IGNORED

Arteta

cols

i just heard off a few everton supporters that arteta is leaving,finishing his career early.dont know why or even if it is true..i just hate hearing news like this..has any one else heard anything..i will try to locate a link if there is any.witch i hope there aint

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arteta leaving!....I can hardly remember what it's like to have him playing :( For all we know his injury could be worse than we thought! even if he gets back, he may not be quite as good as before the injury.

Plan for life ( certainly for the next couple of months) without him, were already used to him not being there.....then just HOPE he makes it back, and is as good as before.

Watching clips of him on youtube (was he really that good) remind you what were missing.

BUT!.....he's not playing at the moment, we have to win without him, we have to replace him, in case the worst happens :(

Pienaar's almost as good, without perhaps the free kick majic....oh and the never missed a penalty in the prem thing.

PLUS I think Goslings the new Arteta :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

I'd rather sell Pienaar than lose Arteta.

not gonna happen hes worth three times the amount pienar is

Come on fellas, I think this is a bit OTT. Apart from the fact that Arteta wouldn't leave for City in a million, these comments are rather overstating what we all think of our treasured Spaniard. He 'is' good, very good, but so is Pienaar. On balance, over the last two years, I have thought we were a better side with both of them playing. When they are not together, I think we are more penetrative with Pienaar alone, than Arteta alone. This is not to say I think that Pienaar is a superior player as that is absurd. I just think that Pienaar tends to bring in the fullbacks more and creates more movement from the midfield and strikers, where Arteta is more of magician. I also think Pienaar is more consistent, as is his workrate and tracking back. I wouldn't want to lose either and value each to the team equally. Value wise, Arteta 3 times Pienaar, I think not, and if we don't have a contract for Pienaar sewn up before the world cup, we might see some silly offers for Pienaar.

Out of curiosity, what would you value Arteta at currently?

I think if a club wanted to buy him they would expect to pay around £20-25 mil. However i don't think you can put a price on him in terms of what he brings to our squad as a player and as a person, seems a top guy from things he's said. I wouldn't want to say something ridiculous like £60mil but i really wouldn't want to sell him no matter what the offer, can see him staying here for his career. :D

Guest blueboy122

offer them billy.. and tell them to do one... fook off, i said to babey spice if she doesnt wana be in the band then fook off do one.

Come on fellas, I think this is a bit OTT.

I don't think it is. Obviously when we're without both of them we look terrible, but if Pienaar's out and Arteta's playing I don't lose too much confidence in the ability of the team to win. If Pienaar's playing but Arteta's out then I lose a bit of that confidence - for me, while Pienaar works hard he gives the ball away far too much for someone with the amount of talent he has.

I don't think it is. Obviously when we're without both of them we look terrible, but if Pienaar's out and Arteta's playing I don't lose too much confidence in the ability of the team to win. If Pienaar's playing but Arteta's out then I lose a bit of that confidence - for me, while Pienaar works hard he gives the ball away far too much for someone with the amount of talent he has.

this! i'd muh rather lose pienaar than artea

but if you lose someone of Cescs calibre, you want to be able to replace him with someone of a similar ability who could just 'slip' into the team, and with Arteta's now valuable experience within the prem, it makes perfect sense having Arteta as his replacement. Aresnal couldnt afford to lose Fabregas, to someone who 'might' have potential, they'd need results nearly instantly. :)

but if you lose someone of Cescs calibre, you want to be able to replace him with someone of a similar ability who could just 'slip' into the team, and with Arteta's now valuable experience within the prem, it makes perfect sense having Arteta as his replacement. Aresnal couldnt afford to lose Fabregas, to someone who 'might' have potential, they'd need results nearly instantly. :)

dunno about that, arteta is quite the downgrade, i would have thought they'd aim higher

dunno about that, arteta is quite the downgrade, i would have thought they'd aim higher

But what i mean is dude, which other premier league player could Arsenal realisticaly look at? Taking into account Arteta's experience and adaptability. I realise he isn't to the same level as Cesc but getting someone from abroad might be a high risk, and Arteta is seen as a safe option?

Edited by tenaciousj