IGNORED

Ground Share?

nogs

Sorry pete0, but nearly everything you posted in #33 is wrong. Not that it matters any more.

Car park - It was the Knowsley who said it would be the most strict in the country, the shop's car parks were to be unavailable for fans, the car park by the stadium was intended for vips and coaches only. Train links - even senior Merseytravel staff privately said it was flawed (I was at one such meeting) and it'd be problematic. National rail too, had concerns (trains longer than station platforms on Kirkby-Wigan line for example). The proposed stadium was only allowed to host x events a year (I think it was 7 from memory). Knowsley Council would have been entitled to the facilities for free, no concerts were allowed because of it's proximity to houses in Kirkby, Knowsley Council had already said this. It really wasn't the money spinner people expected.

Also bare in mind, the Sports Secretary of the UK Government at the time was an Evertonian. If he had wanted to, he could have supported the move and help push it through, he didn't. He was on City Talk radio station saying that he didn't support the idea and that he had yet to be "persuaded that it has long term benefits for Everton".

Thats a very flawed argument. The ranter says that the parking will be the strictest the clubs ever had for people parking in residential areas. ATM you can't park in residential areas around the ground, and the plan would have had a bigger car park, also kirkby town centre has a purpose built car park so parking would have been less of a problem than it is now. They also go on about train links and about how it will take people an hour to get the game from where-ever, however they don't mention that this is only an extra 10 mins on a train with a slightly longer walk from the station to the ground. 10 mins extra on a train and a five minute extra walk outweighs the benefit of a new stadium in a different area code-actually thats wrong it's the same area code jus under a different council. KEIOC are possibly the most disruptive group of fans who have effectively played part in stunting their own clubs development.

Also under the current regulations Goodison (and also most old stadiums) would not be granted permission to hold events because of how bad the traffic logistics are. This stadium would have.

If it wasn't for keioc we would be in a worse state than ever, led by a board who have failed miserably in giving us a bright future financially. Lies, incompetence, spin, no communication, their cv is less than impressive.

Sorry pete0, but nearly everything you posted in #33 is wrong. Not that it matters any more.

Car park - It was the Knowsley who said it would be the most strict in the country, the shop's car parks were to be unavailable for fans, the car park by the stadium was intended for vips and coaches only. Train links - even senior Merseytravel staff privately said it was flawed (I was at one such meeting) and it'd be problematic. National rail too, had concerns (trains longer than station platforms on Kirkby-Wigan line for example). The proposed stadium was only allowed to host x events a year (I think it was 7 from memory). Knowsley Council would have been entitled to the facilities for free, no concerts were allowed because of it's proximity to houses in Kirkby, Knowsley Council had already said this. It really wasn't the money spinner people expected.

Also bare in mind, the Sports Secretary of the UK Government at the time was an Evertonian. If he had wanted to, he could have supported the move and help push it through, he didn't. He was on City Talk radio station saying that he didn't support the idea and that he had yet to be "persuaded that it has long term benefits for Everton".

No problems, my own fault, i struggled to read the article as the writer seems over-aggresive and very narrow on the statistics for me thou, doesn't clearly show the difference between our current situation and kirkby.

I was mostly going off how strict the travel regulations are now and that the club said it would be one of the best in the country. Also it weren't used as a reason for the rejection of the project, so i thought all the logistics must have been sorted.

Seems silly not to have give permission for the car park, its always empty, plus they could easily of built multi storey car parks on the existing ones. All the traffic problems seem easily overcome. The only major problem i remember was the trainline would have cost a bomb to reconstruct the bridge.

Edited by pete0

you cant believe the words of people who have something to gain.

he best transport links and all that rubbish was spouted off to convince people.

goodison has great transport links, plenty of major roads head towards it and as people have their own little routines on a matchday its also one of the easiest grounds to get away from.

if anyone has been to an out of town ground with car parks, bolton for example, nightmare to get away from.

london grounds with numerous tube stations close by, get in line for an hour or two.

gladly, KEIOC brought the truth to light and the government kept tesco at bay.

you cant believe the words of people who have something to gain.

he best transport links and all that rubbish was spouted off to convince people.

goodison has great transport links, plenty of major roads head towards it and as people have their own little routines on a matchday its also one of the easiest grounds to get away from.

if anyone has been to an out of town ground with car parks, bolton for example, nightmare to get away from.

london grounds with numerous tube stations close by, get in line for an hour or two.

gladly, KEIOC brought the truth to light and the government kept tesco at bay.

Lol Bolton is one of the easiest grounds in the country to get home from, just dont park in the official car park