#1 Moyski

Moyski

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 18:20

VAN DER MEYDE TO STAY A TOFFEE
Everton winger Andy Van Der Meyde will not be leaving the club to join Galatasaray, according to his agent.

Chiel Dekker told The Liverpool Echo that the Dutchman wanted to stay at Goodison Park in order to prove himself to manager David Moyes.

"He's not going to Turkey, absolutely no way," said Dekker. "We are aware of an interest from Galatasaray but Andy wants to stay at Everton and prove himself. He is looking forward to going back for pre-season training."

Van Der Maeyde joioned Everton last summer from Inter Milan but made just seven starts, failing to complete the 90 mionutes once.

#2 Dunny the Blue

Dunny the Blue

Ian "Dunny" Dunstan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 18:55

I'm really glad he's staying. i think he's gona shine next season, he just needed a settling in period.

#3 Moyski

Moyski

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 19:01

I'm really glad he's staying. i think he's gona shine next season, he just needed a settling in period.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hopefully the same for Davies.

#4 StevO

StevO

Blagging on the basis of knowledge

• Cyber Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,032 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 21:02

i think we'll see more from both Davies and VDM next season, fingers crossed

#5 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,187 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 21:20

Lets hope they do come good because if they dont its been another waste of 5million

#6 L_Blue

L_Blue

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 22:00

One problem with that theory VDM was injured Davies was just shite tho I would be very happy to be proved wrong.

#7 rowlo-efc

rowlo-efc

Brian Labone - Last of the Corinthians!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 22:30

One problem with that theory VDM was injured Davies was just shite tho I would be very happy to be proved wrong.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that VDM will come back strong and try to prove his doubters wrong - - hopefully.

Davies - not sure what was up with him. I watched the Spurs v Arse game the other day from the 04/05 season and Davies was superb down the right and he didn't cut into the middle like he does for us...so that leads me to believe that the management did not want him to play wide right - could that be Moyes and his negative football? get everyone in the middle and we cant concede (we wont score either!)??!!??!?!?!?!?!!?

AJ great signing - i think 8.6m is a bit steep but we had to pay large to get good players - wigan were matching it for fucks sake!

Oh well...he's ours now - lets hope that he can bang a few goals in for us!

#8 Patto

Patto

Time Will Tell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 20:31

vdm will leave :)

#9 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,187 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 21:57

How do you know?

#10 Ola

Ola

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 07 Jun 2006 - 02:45

vdm will leave :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:blink: why?

#11 Bluetrip

Bluetrip

Dave Watson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 07 Jun 2006 - 09:31

VDM was sayin at the end of the season he felt guilty about not playing all season and he was going to prove to the fans his worth next season. It sounded genuine and I think it's the very least he can do seen as tho we've been paying him 30k a week for a year to sit on his arse. That and the 2M we paid inter.

#12 KillaGTiR

KillaGTiR

Super (MAC)

• Members
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 07 Jun 2006 - 10:49

if he dont do anything this season i will show him the door

#13 GoldfishMemory

GoldfishMemory

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 07 Jun 2006 - 11:01

If he doesnt do anything by January i would show him the door and we would still get the 1mil being talked about for the last few weeks.

#14 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,502 posts

Posted 07 Jun 2006 - 11:05

"If he doesnt do anything by January"

He might have played 2 games by then. Probs get injured in Pre season warm up. :blink: :blink: :D

#15 GoldfishMemory

GoldfishMemory

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 07 Jun 2006 - 11:18

"If he doesnt do anything by January"

He might have played 2 games by then.  Probs get injured in Pre season warm up. :blink:   :blink:   :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its hard to reply without "what if" but in my opinion we have more to gain than we do to loose by keeping him for now.

#16 Fatboyquim

Fatboyquim

FATBOYQUIM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 07 Jun 2006 - 12:00

We should keephim what benifit will we get if we sell him - IM sure we would ge less than we paid for him. He still has a lot to prove in a blue shirt. B)

#17 Guest_fozzie22_*

Guest_fozzie22_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 Jun 2006 - 12:06

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

a full season is a hell of a settling in period

#18 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,187 posts

Posted 07 Jun 2006 - 12:19

Alot of players who have come over to England to play have needed a season or more to settle in, look at Angel at Villa he was shite in his first season then the next he banged in the goals, and last season he was injured and then didnt get played by O'Leary

#19 Guest_fozzie22_*

Guest_fozzie22_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 Jun 2006 - 12:25

Alot of players who have come over to England to play have needed a season or more to settle in, look at Angel at Villa he was shite in his first season then the next he banged in the goals, and last season he was injured and then didnt get played by O'Leary

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah i knew that one would come up,he was injured for most of the season as he has been for the last few,i've played more than him tbh,he's a wastrel.

#20 jacobite

jacobite

Denis Stracqualursi

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 Jun 2006 - 13:45

Give VDM another season Davies needs to get his act together for me, at times he just looked swamped last season.I don`t believe we can afford a clear out tbh, the squad isn`t big enough for that.

#21 Adams

Adams

Everton 4 Ever

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 07 Jun 2006 - 19:41

i think VDM will turn into a class player for Everton

#22 Ola

Ola

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 10 Jun 2006 - 18:12

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:) that would be nice ;)

#23 Guest_fozzie22_*

Guest_fozzie22_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 Jun 2006 - 18:23

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well that depends doesnt it?

1,him staying,
2,him playing more than 7 games a season(his record is against him there)
3,him being good enough to get into the side in the first place

#24 Dunny the Blue

Dunny the Blue

Ian "Dunny" Dunstan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 10 Jun 2006 - 18:34

I hope he stays, i think he will get a first team place if he can stay injury free and match fit. theres only kilbane to play there which is kinda worryin

#25 Adams

Adams

Everton 4 Ever

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 10 Jun 2006 - 19:53

He is leving though. Going back to Italy

#26 blueinvalencia

blueinvalencia

Joe Parkinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 Jun 2006 - 11:28

Interesting news? http://www.nsno.co.u...s.php?item.1810 :huh:

#27 thebluenose

thebluenose

ALEX:Immortal Justice Lead Guitarist and backing Vocalist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 17 Jun 2006 - 11:35

well we all said the same about BT didnt we.

overwieght
shit
injury prone (wont play more than 4 games in a row)
overpaid

im not saying VDM will do the same but we need to give him at least one more chance next season. i agree if he doesnt do anything by january then show him the door. but untill then give the man a break for christ sake at least hes come out and sed he wants to prove himself here. thats a good sign

#28 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,187 posts

Posted 17 Jun 2006 - 11:56

I reckon he does want to leave and has said everything thats been touted about, but i reckon theres been no interest from Italy so hes decided to build bridges with the fans and club so he can stay

#29 Cloud

Cloud

There's Nobody Better Than Mikel Arteta!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 17 Jun 2006 - 12:28

WTF! VDM comes out and says the he wants to stay!

Then we get reports that he wants out?

Now he wants in?

WTF is going on!

#30 irishtoffee

irishtoffee

Mikel Arteta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 Jun 2006 - 13:06

He must have been drunk when he was talking to that Italian newspaper then <_< not an alco, my ass

#31 Guest_fozzie22_*

Guest_fozzie22_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 Jun 2006 - 13:19

VAN DER MEYDE TO STAY A TOFFEE
Everton winger Andy Van Der Meyde will not be leaving the club to join Galatasaray, according to his agent.

Chiel Dekker told The Liverpool Echo that the Dutchman wanted to stay at Goodison Park in order to prove himself to manager David Moyes.

"He's not going to Turkey, absolutely no way," said Dekker. "We are aware of an interest from Galatasaray but Andy wants to stay at Everton and prove himself. He is looking forward to going back for pre-season training."

Van Der Maeyde joioned Everton last summer from Inter Milan but made just seven starts, failing to complete the 90 mionutes once.

View Post

So in other words no bugger made the slack arsed dutchie an offer,so we may be stuck with him,oh well get those calanders out boys and girls,look for haleys comet coming because thats about the same time slackarse will string 3 games together

#32 L_Blue

L_Blue

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 17 Jun 2006 - 13:26

Your comments are always so positive fozz, :D I kinda agree about lazy VDM but just out of curiosity is there anyone who you like and think we didnt pay too much for?

#33 RuffRob

RuffRob

Peter Reid

• Members
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 17 Jun 2006 - 17:10

http://www.evertonfc...p?page_id=10257

To be honest if his head is right and Moyes feels he will fit in the squad I hope he stays.

There is a thread in the rumourama dicussing more signings, and I don't think at the moment anybody can even think of player who may be able to do a job on the left wing. If all us toffeetalker can't even think of a realistic target for that position, then it just goes to show how scarce a half decent left sided player is.

Just look at England, they have been trying to fill that position for years.

With VDM on the books we potentially have a player that could be really useful on that side of the pitch. We did see some glimses of a decent player last year.

If his head was being f*cked up by woman troble - then anybody who has been there will know how hard it is to keep your mind on the job.

I am more than happy for the club to give him chance until January - as I said what else is out there???

#34 Adams

Adams

Everton 4 Ever

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 17 Jun 2006 - 19:20

To be honest im glad hes staying and i hope he will turn into a great player next season

#35 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,187 posts

Posted 17 Jun 2006 - 19:24

To be honest if his head is right and Moyes feels he will fit in the squad I hope he stays.

There is a thread in the rumourama dicussing more signings, and I don't think at the moment anybody can even think of player who may be able to do a job on the left wing. If all us toffeetalker can't even think of a realistic target for that position, then it just goes to show how scarce a half decent left sided player is.

With VDM on the books we potentially have a player that could be really useful on that side of the pitch. We did see some glimses of a decent player last year.

[B]If his head was being f*cked up by woman troble - then anybody who has been there will know how hard it is to keep your mind on the job.[/B]

I am more than happy for the club to give him chance until January - as I said what else is out there???

View Post

Too right!!!

#36 Bluetrip

Bluetrip

Dave Watson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 17 Jun 2006 - 20:25

Assuming the sale speculation was down to the press or his agent (its the only way I can bring myself to support him) a fit VD Meyde will be like a new signing next season. He's still a good prospect and a mile better than Kilbane. I'm interested to see how he plays after a decent pre season.

#37 Guest_fozzie22_*

Guest_fozzie22_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 Jun 2006 - 20:29

If his head was being f*cked up by woman troble - then anybody who has been there will know how hard it is to keep your mind on the job.

View Post

He's had years of injury trouble that wont change wether its mental or not i dont know,but this "we've got a good player here,pre-season will sort him out" argument is getting old,he's a slacker i said it last summer when we signed him and i was proved right.

Time to "pass the dutchie" :D for you old folks out there ;)

#38 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,502 posts

Posted 17 Jun 2006 - 21:07

" on the left hand side " ;)

#39 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,187 posts

Posted 17 Jun 2006 - 21:08

Im totally lost with the direction of this thread :blink: :blink: :blink:

#40 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,502 posts

Posted 17 Jun 2006 - 21:12

secret messages Mark, ask your dad to explain about...................

"pass the dutchie on the left hand side" :lol:

Edited by toffeelicker, 17 Jun 2006 - 21:13.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users