IGNORED

Arteta

cols

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that article on sportal claims Tim Cahill is going to be a groomsman at Mikel's wedding, which is why they'll both be absent for the last game of the pre-season Australian tour... it's also another ray of hope that these articles are nonsense!

Crap. The one match I'm attending, and my two favourite players won't be there...hopefully Fellani has a run and Bily gets some goals.

It would be tempting. If they chucked in some cash to that I think we'd have to.

Player swaps very rarely happen, especially in the Premier League.

Plus, I just don't see the club wanting to accept that - we lose one players wages and gain three players wages. It just doesn't make sense.

Player swaps very rarely happen, especially in the Premier League.

Plus, I just don't see the club wanting to accept that - we lose one players wages and gain three players wages. It just doesn't make sense.

True...for their salaries combined, we could offer Mik double his salary. TBH, I think its just journalist linking every player possible to Man City because of their money...It will be interesting there this year...Y. Toure or Barry in the middle???

I thought it were just rumours made up by the tabloids, just randomly linking every good player to City. But the above two posts sound worrying. Hopefully not another Lescott-saga, tearing down the peace in the team leading to a 1-6 opening defeat.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/mancity/7890978/Manchester-City-to-turn-spotlight-on-Mikel-Arteta-should-James-Milner-deal-fails.html

But the man himself says...

“I think all the players here are really committed and we all work really hard,”

“We’ve got a great group of players, we have a great belief in what we do and we want to win things. We haven’t been able to do that in recent years but it’s really tough to make that next step and compete with the big teams."

“We have an unbelievable crowd, the fans are really special and really loyal to the club, as we [the players] are. I think we’ve probably got the best fans in the Premier League."

They can do one if they are thinking they can get him for 12 million! Especially when players like milner, ashley young and co are priced at 20 million plus! although they are younger, Mikel has the quality to get into any top European team! I would be happy if Jags and Mikel stay, thats our main priority! Not bothered about Pienaar, sell him to Inter and get Landon!

They can do one if they are thinking they can get him for 12 million! Especially when players like milner, ashley young and co are priced at 20 million plus! although they are younger, Mikel has the quality to get into any top European team! I would be happy if Jags and Mikel stay, thats our main priority! Not bothered about Pienaar, sell him to Inter and get Landon!

Thats because there english mate...

hahaha 9 million are they having a laugh!!! give me 20 million, luis fabiano and jesus navas and i might think about it.

We seriously cannot let this guy leave for no amount of money! he is the heartbeat of our team without him we look average. 24 million for Lescott, at least double that for Mikel.

Anyone else scratching their heads at Arteta's agents comment:

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/41096/Agent_Arteta_will_stay_with_Toffees.aspx?

"Everton are asking for a lot of money, so it is difficult for Mikel to exit the club," claimed Inaki Ibanez.

If Mikel genuinely wants to leave but is priced out of moving, I hope his performances don't dip. :blink:

Anyone else scratching their heads at Arteta's agents comment:

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/41096/Agent_Arteta_will_stay_with_Toffees.aspx?

If Mikel genuinely wants to leave but is priced out of moving, I hope his performances don't dip. :blink:

i was thinking the same to be honest, but then we have to remember that agents a money grabbing parasites and as such their words should not be trusted.

slightly offtopic, but kind of comforting:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/8845624.stm

hopefully that will keep City happy enough to leave Arteta (and hopefully Donovan) alone!

I dont believe we will offer him that much money to stay tbh... If he gets that much the likes of Pienaar, Heits, Jags, Felli, Yak, Saha will all want the extra 20k (approx) on top of their wages.

I personally think the article is bollocks and while we will up his wages to say 60k I dont think we will go much further, mainly because the club cant afford it and I dont want the club to go bust because a couple of good players are greedy enough to demand an extra 20k to sit in the bank with the rest of their millions...

75k would put us just under what Arsenal offer their lot. They actually have money to pay it with though, at least more than we do. With Bailey here, potentially jeopardising the clubs finances for a player, no matter who, doesnt make any sense, especially since there are several others who will want an increase.

As for the offer of 9mill, put the crack down and step away from the pipe....

edit: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/189189/Marouane-Fellaini-will-give-Everton-a-boost

Everton have put a £25m price tag on Spanish midfielder Arteta after he rejected a £75,000-per-week deal that would have made him the highest-paid player in the club’s history.

Manchester City and Arsenal have been alerted along with La Liga clubs Sevilla and Atletico Madrid.

Arteta has two years left to run on his contract and his agent Inaki Ibanez admitted: “Everton are asking for a lot of money, so it is difficult for Mikel to exit the club.”

thats very worrying if true...

Edited by galacticaracnid