IGNORED

Louis Saha

Romey 1878

Apparently he is after 60k a week according to The Times (or one of the papers).

Seems a bit steep for a player who still spends around 50% of the time on the treatment table... Tough decision for Mr Moyes me thinks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1241779/Out-contract-striker-Louis-Saha-stirs-stand-Everton-pay.html?ITO=1490

Daily Mail are running with the same story now

I agree, the only way he should get that much is on a pay when you play basis.

With the Euro and Cup games we have played already, some players are on about 30 games, Louis has'nt played half that amount, He's been good for us but theres no way he should be the top earner.

If we can buy or loan one in the window, i would say thanks and goodbye to Mr Louis Saha. ;)

I agree, the only way he should get that much is on a pay when you play basis.

With the Euro and Cup games we have played already, some players are on about 30 games, Louis has'nt played half that amount, He's been good for us but theres no way he should be the top earner.

If we can buy or loan one in the window, i would say thanks and goodbye to Mr Louis Saha. ;)

Yep :angry2:

kick his arse in the summer...yes he scores a few goals but other than that he doesnt really contribute...i would rather sort pienaars contract out.

He does what he's paid to contribute; goals, and he has half of our total goals scored or close to. So take his crap contribution away and what are you left with?

Edited by Romey 1878

i hope he stays, even if he does want more wages. The way i see it is; he leaves we are left with Jo (gone at the end of the season), Yak, Anichebe and the just-as-injury-prone Vaughn. Only Vaughn actually runs upfront so we are left with 3 lazy gits who want their goal opportunities on a silver platter. Saha offers workrate, flair, skill and goals.

If he goes, we have to take a gamble on a new striker (who is going to cost a fair bit in signing then wages) and hope for the best. From a finacial point of view, it makes sense (assuming 60k over 3 years = 3,120,000, not including bonuses). We're not going to get anyone of his quality for anything near that,and even with his injury proneness its less of a finacial gamble too.

1 other danger of doing this, and think its been mentioned above, is that its going to up our wage structure around the same time that Pienaar is negotiating his contract and who would blame him if he gets pissed about all that. He is just as important to us as Louis.

hopes this makes sense. had 4 hours sleep, a fair bit to drink last night and packed my glasses in my checked luggage!

From a finacial point of view, it makes sense (assuming 60k over 3 years = 3,120,000, not including bonuses).

It'd be £3m a season on those wages so over 3 seasons it'd be more like £9m. But still 2 year contract with an option of a 3rd, we could do a lot worse. The main concern will be if Louis gets it who else will want it? Will it fook up our pay structure/moral at club?

I think the rest of the squad know how talented Louis is and how he should be near the top of the pay structure but, as he gets older the injuries and niggles will get worse. We should be concentrating on Peanuts contract and making him top earner. I cant wait to see Pienaar link up with Micky again.

i hope he stays, even if he does want more wages. The way i see it is; he leaves we are left with Jo (gone at the end of the season), Yak, Anichebe and the just-as-injury-prone Vaughn. Only Vaughn actually runs upfront so we are left with 3 lazy gits who want their goal opportunities on a silver platter. Saha offers workrate, flair, skill and goals.

If he goes, we have to take a gamble on a new striker (who is going to cost a fair bit in signing then wages) and hope for the best. From a finacial point of view, it makes sense (assuming 60k over 3 years = 3,120,000, not including bonuses). We're not going to get anyone of his quality for anything near that,and even with his injury proneness its less of a finacial gamble too.

1 other danger of doing this, and think its been mentioned above, is that its going to up our wage structure around the same time that Pienaar is negotiating his contract and who would blame him if he gets pissed about all that. He is just as important to us as Louis.

hopes this makes sense. had 4 hours sleep, a fair bit to drink last night and packed my glasses in my checked luggage!

Id give him an insensitivised contract with a decent basic salary. Something like 40k a week plus a grand a goal/assist/mom etc etc. Or at least something like that. I think his play in the most part (excluding today) is very good and he deserves a good contract but if the 60k is true then for me it is too high. The way our club is run is dependent on paying relatively low wages and if one player gets lots then the current squad may want more as well as any potential signings.

Looking at the other strikers available then we could really do with him staying. As you say Jo is going, Yak is sometimes good sometimes diabolical and may be leaving, JV is quality but we cant rely on him to stay fit and Vic is ridiculously strong but seems to have some attitude problems.

Having said that the combination of JV and Vic could be brilliant if we could get them both fit and on some sort of form. They may be quite raw, especially being young but Im sure they could both mature into gems. Vic would ruffle any defenders feathers and cause problems to anyone if he wants to and Vaughan will run his arse off and score goals. Arsenal struggled with JV when he came on today and that was only 15mins and that was with Cahill as a spectator. I really hope they get a chance together.

If we paid him this £60k a week he is claimed to want it would mean us smashing our pay structure, once broken every agent of every first team squad member would be in with threats, unless you pay Fred so much he'll be off..............etc. That is a scenario the club just cannot afford, a he must know that

Saha is a very good player yet as Bill said today he looked anything but interested. On many occasions in today's match he could have passed to another player for them to score yet he wasted the ball every time, it was in my book the worse display of any Blue on that Park. If he goes to Arsenal, as is rumoured, I wonder how much that connection influenced his display today...................£60k a week, bye bye Louis you8 can do one lad

Looked totally uninterested today, I think he has his mind set on a better contract, or a move. ;)

I thought he looked very interested he certainly put the effort in just not a lot came off for him. One poor performance doesnt mean his mind isnt on the job

As for the reported £60k a week if we dont give it to him somebody else will thats the perk of us being a small club finance wise.

Personally, due to his injury record, I dont think he is worth the gamble as he could turn into another Kevin Campbell but then I would also hate to lose him. Lol glad its not my decision!

Id give him an insensitivised contract with a decent basic salary. Something like 40k a week plus a grand a goal/assist/mom etc etc. Or at least something like that. I think his play in the most part (excluding today) is very good and he deserves a good contract but if the 60k is true then for me it is too high. The way our club is run is dependent on paying relatively low wages and if one player gets lots then the current squad may want more as well as any potential signings.

Looking at the other strikers available then we could really do with him staying. As you say Jo is going, Yak is sometimes good sometimes diabolical and may be leaving, JV is quality but we cant rely on him to stay fit and Vic is ridiculously strong but seems to have some attitude problems.

Having said that the combination of JV and Vic could be brilliant if we could get them both fit and on some sort of form. They may be quite raw, especially being young but Im sure they could both mature into gems. Vic would ruffle any defenders feathers and cause problems to anyone if he wants to and Vaughan will run his arse off and score goals. Arsenal struggled with JV when he came on today and that was only 15mins and that was with Cahill as a spectator. I really hope they get a chance together.

Lol you must have been at a different game to me then! I love JV but all he did yeterday was miss a sitter that would have won us the game. Cahill probably had his best game of the season for us so far. What about his superb run down the left when he left Gallas for dead? what about his superb through ball for Piennars goal?

Lol if all our spectators could contribute as much as Cahill yesterday we would walk the league title

Lol you must have been at a different game to me then! I love JV but all he did yeterday was miss a sitter that would have won us the game. Cahill probably had his best game of the season for us so far. What about his superb run down the left when he left Gallas for dead? what about his superb through ball for Piennars goal?

Lol if all our spectators could contribute as much as Cahill yesterday we would walk the league title

After ripping Gallas to shreds he fucked up. For their first goal he was a lazy bastard and waited for the ball to come to him instead of going towards the ball so the Arsenal player nipped in and took the ball for himself. The through ball was class though.

Cahill was better but he still did very little for the team throughout most of the game apart from misplace passes and concede possession. The run he made was good but as he let Nasri get back at him and make the challenge when JV or Pienaar were in decent positions. Although the through ball for first Pienaar and then JV were quality but one or two good bits dont equate for a mediocre performance in the rest of the game.

Yes Jv missed a sitter but even in the small time he was on he was hassling the defenders into mistakes and made some lively runs which hadnt been coming from the top 2 for most of the second half. If Cahill had played it to him earlier he would have had another good chance on goal. He certainly isnt the finisher that Saha is (although he should have done better with a couple of shots!) but the more he plays the better he will get and the one thing Vaughan does do is score goals (and get injured!).

If we paid him this £60k a week he is claimed to want it would mean us smashing our pay structure, once broken every agent of every first team squad member would be in with threats, unless you pay Fred so much he'll be off..............etc. That is a scenario the club just cannot afford, a he must know that

Saha is a very good player yet as Bill said today he looked anything but interested. On many occasions in today's match he could have passed to another player for them to score yet he wasted the ball every time, it was in my book the worse display of any Blue on that Park. If he goes to Arsenal, as is rumoured, I wonder how much that connection influenced his display today...................£60k a week, bye bye Louis you8 can do one lad

Totally agree Jimmy, When fit Saha is class but at his age and with his injury record is it worth even risking the ethos by making him top earner it only takes one turned head as we saw with Lescott.

I cant see Spurs wanting another striker and if Saha did go I doubt he would be starting even when he was fit so he would be stupid to go there for his world cup aspirations.

Im more worried about the Arsenal rumour, to me it would seem like a good fit... unfortunately

I cant see Spurs wanting another striker and if Saha did go I doubt he would be starting even when he was fit so he would be stupid to go there for his world cup aspirations.

Im more worried about the Arsenal rumour, to me it would seem like a good fit... unfortunately

Nobody thought Spurs wanted another right back, let along 2 more right backs.

when he is fit he is out best player. he should be up at the top of the structure. i dont know what our top earner gets, but he should be close.

If he could play more than once a month I would agree with you, but if we give him £60K a week and a 3 year contract he might end up not playing a all and just bleeding the club dry ala Kevin Campbell