IGNORED

Summer Exodus

I am keeping all fingers and toes crossed for a late surge up the league to the top 6, BUT, we have an awful lot of ground to make up on Spurs and City so if we don't make europe is anyone else worried about the players we will lose in the Summer - Arteta, Cahill, Pienaar, Fellaini and even Jags would be seeking top level footy....???

If they don't make Europe, they've only got themselves to blame. Even considering our injury situation, we've played dismally the first half of this season. If our top players, as you suggest, really do feel entitled to Top Football, then they ought to play it. I'd be sorely disappointed to see an exodus if we miss Europe as I happen to think a bit higher of our top guys.

Teams would have to stump up pretty decent cash for Arteta and Jagielka, will they see enough football from either of them this season to convince them that they (Arteta and Jags) are really recovered from very bad injuries and worth the big money.

To be honest I also think that if this team is lucky with injuries next season and they all pull together, then I can see a season which if like the present one (where all teams are dropping points) we can go for a possible top 4!

Other clubs might well come for our players......even if our players want to go, they better bring big money.

If we can keep them all, then I think rafa could well be beneanth us again, if the forward line keep fit Saha, Vaughan and Anichebe plus the Yak starts scoring again, then Arsenal too could have some competition.

If any players WANT to leave......life goes on!

Even if we qualify for Europe, I still worry about losing Pienaar...he looks like he is recapturing his magic from prior to the injury and the goal on Saturday will make teams like man city, arsenal et al take a bit more notice. I also think that we are reaching the glass ceiling on our wage bill so improved contracts i.e. Saha, will be more and more difficult to negotiate....Also, if ther is an exodus, will Moyes have the motivation to rebuild all over again....

Hopefully, none of this will be an issue after we claw ourselves back into the top 6 and make a final appearance in Europa cup...COYB

I can't see any of them leaving really, We all know were in a false postion. Mainly due to injures. Hopefully we have a good run in the 2nd half of the season an our 80/1 odd of coming 4th will come true :P top 6 is unlikely, 12 points away from it, 15 away from 4th so even more unlikely, However a win against City on sat will be a good start.

I think there's a good chance there'll be no Pienaar or Saha with us next season but I don't see any of the others leaving.

Oh and Romey,im not totally sure,but which clubs are intertested in Pienaar that makes you doubt he will stay with us?

Cause i havnt really heard anything about him leaving,not trying to say your wrong,just want to know who,

cheers mate

cant see it happening to be honest. Peanuts will sign a new contract, so will King Louis (i have a feeling he will want to repay us for giving him the chance to restart his career) and Arteta / Jags wont be attractive to anyone until theyve proven their fitness. I wouldnt mind seeing the back of the Yak but other than that cant see who would leave. If we do try to cash in on someone, it could be Peanuts but more likely in my opinion to be Rodwell.

I think a lot of it hinges on our progression in Europe more than the leauge/ FA Cup. as for 12 points off the pace, thats nothing that we cant handle. This time last year we had just started our run of form too. Others above us (Sunderland, Brimingham etc) will stumble and finish mid-table. Spurs and Villa are the only real threat and im not inculding the Kopites in all this because i still think we will finish above them. Might be the lack of sleep or the fever talking, but im feeling positive!

As Romey says if anyone goes I think it will be Saha or Pienaar because they wont sign a new contract. It would be disappointing to see either of these go but Pienaar would take the most replacing and we cant afford to let him go.

Maybe Billy will come good next year .. He's supposed to have the same abilities as Pienaar.

Id rather have the original there than wait and see if Billy can 'come good'. Nani was meant to be the new Ronaldo but it doesnt look like that is going to happen!

Thats a little hard on Billy. He has played without a break for almost 18 months now (comming from the Russian leauge). He said himself it would take a while for him to adapt to the english game.

From what little I have seen he has a good touch, good passer, creative and good crosser. He looks tired but next season I believe he will be a very good player for us. He wont be Pienaar, he will be a very good player.

I think the players know that if we don't quite make Europe this year....if they stick together we will have a real shot at the top four in 10/11. I hope that might be enough to keep most of our key players at the club.

Please.

My thoughts aswell the only players that are a slight worry are Pienaar and Saha but im sure that we will tie them both to new and improved deals soonish :rolleyes: I know we have a long slug left this season but im really looking forward to next season with a fully fit squad that includes the two above and maybe the odd adition.

If the lads who have been out for the long term capture the same form prior to the injuries we will have some starting 11 with plenty of options on the bench a good group of young lads might sound premature but it's pretty exciting.

My thoughts aswell the only players that are a slight worry are Pienaar and Saha but im sure that we will tie them both to new and improved deals soonish :rolleyes: I know we have a long slug left this season but im really looking forward to next season with a fully fit squad that includes the two above and maybe the odd adition.

If the lads who have been out for the long term capture the same form prior to the injuries we will have some starting 11 with plenty of options on the bench a good group of young lads might sound premature but it's pretty exciting.

My big concern is if we do lose Piennar and Saha who do we replace them with? With our distinct lack of money/ambition I can see us replacing them with the likes of Stephen Hunt and David Nugent

I know some people in here dont appreciate what Peanuts brings to the side but I really do think it would be a massive blow to lose him. We need to keep our best players if we are to have any chance of finishing mid table next season let alone breaking into the top 4

Also if the club are seen to let the likes of Peanuts, Saha and Lescott go(even though I think that was a great bit of business), how long before the likes of Arteta, Jags and Rodwell realise they need to move on if they want to win medals?

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Thats a little hard on Billy. He has played without a break for almost 18 months now (comming from the Russian leauge). He said himself it would take a while for him to adapt to the english game.

From what little I have seen he has a good touch, good passer, creative and good crosser. He looks tired but next season I believe he will be a very good player for us. He wont be Pienaar, he will be a very good player.

Dont get me wrong im not writing Billy off, I think he could have a decent future at the club, its just that I very much doubt he will bring to the team what Pienaar currently does. One of Pienaars best attributes is his movement and Billy at the moment lacks it completely and IMO its one thing you do need to be an attacking player in the Premiership.

My big concern is if we do lose Piennar and Saha who do we replace them with? With our distinct lack of money/ambition I can see us replacing them with the likes of Stephen Hunt and David Nugent

I know some people in here dont appreciate what Peanuts brings to the side but I really do think it would be a massive blow to lose him. We need to keep our best players if we are to have any chance of finishing mid table next season let alone breaking into the top 4

Also if the club are seen to let the likes of Peanuts, Saha and Lescott go(even though I think that was a great bit of business), how long before the likes of Arteta, Jags and Rodwell realise they need to move on if they want to win medals?

Nowt wrong with them players, they would give you an honest shift, and theres lots of teams in the prem that would like them.

I agree that they will not improve us, but with our financial problems they would be the sort of players we could afford, and they are not that bad.

Nowt wrong with them players, they would give you an honest shift, and theres lots of teams in the prem that would like them.

I agree that they will not improve us, but with our financial problems they would be the sort of players we could afford, and they are not that bad.

Wow...I love Your Ambition.

I'm Sorry but there is no way you can compare Peanuts to Hunt..And CERTAINLY no way that you can compare Saha To Nugent :S Yes they would Give honest shifts and what have you, but seriously?

I may sound like a pessimist here but i have accepted that we will loose Saha and Peanuts, Peanuts is waiting till after the World Cup to show what he can do and Saha is looking for a Final Pay day. Hope to God that Moyes can replace them (NOT with Nugent and Hunt!) but we need the quality they bring to the team. We loose them, and were gonna see alot more "Hoofing" at goodison this season.

Peanuts took over a season to come good, an only did after Arteta got injured. Most players take a season to adept to the premership. Hopefully Bily will be up to speed well rested an up for it next season.

As for Peanuts and Saha leaving, i'm not sure. They know what a fully fit Everton squad will be like, makes my body tingle, thinking about it. Arteta back in full swing, with Peanuts and (hopefully) a up to speed Bily. Saha must think about the service he'll get off Arteta,Bily and Peanuts an think 30 goals this season. A defence with Jag's back. The kids another year older. At the moment next season looks great. even the Yak will be back to full fitness(if thats ever possible).

Howard

Neville Jags Yobo Bains

Peanuts Arteta Rodwell Bily

Saha Yak

Bench:Cahill, Vaughan, Fellaini, Heits, distin, Osman, Nash(this guys not worked in 3 years an gets paid monthly, jammy git)

I'm Sorry but there is no way you can compare Peanuts to Hunt..And CERTAINLY no way that you can compare Saha To Nugent :S Yes they would Give honest shifts and what have you, but seriously?

I may sound like a pessimist here but i have accepted that we will loose Saha and Peanuts, Peanuts is waiting till after the World Cup to show what he can do and Saha is looking for a Final Pay day. Hope to God that Moyes can replace them (NOT with Nugent and Hunt!) but we need the quality they bring to the team. We loose them, and were gonna see alot more "Hoofing" at goodison this season.

You need to read my post again, i'm certainly not comparing them to any of our players.

My post was in reply to duncanmac who basicly said they where crap, but given our financial situation, these are the sort of players we would have to be happy with, until we get ourselves a "Sugar Daddy". :)

Peanuts took over a season to come good, an only did after Arteta got injured. Most players take a season to adept to the premership. Hopefully Bily will be up to speed well rested an up for it next season.

As for Peanuts and Saha leaving, i'm not sure. They know what a fully fit Everton squad will be like, makes my body tingle, thinking about it. Arteta back in full swing, with Peanuts and (hopefully) a up to speed Bily. Saha must think about the service he'll get off Arteta,Bily and Peanuts an think 30 goals this season. A defence with Jag's back. The kids another year older. At the moment next season looks great. even the Yak will be back to full fitness(if thats ever possible).

Howard

Neville Jags Yobo Bains

Peanuts Arteta Rodwell Bily

Saha Yak

Bench:Cahill, Vaughan, Fellaini, Heits, distin, Osman, Nash(this guys not worked in 3 years an gets paid monthly, jammy git)

Yobo switched for Heitinga, and Rodwell for Fellaini. Now that's a side who could beat anyone.

You need to read my post again, i'm certainly not comparing them to any of our players.

My post was in reply to duncanmac who basicly said they where crap, but given our financial situation, these are the sort of players we would have to be happy with, until we get ourselves a "Sugar Daddy". :)

I never said that at all.

I think you missed my point completely I was saying that if we lost quality players like Piennar & Saha that given our lack of money/ambition we would probably only be able to afford the likes of Nugent and Hunt to replace them and IMO that would definately be a step backwards

I was not slagging either player, they are both honest grafters and as you say a lot of Premiership sides would like them but none of the Premiership sides harbouring thoughts of challenging the top 4 would touch them and if we start letting our best players go and replace them with that calibre of player then there is only one direction the club will go in and it doesnt involve European football!

I love your shortsightedness he said thats the type of player we could afford if the other two went and to be honest we would struggle to buy even that calibre of player in todays world.

Also lend us your magic ball so i can see what my missus is going to buy me for my birthday next month as you have some way of knowing what the crack is not to sound harsh but some people need to pull their heads out of their arses and realise we have not got a pot to piss in and for us to have ambition as fans the club needs to do so first which boils down to money which we do not have unless as Bill says we get a sugar daddy.

Edited by EFC-Paul