IGNORED

Arteta

cols

Does anyone listen to Talksport on there way home? I left work at 17h30 yesterday & Adrian was in a discussion saying that Arsenal fans were delluded if they didnt want Milner to replace Fabrigas. He started to mention about Arteta and Ya ya Toure (sp) as 2 players they could get to replace Fabregas yet Adrian (I dont know his surname??) reckons that Milner is TWICE the player Arteta is????

I couldnt believe my ears?

Now a message for all you kids out there..... Drugs! This is why you shouldnt take them!!!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

best season of milners career so far this year has been in the centre though..

really? huh, goes to show how much other football i get to watch! All i ever see him do though is running down the wings and crossing it in, will take your word for though :)

Arteta and Milner are very well matched to be honest, Mikel has more style and brains to his play and can play passes that milner can't, however milner appears to be a better athlete. Both very, very good players, Arteta would be the one who could fill the role of fabregas moreso IMO as he has a better understanding and more experience of tempo to play etc. Arteta is simply the best signing Moyes has made. The cost to replace a midfielder of his calibre would be £30m plus.

Milner will be a top european midfielder within 2 years. Disappointed we didn't get him from Newcastle. He will go for nearer to £40m if city and Chelsea lock horns. Ready made replacement for Lampard.

really? huh, goes to show how much other football i get to watch! All i ever see him do though is running down the wings and crossing it in, will take your word for though :)

He's been in the centre pretty much all season like Marco said, and look what its done for his game. Even at Newcastle and playing as a 'winger' he could never beat a man for pace, rather clever passing and great crossing. Anyone who saw him prior to Villa woul dhave told you that his best position, certainly wasnt a winger!!

yeah he does do that as does arteta too sometimes...their midfield is very much like ours everyone is everywhere so its kinda hard to tell who plays where half the time!

This is their problem, i think only Petrov stays where he'sment to lol. They all interchange but Milners best position is definitely as CM.

Oh and response to the radio thing; Got to be a kopite. Arteta as it stands now is a greater player, but is also v.different in style to the way that Milner plays. So the comparison is friggin rediculous!! :blink:

Milner will be a top european midfielder within 2 years. Disappointed we didn't get him from Newcastle. He will go for nearer to £40m if city and Chelsea lock horns. Ready made replacement for Lampard.

Not in agreeance to what you said before but what you say here, i completely agree with (EFC not getting him and Lampards replacement)

City after Arteta

Initially I was thinking - get to fuck!!! But... (I'm not saying I would) - Arteta's 28 with 2yrs on his contract, if we can't tie him down this summer it's a lot to turn down - how about we barter £25-30m out of citeh on the basis man.u/arse may want him - moutinho looks a younger almost as good replacement at a quoted £17m... just exercising possibilities here!!!

What a crap video that was, He was involved quite a bit as any midfielder would be, tho i didnt see him do anything special, a few passes and a few tackles and that was it.

I doubt if we would want to pay any more than £10m if we wanted him.

whoah didnt expect that response. :blink: Bit harsh i think. It highlights his neatness and tenacity (;)) for such a small guy, he has got class though. He ran his arse off from start to finish aswel, can you honestly say most of our guys do that? I wasn't causing shit Bill, i came across it at the same time of reading the above comment. :huh:

Edited by tenaciousj

whoah didnt expect that response. :blink: Bit harsh i think. It highlights his neatness and tenacity (;)) for such a small guy, he has got class though. He ran his arse off from start to finish aswel, can you honestly say most of our guys do that? I wasn't causing shit Bill, i came across it at the same time of reading the above comment. :huh:

im with you ten, in that game he ripped us apart! 6 mins of highlights doesnt do it justice. at goodison he didnt turn up thou.

on topic, if he joins city i will burn down eastlands

im with you ten, in that game he ripped us apart! 6 mins of highlights doesnt do it justice. at goodison he didnt turn up thou.

Steve, if that was a video of the HIGHLIGHTS there couldnt have been much else. ;)

Just saying it was a poor Video and does nothing for him, in fact it shows him in a very poor light, look at a video of Leon Osman and tell me who looks better. :)

Rumours of City coming in for Mikel are worrying, hopeful he will stay. If he were to go I would pipeline the move for Moutinho (£17m) and the sale of Arteta should be in region of £25m.

Moutinho is a class act, at goodison he was played on left wing and was isolated, at their place he ran the midfield. Gifted player, very similar to Arteta in my opinion.

I just want our squad to remain as it is barring sell Yobo, - buy another younger centre half as cover - Taylor? I would also sell Yak if we can get £7m then get a more mobile goalscoring centre forward to partner Saha. I think Yak has come to his usual "done a few years, i'm bored, want to move" Is Jose Baxter any closer to making a big step?

Steve, if that was a video of the HIGHLIGHTS there couldnt have been much else. ;)

Just saying it was a poor Video and does nothing for him, in fact it shows him in a very poor light, look at a video of Leon Osman and tell me who looks better. :)

fair point in it being a poor video, most of it is replays anyway. but from memory he was awesome in that game.

who would make an osman highlight video? :lol:

Thats your view Billy and i will respect that, however that was a video of one game. He can be unplayable at times (based on the games i've seen him play in (international and Sporting)).

We have all said that anybody can look good on Youtube because people compile all the good bits from a players career, which can be the one screamer they score every 2 seasons; whereas the video of Mout was just the one game and it highlighted his technical and passing ability, his 'engine', his set piece credentials and his awareness. One game 4/5 great bits of skill.

The osman one will show all his cracking goals (can't deny him that) but it won't show you the 'Bolton away' for example. I just think to judge a guy on one game is slightly too premature. The video may not have done justice but being there in person on the two occasions he played against us, he was average/poor at our place and absolutely phenominal at theirs. I have never seen a game won by a single handed effort like i did that game.

Finally the ONLY reason i used that video, was because i was on youtube and it came up in my suggestions box as i was reading this thread. i thought it apt to put it on?

p.s Mike, as you're playing the i can find a video game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICbGDqzlb9o

.... :P

Edited by tenaciousj

Donno bout you guys, but I'd much rather we NOT sell Arteta...

I'd have thought it's a fair bet that at a rough estimate around 100% of Evertonians agree with that :mellow: .

Someone on NSNO has posted that City are in talks with us over a deal for Arteta - cash plus Bellamy :unsure:.

Don't believe that for a minute.

Someone on NSNO has posted that City are in talks with us over a deal for Arteta - cash plus Bellamy :unsure:.

FUCK THAT. I wouldn't even take 30 Million plus Bellamy, rather we kept Mikel and went without funds for new players.

I heard they were interested in Joao Moutinho not so long ago, let them buy him if they want.