couple ! jeez, bring back the Blueroom and escla !

What a load of old tosh you guys are talking ! what do you air heads mean that it has something to do with the training methods FFS !

did none of you see how Jags,Neville,Arteta,Pienaar got injured ? just to mention a couple ! jeez, bring back the Blueroom and escla !

where did i once question the training methods? i quoted the mighty Python to make light of the claim that training is responsible. Who's the airhead now, dumbass...

ame='retnub' date='26 Oct 2009 - 13:12' timestamp='1256562736' post='192112']

where did i once question the training methods? i quoted the mighty Python to make light of the claim that training is responsible. Who's the airhead now, dumbass...

My comments were not directed at you but at the countless others who were whinging about the training,this site is useless to navigate,bring back the blueroom and escla I say !

My comments were not directed at you but at the countless others who were whinging about the training,this site is useless to navigate,bring back the blueroom and escla I say !

Including you and me fourteen people have posted in this thread.....even if we were all whinging (which we're not) you'd have to be fairly seriously challenged mathematically to call that "countless."

Sorry you have trouble navigating the site, we'd make it simpler for you if we could but it's just not possible :) .

I hope the Blueroom comes back soon too.

Genuine enquiry guys, so please no flak, but does anyone have the slightest idea as to why, season after season, we are suffering so much with injuries? I know all teams have injuries to key players at some stage, but we seem to be plagued with them. Is it something to do with the fitness or training methods? I for one, have no idea, but some of the more knowledgeable amongst you may have some theories at least.

I don't know if it's bad luck or something more sinister but since Steve Round has come in our injury problems have been unbelievable (plus our defending of basic set pieces this season is inept). When we had Irvine we seemed to have little problem with injuries but last season and this it's getting silly.

My guess is a bit of slackness in the medical procedures. I'm not sure exactly what goes on there, but over the past few years we have signed players that have had serious injury and offfield problems. Saha and Van Der Meyde are the two i'm really thinking about, most fans could tell you they were problematic.

Could otherwise be training, but then the injuries would all be similar. IIRC Blackburn had a problem with thigh strains a few years back, which magically dissappeared once Souness was gone...and the problem shifted itself up to Newcastle.

They're mostly knee injuries, aren't they? Arteta, Jags, Neville, Vaughan, Pienaar, Anichebe - that's half of all the current injuries are pretty similar. Ok, I know most of them happened in matches, a couple as the result of pretty horrible challenges, but can this really just be bad luck? Is there something in our training that is making the players' knee joints weaker than they should be? If the muscles immediately above and below aren't strong enough, it can easily cause the knee joint to 'wobble', which is where you get your ligament and cartilage injuries coming in. I dunno, I'm no doctor but I hope it's something the club are looking into coz its ruining us at the moment.

I don't know if it's bad luck or something more sinister but since Steve Round has come in our injury problems have been unbelievable (plus our defending of basic set pieces this season is inept). When we had Irvine we seemed to have little problem with injuries but last season and this it's getting silly.

What utter rubish!

If Steve Round had tackled Anichebe, Piennar, Neville etc in training then yes it would be his fault

Our injury crisis has got nothing to do with Steve Round or anything the players are doing in training its just plain bad luck

They're mostly knee injuries, aren't they? Arteta, Jags, Neville, Vaughan, Pienaar, Anichebe - that's half of all the current injuries are pretty similar. Ok, I know most of them happened in matches, a couple as the result of pretty horrible challenges, but can this really just be bad luck? Is there something in our training that is making the players' knee joints weaker than they should be? If the muscles immediately above and below aren't strong enough, it can easily cause the knee joint to 'wobble', which is where you get your ligament and cartilage injuries coming in. I dunno, I'm no doctor but I hope it's something the club are looking into coz its ruining us at the moment.

God help us ! is this supposed to be the thinking mans forum ????? oh, I keep forgetting, its half term isn't it ! yeah it must be that Steve Round fella giving them all wobbly knees :blink:

God help us ! is this supposed to be the thinking mans forum ????? oh, I keep forgetting, its half term isn't it ! yeah it must be that Steve Round fella giving them all wobbly knees :blink:

agree with you here mate some serious tripe getin talked here.lets have a look at the current injuries

arteta-cruciate ligament, freak accident

jagielka-cruciate ligament, fell over again freak accident

anichebe-knee, result of a bad tackle from nolan

osman-foot, bad tackle in training

pienaar-knee, bad tackle at pompey

vaughan-knee, happened at derby not at everton

yobo-head, not sure how he done this but i'm sure everton's training methods would not injure yobo in the head unless they practice kung fu in training

neville-knee ligament again freak accident

yakubu-bruised heel (before that ruptured ankle anoteher freak accident)

baines-calf, simple strain (the 1st injury so far that could be linked to training methods

bilyaletdinov-calf strain, happenned against benfica

possibly cahill and heitinga now also who were both injured against bolton. all this shows that we have simply been unlucky with injuries over the past few years added to this we also have alot of injury prone players on our books (i.e saha, osman, vaughan,) we are suffering injuries alot. it is ludicrous however to suggest its down to training methods that these injuries are happening!

What utter rubish!

If Steve Round had tackled Anichebe, Piennar, Neville etc in training then yes it would be his fault

Our injury crisis has got nothing to do with Steve Round or anything the players are doing in training its just plain bad luck

freak accidents seem to be occurring with alarming regularity, maybe if our players knees (whatever) were stronger they wouldn't be so prone to freak injuries when they jump for a header. It's just a thought and maybe it is purely bad luck, but questions should be asked imo. Liverpool had a lot of injuries when Phil Boersma was in charge of training, I doubt he went around actually injuring players himself. Sometimes the training can be to blame.