IGNORED

Neville For Skippa!

Phil Neville should be announced the full time captain of the club for next season and many years 2 come aslo. He is a pure class player, with determination and has already fallin in love with the club tht so many already have. So wat u think of him being full time skippa nxt year?

Edited by Bluepips

i wouldnt have give it to him, hes not a good player, to say hes class is laughable

i would av give it to hibbert :)

(i do agree that neville is a good leader, i just dont think he should get the chance to get in the startin 11, hes a below average player IMO

i wouldnt have give it to him, hes not a good player, to say hes class is laughable

i would av give it to hibbert :)

(i do agree that neville is a good leader, i just dont think he should get the chance to get in the startin 11, hes a below average player IMO

I dont know if i would mwke him captain but hes not below average IMO

Mite get shot for this but i think Beattie would make a good captain!

hes shit .... shudnt b newer near the england team....

i think hsi first 5 or 6 games he was ok.... but other than tht hes poor and doesnt know what to do...

against spurs at right back he was shocking, hes crap at left back, and wel ldefensive mid he jsut doesnt have it, his positioning and knowledge of the play isnt good enough .... if u look at makelele hes so good because he filsl the gaps all the time, hes aware of everything, neville jus cant do that.... so no i dont think he should be captain, but i dont know who else to give it to .... i think beattie maybe, he seems liek the loudest player bar neville so mayb , if yobo wasnt so quiet id giv it to him and hope it made him stay lol ..... but yeh prolly beattie for me, even Johnson if he signs, he seems to have a voice...

but i dnt wanna see neville i nthe starting line-up

sorry mate, but neville's been one of, if not the, most consistent performers this season. he's not the best right back, but we miss his defensive capabilities when hes not in midfield. but comparing him to the best defensive midfielder in the world is not fair comment.

I know moneys tight but a midfield general should also be in our sights IMO and i always think a centre mid with some bite makes a good captain because they are in the thick of everything.

Itsnt that what phil "PIP" nevile is supposed to be

I think he will be made captain, and should be, hes the most experiance player we have and has the silverwear to back it up

Reckon a captain should play near the centre of the field-ctr mfdlder or CB but not Neville. Not his greatest fan but won't knock him cos he's come out with some great comments about EFC! This depends if he speaks the lingo but the player with the best brain IMO is Arteta and it could help keep him at the club cos there MUST be major interest in him. Or even Cahill-reckon he can get the lads fired up.

Totally agree that Neville should be our skipper next season.

No one has more experience than him and he constantly tries to drive on the rest of the team.

I speak as someone who sees him every time he plays, home or away, and it's easy to see he is a clear leader.

He doesn't have to be the worlds best player to be the skipper (Davie Weir for example), but he does have the respect of his peers and can be inspirational. So, Pip it should be. No question!

sorry mate, but neville's been one of, if not the, most consistent performers this season. he's not the best right back, but we miss his defensive capabilities when hes not in midfield. but comparing him to the best defensive midfielder in the world is not fair comment.

why not fair?

jus outlining why he is indeed the best and why neville is far ffrom a good player and as for consistancy he had 5 or 6 good games thats it after that he was average just didnt seem to care as much for me.... i dont like him nor do i think hes a good player, he isnt good enough to play the defensive mid role

• 2 weeks later...
Totally agree that Neville should be our skipper next season.

No one has more experience than him and he constantly tries to drive on the rest of the team.

I speak as someone who sees him every time he plays, home or away, and it's easy to see he is a clear leader.

He doesn't have to be the worlds best player to be the skipper (Davie Weir for example), but he does have the respect of his peers and can be inspirational. So, Pip it should be. No question!

;) agreed :D

I remember Neville shouting orders at everyone at his first game for us, he is definately the most natural leader we have and he's learned how to from one of the best captains of modern times, Roy Keane. He's not the best going forward but he breaks up play effectively, runs himself into the ground and makes sure people stay alert and in position. He would be the obvious choice next season and since Moyes is his biggest fan its almost a certainty.