IGNORED

Everton To Meet With Lcc

Romey 1878

http://www.evertonfc...ty-council.html

Goodison Park officials have confirmed Liverpool City Council have agreed to sit down and discuss the options for a new home for Everton in the wake of the collapse of the Destination Kirkby project.

The Blues were informed last month that central Government would not pass a planning application for the £400 million development that would have seen the Club move into a new 50,000 seater stadium.

Liverpool City Council were one of the opponents to Destination Kirkby but will send a high ranking delegation to meet with Everton early in the New Year.

Everton’s Head of PR Ian Ross told evertonfc.com: "Throughout the Destination Kirkby process, Liverpool City Council always made it clear that if the project was to fail they would step forward and seek to help us.

“As a consequence, an Everton-led working-group is to be formed and meetings held to actively explore all the options and possibilities which are open to Everton Football Club.

“Despite the disappointment of seeing our proposed move to Kirkby collapse, we, as a Club, remain convinced that a move to a new home is not only the right way forwards but the only way forwards.

“Of course, it does remain to be seen if the City Council can provide us with the level of help and assistance which we will require if we are to locate to any new stadium within the Liverpool boundaries but we will enter these preliminary talks with a measure of optimism."

City Council leader Warren Bradley added: “We have got a meeting with Everton where we will put all our cards on the table. I will be there as will be council chief executive Colin Hilton and executive director of regeneration John Kelly. We want to make sure that we can facilitate things for Everton.”

Hopefully something positive can come out of it.

Yeah just seen article on OS.

I still don't see how they will bend over backwards to help find a location, their preference is always going to be to move Liverpool FC first. I hope something positive does come out of it...sooner rather than later.

Maybe they will give us the go ahead to use L,pools plot in the park, whoever builds 1st can have it. :D it would be nice if we ended up there. ;)

You have got to admire the selective publishing of comments on the official site.

Andrew Kelly About time the council tried to actually help us. If it was Steven Gerrard FC who wanted help the council would bend over backwards and give them anything they wanted. Lets hope we get some kind of direction before the Bullens Road is shut down by Health and Saftey in 2011.

paul yearsley why cant we just rebuild a new stadium were we are and get a groundshare til the stadium is up i know we would have to pay rent but we would still get a income from the gates and then we can stay here for another hundred odd years.

DAVE HUNTER About time surely there is a site in the city that can accomodate a ground with shopping complex similar to the one proposed for kirby

Paul Gregory What a shame our club even has to meet the people of Liverpool City Council. They block everything that EFC try to do and allow LFC to build a 60,000 seat stadium on a public park with little or no traffic access. Were is the public enquiry for this scheme????

Some press reports are already stating that Goodison has been ruled out, which is a shame.

(If they offer a site in Speke I will do something nasty to the town hall.)

I hope we stay on the North side of town (preferably not too far from Goodison) but I wouldnt be surprised if a site in Speke was offered then we'll all be wishing that Kirkby got the go ahead.

Edited by Maghull70

Well Speke is further away than Kirkby. The idea of using Analfield is a possibility if (a big if) there is massive redevelopement to produce a major sports emporium type of thing, Two massive football stadia and a big sports complex, with Olympic style arena and velodrome etc etc.

Well Speke is further away than Kirkby. The idea of using Analfield is a possibility if (a big if) there is massive redevelopement to produce a major sports emporium type of thing, Two massive football stadia and a big sports complex, with Olympic style arena and velodrome etc etc.

not a chance! That just would not happen!

I hope we stay on the North side of town (preferably not too far from Goodison) but I wouldnt be surprised if a site in Speke was offered then we'll all be wishing that Kirkby got the go ahead.

the issues with kirkby were never about the distance from goodison, so i dont think we'd be wishing that at all.

North side would be nice though.

Edited by StevO

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/40924/club-statement.html

JOINT STATEMENT FROM LIVERPOOL CITY COUNCIL AND EVERTON FOOTBALL CLUB

A positive meeting took place between Everton FC and Liverpool City Council today about future stadium options within the city boundary, and more discussions have been scheduled for the near future.

Not a lot to take from that really, they are obviously keeping their cards close to their chest. In an ideal world I would love to see land bought up behind Bullens and a stand by stand rebuild of Goodison (with building taking place each close season with us playing away for the final few games of one season and first few of the next to maximise building time)

Sadly without tat elusive investment there is no wa we can afford it. There has to some dockside space free somewhere though, I like the idea of a ground on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey