IGNORED

Top Ten Signings

adamsmith69

"His stamina and work-rate make him ideally suited to the style of play in England"

Who is it Neville, Osman, Jagielka,??? no its Fellaini. :blink: They sure got that wrong :lol::lol:.

altough 5th is a little flattered for fellaini, i disagree with your post.

he looks clumbsy and doesn't have a good sprint, but he is constantly moving around he pitch.

Edited by Churinga

altough 5th is a little flattered for fellaini, i disagree with your post.

he looks clumbsy and doesn't have a good sprint, but he is constantly moving around he pitch.

In other words Lumbering and Slow, as i said Stamina and Workrate are not in Fellaini's locker. :D :D

In other words Lumbering and Slow, as i said Stamina and Workrate are not in Fellaini's locker. :D :D

I just wonder how, as he slowly lumbered around the pitch last season, he managed to pick up enough votes to come third in the TT player of the year standings. And win eight Man of the Matches. And be in sixth place in the standings this year.

All when so many on here don't rate him at all.

It's a mystery to me...I've seen it said on other forums that people who don't rate him know nothing about football, and just because he doesn't look flash they write him off. Wouldn't go that far personally but it's strange how he polarises opinion :) .

I think a lot of people on here were over the moon when he signed, even tho nobody had ever heard of him before, maybe a few of our Belgium friends, ooh he must be very good if we paid £15m for him, and any bad performances where glossed over with some of the most ridiculous excuses i have ever heard, He needs to get to know his team mates - He is new to the premiership - Give him a bit of time to settle in, and the best one i ever heard was - He cant speak English. :blink: ffs its a game of football thats all.

I think he got a lot of sympathy votes from peeps who hoped he would come good, so much so that last season i made a comment about it which really stirred up a hornets nest, then people complained they should not have to justify who they voted for, and the loudest voices came from those who new they had voted wrong and i still think it goes on, they want so much for him to succeed that i think 50% of his votes are from people who dont even see the games and just vote for his name.

A lot of people have a soft spot for Fellaini, but if you ask me he is only an average player, nothing more, and he needs to shake himself up. When we have a full squad back without any injuries he might just find himself on the bench, or on the transfer list. IMO. ;)

I think a lot of people on here were over the moon when he signed, even tho nobody had ever heard of him before, maybe a few of our Belgium friends, ooh he must be very good if we paid £15m for him, and any bad performances where glossed over with some of the most ridiculous excuses i have ever heard, He needs to get to know his team mates - He is new to the premiership - Give him a bit of time to settle in, and the best one i ever heard was - He cant speak English. :blink: ffs its a game of football thats all.

I think he got a lot of sympathy votes from peeps who hoped he would come good, so much so that last season i made a comment about it which really stirred up a hornets nest, then people complained they should not have to justify who they voted for, and the loudest voices came from those who new they had voted wrong and i still think it goes on, they want so much for him to succeed that i think 50% of his votes are from people who dont even see the games and just vote for his name.

A lot of people have a soft spot for Fellaini, but if you ask me he is only an average player, nothing more, and he needs to shake himself up. When we have a full squad back without any injuries he might just find himself on the bench, or on the transfer list. IMO. ;)

I see it as being the other way around .. some people just dislike him and therefor every time there's someone saying something positive about him, the topic gets hijacked into a discussion about why he supposedly isn't very good.

But then again I am one of the people who actually rate him .. Maybe we should let the posts about him be limited to moderate neutrals like Mike :).

But then again I am one of the people who actually rate him .. Maybe we should let the posts about him be limited to moderate neutrals like Mike :).

Wouldn't call myself a neutral...probably was before I went up for the Benfica game but I was impressed with him, (in an average team performance). Was only the second time I'd seen him live and the first was a bit average....but I'm won over now :)

Another thing about Fellaini is that Moyes keeps picking him. If we trust Moyes then I suppose we have to trust his apparent opinion that Fellaini is decent. And don't tell me that he's picking him because he doesn't want to lose face or admit that he was a waste of money – look at what happened to Per Kroldrup, who Moyes obviously realised was a dud after signing him.

Another thing about Fellaini is that Moyes keeps picking him. If we trust Moyes then I suppose we have to trust his apparent opinion that Fellaini is decent. And don't tell me that he's picking him because he doesn't want to lose face or admit that he was a waste of money – look at what happened to Per Kroldrup, who Moyes obviously realised was a dud after signing him.

He's being picked because we have nobody else, ffs even Gosling is getting picked.

Read my previous post about when we have a complete squad free from injuries. ;)

I suppose when you read some of my posts I harp on about how we need money. I guess realistically one of the reasdons we need it is that we are able to pay for 'proven' world stage performers and that comes at a price. I don't blame anyone for Fellaini as such, however maybe the reason we signed him was that we never quite had the extra spondoolies to get Moutinho. There is no magical way to know whether someone will fit in the premier league - for every Essien there is a Veron, for every Vidic there is a Kroldrup.

Pro's and Cons Fellaini:

Pro's: Young and time to develop, Great in the air, first touch, combative, get's in good positions around the box.

Cons: Slow, gives away too many fouls, needs to make more killer passes, can disappear from the game, don't know best position

Top ten signing? Here's mine in order based on importance and value for money:

1. Arteta

2. Saha (based on assumption was free - most technically gifted player we have IMO)

3. Jagielka

4. Pienaar

5. Cahill

6. Howard

7. Lescott

8. Neville

9. Baines

10 Yobo

1. Arteta

2. Saha (based on assumption was free - most technically gifted player we have IMO)

3. Jagielka

4. Pienaar

5. Cahill

6. Howard

7. Lescott

8. Neville

9. Baines

10 Yobo

That looks about right.

There was a thread on here not a long time back suggesting Saha was the new VDM :) . How things change.

1. Arteta

3. Jagielka

4. Pienaar

5. Cahill

6. Howard

7. Lescott

8. Neville

9. Baines

10 Yobo

No Yakubu? strange, but if your argument is value for money, then maybe not.

No Yakubu? strange, but if your argument is value for money, then maybe not.

Yeah the Yak is great even at £11m he is value for money, but it just goes to show how well Moyes has done in the market overall that he doesn't get in the list, there have been some poor value signings. Felli, VDM, Kroldrup, Wright, Beattie - which is fair enough.

I suppose when you read some of my posts I harp on about how we need money. I guess realistically one of the reasdons we need it is that we are able to pay for 'proven' world stage performers and that comes at a price. I don't blame anyone for Fellaini as such, however maybe the reason we signed him was that we never quite had the extra spondoolies to get Moutinho. There is no magical way to know whether someone will fit in the premier league - for every Essien there is a Veron, for every Vidic there is a Kroldrup.

Pro's and Cons Fellaini:

Pro's: Young and time to develop, Great in the air, first touch, combative, get's in good positions around the box.

Cons: Slow, gives away too many fouls, needs to make more killer passes, can disappear from the game, don't know best position

1. Arteta

3. Jagielka

4. Pienaar

5. Cahill

6. Howard

7. Lescott

8. Neville

9. Baines

10 Yobo

Pretty sound assessment of Fellaini's pros and cons, I think the big thing for me is his passing ability, especially for a guy with such good touch, if he could just distribute the ball he'd look a top player, would make up for his lack of pace too. But for me the big thing is being played in loads of different positions - I know he has a good goal scoring record but I just don't see him as an auxiliary forward, juts throwing him up there coz he's big and can hold off defenders is just naive in my opinion, you certainly need pace to play up top in the modern game, and for me he doesn't have the instinct to play that killer final ball say a Beardsley would play, and when he's in the box he doesn't attack the ball like a natural goalscorer. I've said it for a while now, i think Moyes is doing him a disservice trying to turn him into something he's not, he needs a long run of games at centre mid, I think we'd see him develop much better.

I'd personally have the Yak in top ten signings rather than Yobo, when fit and sharp he is as lethal as Saha, perhaps a little more brute strength rather than finesse, but to my mind is best finisher we've had since... erm, Cottee? :unsure:

Yeah the Yak is great even at £11m he is value for money, but it just goes to show how well Moyes has done in the market overall that he doesn't get in the list, there have been some poor value signings. Felli, VDM, Kroldrup, Wright, Beattie - which is fair enough.

to add felliani into that list is so harsh its untrue, sure people are split on the feli debate but to say he was as bad as a player who couldnt head or a player who spent the whole time here on the injurylist is down right idiotic and unfair. I know we paid over the odds for him but he still doesnt warrent a place on that list, a player who finishes joint top goal scorer in his first season with us, it just doesnt make sense to me.

Edited by aaron

to add felliani into that list is so harsh its untrue, sure people are split on the feli debate but to say he was as bad as a player who couldnt head or a player who spent the whole time here on the injurylist is down right idiotic and unfair. I know we paid over the odds for him but he still doesnt warrent a place on that list, a player who finishes joint top goal scorer in his first season with us, it just doesnt make sense to me.

Downright idiotic and unfair ? Blimey now that is harsh and rash. Especially when the point wasn't that he is poor, i have given my balanced opinion of him. The reason he is in there is that he is a bad value signing. 15million doesn't represent good value for what he gives. Top scorer? Cahil could have scored two headers from set pieces on saturday and i would still have said he was the worst player on the pitch. Cahills overall play was shocking. From a midfielder i expect the ability to control tempo of the game and boss their opponents, the goals are icing on the cake when overall play is adequate. The same applies throughout.

At the current moment in time there isn't much to choose between Fellaini and Cahill in terms of performance, both are playing way below a standard you would expect from a top flight midfielder, thing is Tim has done it in the past for us, Fellaini is yet to put together a string of performances. The novelty value is wearing off with Felliani for a lot of hs most staunch supporters, in the pedestrian way he patrolled the midfield on Saturday, is there much surprise? He will no longer be able to hide behind goals and team wins, cos we ain't getting either.

At the current moment in time there isn't much to choose between Fellaini and Cahill in terms of performance, both are playing way below a standard you would expect from a top flight midfielder, thing is Tim has done it in the past for us, Fellaini is yet to put together a string of performances. The novelty value is wearing off with Felliani for a lot of hs most staunch supporters, in the pedestrian way he patrolled the midfield on Saturday, is there much surprise? He will no longer be able to hide behind goals and team wins, cos we ain't getting either.

he was only pedestrian after he got booked, before that he was one of the harder workers. Tim has done it in the past, no doubt, but Screech has only been here just over a season and is young. he performances have been well below standard, but he doesnt deserve all the crap he gets, some but not all. 15 mill was a massive amount of money, but he is an investment, he will improve. To single him out is unfair.

This isnt aimed at you Hafnia, just a general response...

To be fair Cahill has been playing out of position most of the season so you would expect his form to dip

Playing out of position shouldn't mean he can't pass, tackle, look like he's arsed though :(.

Lol you really are in a misserable mood this morning arent you? ( Read your other posts this morning!)

I think you are way off the mark there because over the past few games Cahill has probably been the one of the few players who can hold his hands up and honestly say he has been putting a shift in

His form has been poor but he has been asked to play out wide on the flanks and as a holding midfielder for most of the season and we all know thats not where he is at his best. I also think he has been carrying an injury but is playing on because he knows he is desperately needed

I think you are way off the mark there because over the past few games Cahill has probably been the one of the few players who can hold his hands up and honestly say he has been putting a shift in

His form has been poor but he has been asked to play out wide on the flanks and as a holding midfielder for most of the season and we all know thats not where he is at his best. I also think he has been carrying an injury but is playing on because he knows he is desperately needed

IMO Cahill has been one of our msot disappointing players this season, and that hasn't changed in the past few games.

I know he's out of position but that really shouldn't affect his work rate (which has been non-existent for the most part), his ability to find a blue shirt (he's not the only one guilty of that like). FFS, he's been captain and hid! That doesn't sound like the Cahill that became one of my favourite players.