IGNORED

Pace Please Davey

Finn balor

Now I'm biased because I'm a Yank but I think Landon Donovan is quite mercurial on his day, and he's got speed to burn. Really though, he's got pretty much the same attributes as say a Tim Cahill/Clint Dempsey, except I believe LD's a better finisher. He's all energy, and what's great about him is his play is dictated by the talent around him. When he did some preseason work with Bayern Munich I was impressed by him. He could be a speedy talismanic replacement for Cahill, in the hole right behind the forwards, or something.

Just curious though, how would you guys rate Donovan compared to Cahill? Or would you say screw it and bug Hodgson for Dempsey in a few months. Also keep in mind I'm making these theoretical bids for Yankee players to boost patriotic morale.

Now I'm biased because I'm a Yank but I think Landon Donovan is quite mercurial on his day, and he's got speed to burn. Really though, he's got pretty much the same attributes as say a Tim Cahill/Clint Dempsey, except I believe LD's a better finisher. He's all energy, and what's great about him is his play is dictated by the talent around him. When he did some preseason work with Bayern Munich I was impressed by him. He could be a speedy talismanic replacement for Cahill, in the hole right behind the forwards, or something.

Just curious though, how would you guys rate Donovan compared to Cahill? Or would you say screw it and bug Hodgson for Dempsey in a few months. Also keep in mind I'm making these theoretical bids for Yankee players to boost patriotic morale.

i see your point, but i think if Donovan was anything special he would have stayed in europe when he was at Munich. But no body wanted him.

and Dempsey, average at best, rather have Danny Murphy from fulham than him, and he's well past it.