53 replies to this topic

#1 Ian C

Ian C

100% Guaranteed Irish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 06 Dec 2009 - 20:05

If people thought he was good midweek.... how about that for a performance! B)

Potentially the cure to all our RB problems? Heitinga is a better DM/CB than a RB, Neill is too old and as much as I love Tony Hibbert he's still.. well.. Tony Hibbert :lol:

Stepovers, jinks, and crosses galore and an attacking performance that Roberto Carlos and Ashley Cole would be proud of.

And THAT tackle. Fucking creased Kranjcar out of it and into the hoardings!

I knew he'd do it, as a Sligo fan I knew he had it in him, and he's definitely showing us why Moyes said he'd be pushing first team before his freak foot infection.

I'm in love :wub_anim: :wub_anim:

#2 Tricky Trev

Tricky Trev

Alan Ball

• Members
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 06 Dec 2009 - 20:11

Fucking top drawer! watched him a few times for Republic under 21's and he looked decent but WOW reminded me of Gary Stevens how long has it took to have an attacking right back? Marc Hottinger anyone?

#3 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 06 Dec 2009 - 20:13

If people thought he was good midweek.... how about that for a performance! B)

Potentially the cure to all our RB problems? Heitinga is a better DM/CB than a RB, Neill is too old and as much as I love Tony Hibbert he's still.. well.. Tony Hibbert :lol:

Stepovers, jinks, and crosses galore and an attacking performance that Roberto Carlos and Ashley Cole would be proud of.

And THAT tackle. Fucking creased Kranjcar out of it and into the hoardings!

I knew he'd do it, as a Sligo fan I knew he had it in him, and he's definitely showing us why Moyes said he'd be pushing first team before his freak foot infection.

I'm in love :wub_anim: :wub_anim:

That tackle was awesome, right in front of the Spurs fans too :lol:

Well without getting overly excited, he has had an awesome couple of games. Let's hope he can continue such good form - another Moyes super buy? I certainly hope so.

Edited by Everton_Worshiper, 06 Dec 2009 - 20:13.

#4 adz09

adz09

Dixie Dean.

• Members
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 06 Dec 2009 - 20:13

he certainly was tremendous, i said on the spurs game thread i wanted him in and he looks good going forward (i think). Hopemoyes doesn't leave him out now, although chelsea next, it would be hard to repeat that against ashley cole

#5 c1982

c1982

COYB!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,397 posts

Posted 06 Dec 2009 - 20:29

Top draw seamus lad!

#6 Ian C

Ian C

100% Guaranteed Irish

• Members
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 06 Dec 2009 - 21:27

http://www.facebook....eman/1633154323

Stalk him at your will :lol:

EDIT:

Country is abuzz because of Coleman. People on the radio raving about him as well as:

http://foot.ie/forum...t=92904&page=17

http://foot.ie/forum...ad.php?t=111276

http://www.boards.ie...hp?t=2055761822

http://www.boards.ie...hp?t=2055762299

Edited by Grarghsies, 06 Dec 2009 - 21:43.

#7 DonKey

DonKey

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 06 Dec 2009 - 22:24

Fine if your forced to defend against Cole, but tell you what... the kid could certainly frighten him if he gets the opportunity to go forward!

Fantastic game from the lad and rightly given MOM on Sky.

#8 Adpom

Adpom

Duncan Ferguson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 06 Dec 2009 - 22:47

He was fantastic, great game, lets not get carried away tho.

#9 Maghull70

Maghull70

Dave Watson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 06 Dec 2009 - 23:58

Great performance from the young lad but it begs the question why hasnt he played more. Instead Moyes has opted to play players out of position. Many Evertonians have been saying throw on the young lads and Coleman's performance is a prime example of why Moyes should do exactly that instead of the cautious, negative option of going for experienced players out of their preferred position.

#10 Jesse_Wray

Jesse_Wray

Joe Parkinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 Dec 2009 - 03:45

Great performance from the young lad but it begs the question why hasnt he played more.

He was out for a few months with a potentially career threatening foot infection. He only just returned to full training by the time of the first Benfica match. Moyes would have played him earlier otherwise.

#11 Maghull70

Maghull70

Dave Watson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 07 Dec 2009 - 05:56

He was out for a few months with a potentially career threatening foot infection. He only just returned to full training by the time of the first Benfica match. Moyes would have played him earlier otherwise.

Well, that answers that then. Cheers.

#12 ustoffee22

ustoffee22

Lee Carsley

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 Dec 2009 - 06:13

We all saw in the fa cup final last year that hibbert cant play with the likes of chelsea throw Coleman in there he cant do worse then hibbert did last year lets see how he fares

#13 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,210 posts

Posted 07 Dec 2009 - 12:22

Quality performance from the lad, he should be proud of himself. If Hibbert plays ahead of him then Moyes needs his head testing.

#14 chicagoblue

chicagoblue

Bubbles

• Members
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 07 Dec 2009 - 18:19

Wonder what Moyes will do for Chelsea. I suspect Neil and Heitinga at CB with Hibbert at RB. If it were me though I'd have Coleman in at RB.

#15 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,478 posts

Posted 07 Dec 2009 - 19:23

Garth Crooks team of the week :P . The ultimate accolade :unsure: .

[attachment=699:Capture.JPG]

#16 bluenoseyankee

bluenoseyankee

The Love Child of Fellaini's Fro & Pienaar's Cornrow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 07 Dec 2009 - 21:03

how did Howard not get in that line-up before Friedel?

#17 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,478 posts

Posted 07 Dec 2009 - 21:13

how did Howard not get in that line-up before Friedel?

Garth Crooks is a tit. The only other Everton player in his squad was Baines :unsure: . Quite how he keeps his job at the beeb is beyond me, he's gloriously ignorant for an ex pro and also extremely annoying.
Opinion is divided on him though....he thinks he's a genius of the highest order and everyone else agrees with me :D .

#18 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 07 Dec 2009 - 21:54

Lets not get carried away. When he played his debut (admitadley out of position) he was roundly criticised. He's young and lets just hope that the last two games are a sign of things too come. He's young and anything could happen in his career. The problem is that football is all about "now, now, now!". If he's given time then he could really develop, however time is not always a luxery permitted to a footballer, especially in the Premier League.

#19 Jesse_Wray

Jesse_Wray

Joe Parkinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 Dec 2009 - 01:08

We all saw in the fa cup final last year that hibbert cant play with the likes of chelsea throw Coleman in there he cant do worse then hibbert did last year lets see how he fares

That's a bit harsh on Hibbert. He was clearly affected by the heat or something else on that day, and Kalou was having an absolute stormer.

I'd like to see Hibbert start at RB against Chelsea, but replace him with Coleman as a game-changer if we're chasing the match. This is what Moyes will probably do as well.

#20 sos1878.co.uk

sos1878.co.uk

Daniel Amokachi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 Dec 2009 - 10:10

Superb display.

#21 Noddy

Noddy

Shane Duffy's Agent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 09 Dec 2009 - 15:27

Saw this on another site.

Posted Image

#22 bassman

bassman

Leighton Baines

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 09 Dec 2009 - 15:42

Lets be honest guys, COLEMANS MUSTARD!

#23 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,505 posts

Posted 09 Dec 2009 - 16:16

Lets be honest guys, COLEMANS MUSTARD!

Ha Ha brilliant Bassman. :D

#24 Ian C

Ian C

100% Guaranteed Irish

• Members
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 09 Dec 2009 - 20:41

From henceforth, we dub thee.... Mustard!

#25 bluenoseyankee

bluenoseyankee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 17 Dec 2009 - 22:06

After tonight, he should be starting very regularly. He proved that his solid performances were not just luck or fluke. He is an amazing talent. Here's to DM for finding another one.

#26 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,210 posts

Posted 18 Dec 2009 - 12:35

After tonight, he should be starting very regularly. He proved that his solid performances were not just luck or fluke. He is an amazing talent. Here's to DM for finding another one.

Hibbert will be back there on Sunday though, even though Coleman offers more because he can attack as well as defend.

#27 nutmegwolf203

nutmegwolf203

Move Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 26 Dec 2009 - 23:37

Coleman must start...that's it, that's all. The kid has hunger, he must cringe when he sees every cross of Hibbert's hit a defender (as he telegraphs his long winde up,swing)

Hibbert is complacent,rests on his tenure and does nothing of value.

#28 jayc3

jayc3

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 Dec 2009 - 01:41

Coleman must start...that's it, that's all. The kid has hunger, he must cringe when he sees every cross of Hibbert's hit a defender (as he telegraphs his long winde up,swing)

good cross by hibbert for felli's goal!

#29 wakeyblue

wakeyblue

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 Dec 2009 - 05:15

how many of hibberts crosses hit the first defender yesterday 1 out of twenty crosses aint good enough im sick of seeing it from him

#30 bluenoseyankee

bluenoseyankee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 27 Dec 2009 - 05:34

Hibbert was dreadful. Coleman needs to be given a shot against Burnley. The lad has proven himself against strong opposition. He offers so much that Hibbo doesn't: pace going forward, aggressive play, hungry for a chance to prove himself, youth. DM needs to take a chance.

#31 wakeyblue

wakeyblue

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 Dec 2009 - 08:08

Hibbert was dreadful. Coleman needs to be given a shot against Burnley. The lad has proven himself against strong opposition. He offers so much that Hibbo doesn't: pace going forward, aggressive play, hungry for a chance to prove himself, youth. DM needs to take a chance.

nice shout mate agree totaly

#32 duncanmckenzieismagic

duncanmckenzieismagic

Howard Kendall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,609 posts

Posted 27 Dec 2009 - 08:12

Yawn!

Hibbo may not be the complete defender but he is anything but complacent and he would run through the proverbial brick wall for Everton

Hibbo has been superb during the last few months even when he has been called upon to play as a CB, all the Hibbo bashers must have been drooling at the thought of him getting slaughtered and must have been so dissapointed to see him turn in MoM performances from that position

Why dont people get off his back he did absolutely nothing wrong yesterday at all. Coleman undoubtedly has potential and his time will come

The goal came from Johnny H getting out jumped then being slow to get back in position and where was the cover from Niell?
I would also call setting up the equalising goal something of value!

#33 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,210 posts

Posted 27 Dec 2009 - 09:04

how many of hibberts crosses hit the first defender yesterday 1 out of twenty crosses aint good enough im sick of seeing it from him

This.

We're so lopsided in attack with Hibbert; 9 out of 10 attacks break down when we go down the right and this is why Coleman must start against Burnley. Why? Because we've got to attack them in every way possible to get those 3 points, and let's be honest, Burnley may be doing decent points wise this season but they are NOT a good side.

#34 wakeyblue

wakeyblue

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 Dec 2009 - 09:28

Yawn!

Hibbo may not be the complete defender but he is anything but complacent and he would run through the proverbial brick wall for Everton

Hibbo has been superb during the last few months even when he has been called upon to play as a CB, all the Hibbo bashers must have been drooling at the thought of him getting slaughtered and must have been so dissapointed to see him turn in MoM performances from that position

Why dont people get off his back he did absolutely nothing wrong yesterday at all. Coleman undoubtedly has potential and his time will come

The goal came from Johnny H getting out jumped then being slow to get back in position and where was the cover from Niell?

i aint slagging hibbert off just makeing observation that his distribution of the the ball most of the time is woeful his defending is as good as anyones at the club but its no good getting so many players up the pitch and he cant cross it it must piss our strikers off

#35 nutmegwolf203

nutmegwolf203

Move Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 27 Dec 2009 - 23:34

Yawn!

http://www.telegraph...at-Everton.html

I wasn't attacking the man's character, he has the bluest blood out of any of em'. This article illustrates ALL of our points pretty well, that being said, IMO the monocre of "the great survivor" doesn't satisfy me as a supporter. That just sounds like the guy that does enough, granted I don't know everything and do not claim to, but I'm waiting to be impressed.

#36 FairWooney

FairWooney

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 28 Dec 2009 - 13:20

i've been happy enough with Hibbo in general recently but would be pleased to see Coleman play today in a game we should dominate. With his ability to go up the win with plenty of pace and get a good ball in I think he's worth the game giving both wings 2 could players attacking.

#37 bluenoseyankee

bluenoseyankee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 02 Jan 2010 - 17:55

It's a fucking joke that Moyes didn't give Seamie a start today. He was put on late...two minutes later we scored from the right. I haven't a clue how he hasn't played any part in our last 3 league matches. If Davey isn't going to start him, he should be coming off the bench at 60 or 70 mins. Every time he has been in we gain something we DON'T otherwise have, a RIGHT SIDED ATTACK.

Against Arsenal we need to have some speed down the flank as well as a mean tackle. With Sagna, their right side is too much for Hibbo. I wanna see this defense.

Coleman Neill Heitinga Baines

#38 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,478 posts

Posted 02 Jan 2010 - 18:18

Seamie :mellow: ?

#39 GoodisonRoad

GoodisonRoad

Peter Reid

• Members
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 02 Jan 2010 - 19:21

It's a fucking joke that Moyes didn't give Seamie a start today. He was put on late...two minutes later we scored from the right. I haven't a clue how he hasn't played any part in our last 3 league matches. If Davey isn't going to start him, he should be coming off the bench at 60 or 70 mins. Every time he has been in we gain something we DON'T otherwise have, a RIGHT SIDED ATTACK.

Against Arsenal we need to have some speed down the flank as well as a mean tackle. With Sagna, their right side is too much for Hibbo. I wanna see this defense.

Coleman Neill Heitinga Baines

Sagna is a right back, so that would mean he would be coming down are Left? which isnt were Hibbo Plays (just saying) But i Do agree with you Totally that Seamus should be starting, as good as Hibbo is Defensivly, i dont think he is any were near good enough going forward as some of the teams around us Right backs. Seamus is just as good as Hibbo Defensivly but alot better going forward.
Dont Get me Wrong here, i think Hibbo is a great asset to the club, but i think we need to progress in terms of keeping up with the teams around us.

#40 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,210 posts

Posted 03 Jan 2010 - 09:03

Hibbert was an absolute arsebag yesterday, and it's laughable that the only reason Coleman got on was because Hibbert was injured! I went home thinking Moyes had actually made a good tactical decision for a change, only for that to be blown out of the water after his interview.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users