7 replies to this topic

#1 Tricky Trev

Tricky Trev

Alan Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 25 Oct 2009 - 19:36

I've said it before but in January can we sign somebody with some pace? A.J. wasn't the greatest player much like Radlinski but he made such a difference and scared teams. We need someone to turn defence into attack. Who would you guys like? I like Kightley and Hazard at lille

#2 mrbluechief

mrbluechief

Tony Hibbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 Oct 2009 - 20:25

before we starting naming players we think would be good , where are the funds coming from ?

I very much doubt any players will be arriving unless they are loans or free transfers such is the extent of our financial situation !!

#3 Tricky Trev

Tricky Trev

Alan Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 25 Oct 2009 - 20:45

Good point. Kris Akabusi anyone...............

#4 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,218 posts

Posted 26 Oct 2009 - 11:08

It's been there for everyone to see for quite some time that we need pace in our side and Moyes has failed to do anything about it; I don't think that will change any time soon.

#5 Rubecula

Rubecula

COFFIN DODGER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,335 posts

Posted 26 Oct 2009 - 11:17

Will Hussain Bolt be available on a free? :D

#6 StevO

StevO

Blagging on the basis of knowledge

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,035 posts

Posted 26 Oct 2009 - 12:41

i agree, we needed a lefty in midfield and it took about 3 years to get one. so we'll see some pace when we move to kirkby

#7 nutmegwolf203

nutmegwolf203

Move Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 26 Oct 2009 - 18:46

Now I'm biased because I'm a Yank but I think Landon Donovan is quite mercurial on his day, and he's got speed to burn. Really though, he's got pretty much the same attributes as say a Tim Cahill/Clint Dempsey, except I believe LD's a better finisher. He's all energy, and what's great about him is his play is dictated by the talent around him. When he did some preseason work with Bayern Munich I was impressed by him. He could be a speedy talismanic replacement for Cahill, in the hole right behind the forwards, or something.

Just curious though, how would you guys rate Donovan compared to Cahill? Or would you say screw it and bug Hodgson for Dempsey in a few months. Also keep in mind I'm making these theoretical bids for Yankee players to boost patriotic morale.

#8 StevO

StevO

Blagging on the basis of knowledge

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,035 posts

Posted 27 Oct 2009 - 12:54

Now I'm biased because I'm a Yank but I think Landon Donovan is quite mercurial on his day, and he's got speed to burn. Really though, he's got pretty much the same attributes as say a Tim Cahill/Clint Dempsey, except I believe LD's a better finisher. He's all energy, and what's great about him is his play is dictated by the talent around him. When he did some preseason work with Bayern Munich I was impressed by him. He could be a speedy talismanic replacement for Cahill, in the hole right behind the forwards, or something.

Just curious though, how would you guys rate Donovan compared to Cahill? Or would you say screw it and bug Hodgson for Dempsey in a few months. Also keep in mind I'm making these theoretical bids for Yankee players to boost patriotic morale.

i see your point, but i think if Donovan was anything special he would have stayed in europe when he was at Munich. But no body wanted him.
and Dempsey, average at best, rather have Danny Murphy from fulham than him, and he's well past it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users