IGNORED

Who Should Everton Buy In The Next Window

davies

Bloody hell your ambitious!

Its kinda hard to tell where we have the most problems with so many injuries. However, we could obviosuly do with some more creativity whether it be in the middle (Manny Fernandes anyone? lol) or on the wing. We could probably do with some more cover at LB and maybe a young/cheap keeper and CB. I hear Gerson is on trial so that would certainly tick the young CB (if he is any good).

With Neville knocking on a bit now it wont be long til we will have to get another ball winner in but I wouldnt expect that to happen this season unless Neville gets another long term injury before the window.

When fit we do have a very good squad. We dont need strikers, or midfielders to play off them and we dont need another RB. But apart from that the rest of the positions could do with some strengthening if the funds are available.

The only viable option is go for loans on players that are not beeing used much, because the changes that anyone will let go of 1st team players mid-competition is slim at best, especially considering the financial state of Everton right now. It's still way too soon to tell, but there's bound to be a lot of names available.

i think we should go for messi, ronaldo, sergio ramos, drogba, david villa....

I personally think we should reanimate the corpses of Dixie Dean and maybe Garrincha, look into the necessary rules/laws and then sign them. I figure the duo's good for at least 20 goals from January on.

If no one knows our best starting 11 then I don't think we can come with players that is missing.

I think it will end up looking something like...

Howard

Neville Jags Yobo Baines

Peanuts Arteta Rodwell Billy

Saha Yak

Or something along those lines.

So no room for Felli, Cahill, Heitinga, Jo etc.

We def need more strength in depth in the fullback positions.

To be able to buy better players that those in that starting 11 is going to cost major bucks. What does an upgrade on Arteta cost for example? 20-25m? We just don't have that cash.

just an example...artetta peanuts 2 million each.they are out therewe just need to be lucky.

sadly they dont come along that often we have been lucky to find buys like them and cahill on the cheap really...we just gotta stick with what we have and maybe look at a long term replacement for neville cos we have really missed his protection so id rather look at spending 10M on a quality young DM!

You've been rattled now Jo :D hahaha

Back on topic: We need to buy in an attack minded, european style coach :P that will help the background staff.

Players wise: a ball winner and a speedy, poacher of a striker. Yak is starting to show greater build up play, so could do with someone who can run the lines and get behind defences (Think Abonglahor, Defoe style. Vagner Love (on loan at Palmeiras) would be a good shout if his off-field family issuses have been sorted.)

Realistically though i dont think we will get either of those two positions until the summer. Players in Jan will be squad fillers, or young potentials.

for me, a true replacement for Carsely is the most important, then someone with dribbling, silky skills.

Dont agree with needing a poacher-striker (though i wouldnt turn one down!). Saha is world class and once we get Stevie P and Arteta back creating opportunities for him, the Yak holding up the ball for him.... no worries there. We need someone to dominate the midfield, Neville but with better vision, more accurate passing and someone who can drive forward. which should be easy to find :P