IGNORED

End Of Goodison

iMac Hunt

Just had a walk down to the ground and the word outside the ground is that Everton are having a press conference at 2.30 tomorrow to inform us that DK is ON.

Im sickened to me stomach.This area of the city relies heavily on Goodison Park finacely and for community spirit.

Dont no wot else to say........gutted..........

Loads of activity going on which is very unusual for this time of day.

Unsure how these things ("called in" planning applications) are announced but I have to say I'd be surprised if it were left to the applicant to reveal the decision. It's the decision of the Secretary of State so I'd have thought it'd be down to John Denham's office to announce it...unless they've given Everton prior knowledge of the decision :huh: .

Sounds a bit like an out of hand rumour to me :) . Could be wrong.

Apparently they did and now it's friggin gillette soccer special so I can't confirm! grr.

Yeh other sites have confirmed that SSN are reporting that it has been rejected although official confirmation will come tomorrow.

Im fairly happy about it although Im much happier that Pienaar starts tonight! Lets just hope he doesnt get injured for Sunday!

COYB's!!!!!!!!!

THE Government has rejected the plan to create a new Everton stadium as part of a Tesco development in Kirkby.

Communities secretary John Denham decided that the projects would breach shopping policy to discourage major supermarket chains sucking business away from town and city centres.

But he was only convinced of that today, two days before he was legally obliged to make up his mind.

A major factor behind his alleged dithering was the potential to regenerate Kirkby, provide the football club with a brand spanking new stadium, pour over £400 million into the region, and create up to 7,000 short-term, long-term and supply jobs.

The decision, which will be spelt out later tomorrow took regional MPs and ministers by surprise. Most had assumed that the jobs and investment potential would, when it came to the crunch, outweigh shopping policy.

Knowsley North and Sefton East MP George Howarth said: "I deeply regret this decision in a time of significant economic challenge to the whole of Merseyside during a recession."

The Applicants Tesco/Everton will be told an hour in advance, firstly by phone, then email and then it wll be sent out to those who have registered an interest.

Small point given the fact that most people are happy with the result but it does piss me off big time that every decision or announcement this government makes is leaked ahead of schedule.

If there's a procedure why wasn't it followed? Stupid question....it never is <_< .

Just had a walk down to the ground and the word outside the ground is that Everton are having a press conference at 2.30 tomorrow to inform us that DK is ON.

Im sickened to me stomach.This area of the city relies heavily on Goodison Park finacely and for community spirit.

Dont no wot else to say........gutted..........

Loads of activity going on which is very unusual for this time of day.

Award for the most wildly inaccurate post of the year (though I don't suppose too many will hold it against you iMac) :lol: .

Communities secretary John Denham decided that the projects would breach shopping policy to discourage major supermarket chains sucking business away from town and city centres.

That statement is very fuunny.. what do they think every fuckin out of town supermarket is doing... All these american style depots with the standard JJB Sports, PC World, Toys R US etc..

Very funny!

I do believe we should stay at Goodison though, and Kenright should get his fuckin wallet out!