IGNORED

Vdm Staying?

VAN DER MEYDE TO STAY A TOFFEE

Everton winger Andy Van Der Meyde will not be leaving the club to join Galatasaray, according to his agent.

Chiel Dekker told The Liverpool Echo that the Dutchman wanted to stay at Goodison Park in order to prove himself to manager David Moyes.

"He's not going to Turkey, absolutely no way," said Dekker. "We are aware of an interest from Galatasaray but Andy wants to stay at Everton and prove himself. He is looking forward to going back for pre-season training."

Van Der Maeyde joioned Everton last summer from Inter Milan but made just seven starts, failing to complete the 90 mionutes once.

One problem with that theory VDM was injured Davies was just shite tho I would be very happy to be proved wrong.

I think that VDM will come back strong and try to prove his doubters wrong - - hopefully.

Davies - not sure what was up with him. I watched the Spurs v Arse game the other day from the 04/05 season and Davies was superb down the right and he didn't cut into the middle like he does for us...so that leads me to believe that the management did not want him to play wide right - could that be Moyes and his negative football? get everyone in the middle and we cant concede (we wont score either!)??!!??!?!?!?!?!!?

AJ great signing - i think £8.6m is a bit steep but we had to pay large to get good players - wigan were matching it for fucks sake!

Oh well...he's ours now - lets hope that he can bang a few goals in for us!

VDM was sayin at the end of the season he felt guilty about not playing all season and he was going to prove to the fans his worth next season. It sounded genuine and I think it's the very least he can do seen as tho we've been paying him 30k a week for a year to sit on his arse. That and the 2M we paid inter.

Guest fozzie22
Alot of players who have come over to England to play have needed a season or more to settle in, look at Angel at Villa he was shite in his first season then the next he banged in the goals, and last season he was injured and then didnt get played by O'Leary

Ah i knew that one would come up,he was injured for most of the season as he has been for the last few,i've played more than him tbh,he's a wastrel.

Guest fozzie22
i think VDM will turn into a class player for Everton

well that depends doesnt it?

1,him staying,

2,him playing more than 7 games a season(his record is against him there)

3,him being good enough to get into the side in the first place

well we all said the same about BT didnt we.

overwieght

shit

injury prone (wont play more than 4 games in a row)

overpaid

im not saying VDM will do the same but we need to give him at least one more chance next season. i agree if he doesnt do anything by january then show him the door. but untill then give the man a break for christ sake at least hes come out and sed he wants to prove himself here. thats a good sign

Guest fozzie22
VAN DER MEYDE TO STAY A TOFFEE

Everton winger Andy Van Der Meyde will not be leaving the club to join Galatasaray, according to his agent.

Chiel Dekker told The Liverpool Echo that the Dutchman wanted to stay at Goodison Park in order to prove himself to manager David Moyes.

"He's not going to Turkey, absolutely no way," said Dekker. "We are aware of an interest from Galatasaray but Andy wants to stay at Everton and prove himself. He is looking forward to going back for pre-season training."

Van Der Maeyde joioned Everton last summer from Inter Milan but made just seven starts, failing to complete the 90 mionutes once.

24947[/snapback]

So in other words no bugger made the slack arsed dutchie an offer,so we may be stuck with him,oh well get those calanders out boys and girls,look for haleys comet coming because thats about the same time slackarse will string 3 games together