IGNORED

Jan Mucha

Lowensda

No idea if he's any good (suspect he might be :P ) but it gives us another team to follow in the World Cup :) .

End of Nash (at least he fulfilled his dream and played for us, even if it was only once) and probably one of Turner and Ruddy. I'd like to see Ruddy stay personally.

• 1 month later...

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/association=pol/news/newsid=1457549.html

I wonder if he'll still be as happy to have joined us when he realises he won't play?

Surely Moyes would have told him though he'll start off as #2 to Howard?

He does sound promising though, perhaps we'll see him in goal more often than we did with Nash (assuming he leaves).

Reading that he sounds like a genuine nice guy.

It's just strange that he's coming, after he's had those "staggering" offers from around the world that he'd come to sit there as 2nd choice goal keeper, unless there's something we don't know about Howard?

Am I the only one finding this a non story?

Moyes doesnt seem to care much for the NO.2 spot, under him we have never really had a solid no.2 (and that's inc. Tricky Dicky haha)

It seems to me that if hes half decent then thats all that matters, which isnt neccasary a bad thing, Howard is a fine keeper.

I don't think Ruddy and Turner will ever have the day sadly, I think one of them deserved a crack at it, even if it is as understudy to Howard.

(You watch Mucha will end up being the new Buffon :lol:

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/association=pol/news/newsid=1457549.html

I wonder if he'll still be as happy to have joined us when he realises he won't play?

Surely Moyes would have told him though he'll start off as #2 to Howard?

Reading that he sounds like a genuine nice guy.

It's just strange that he's coming, after he's had those "staggering" offers from around the world that he'd come to sit there as 2nd choice goal keeper, unless there's something we don't know about Howard?

Am I the only one finding this a non story?

Moyes doesnt seem to care much for the NO.2 spot, under him we have never really had a solid no.2 (and that's inc. Tricky Dicky haha)

Love the way everyone is presuming that he's going to come in as the 'No2'...who says he's not coming in for a first team spot? This guy is meant to be pretty decent, and highly rated, what if Moyes see's him as the new number 1?

It might take time admittedly but we all know Howard is uncapable at commanding his box, so maybe Moyes is looking for a better keeper? (Prepares for the bonbardment)

He maybe coming in as an 'initial' No2 with the view to knock Howard off!

Moyes is trying to build competition in a spot where there is no competition. What makes players better is competition in practice. Howard has none. He know's he's the best in trainging all we have is Nash and Turner. So you bring another good keeper in put him in some games see how he does there and in training and let the two compete against each other. Howard is my favorite player. He's the reason I found everton and became a fan. But he's starting to get on in age and he needs someone to push him.

Another bit of unusual dealing from Everton, and another smack in the face for Turner and Ruddy.

God knows why EFC have this obsession with goalkeepers, not a season goes by that we dont bring in another keeper.

If i was Ruddy or Turner my transfer request would be in the post today, i would have wasted 5 years of my career here waiting for the chance to step up into the squad.

I would be quite happy to sit on the bench and get a bit of recognition, but they keep bringing in old has beens who never play anyway. Why. ??

Mucha's not an old has been hes 27 and starts at the international level with slovakia

Yeah i know he isnt, but Im talking about Nash and the one before him.

Even so its the same principle, why go out and buy a pound of Apples if you already have an Orchard.

IMO Turner is crap and I dont really rate him from the times I have seen him (admittedly not too often) and Ruddy has looked half decent and has looked very promising in Scotland but he is only around the 23 mark.

My view would be to sell Turner and keep loaning Ruddy out for 1st team experience until someone makes a good offer or he is good enough for the 1st team. Goalkeepers mature much later than outfield players but they do need the 1st hand experience playing competitive matches. He would be in a much worse position if we kept him at the club to sit on the bench every week and play maybe 3/4 games a season.

My view would be to sell Turner and keep loaning Ruddy out for 1st team experience until someone makes a good offer or he is good enough for the 1st team. Goalkeepers mature much later than outfield players but they do need the 1st hand experience playing competitive matches. He would be in a much worse position if we kept him at the club to sit on the bench every week and play maybe 3/4 games a season.

I'd go along with that. We need a quality back-up to Tim and if DM (presumably with input from Chris Woods) thinks that neither Turner or Ruddy are up to it yet then we need someone else. Nash will be thirty-eight next season and is not brilliant anyway so if we can get a young full international on a free then great.

Another bit of unusual dealing from Everton, and another smack in the face for Turner and Ruddy.

God knows why EFC have this obsession with goalkeepers, not a season goes by that we dont bring in another keeper.

If i was Ruddy or Turner my transfer request would be in the post today, i would have wasted 5 years of my career here waiting for the chance to step up into the squad.

I would be quite happy to sit on the bench and get a bit of recognition, but they keep bringing in old has beens who never play anyway. Why. ??

Because neither Turner nor Ruddy are good enough

Because neither Turner nor Ruddy are good enough

What not good enough to sit on the bench :blink:, how many League games has Nash played, or the fella we had last season, think they've only played a couple of League Cup games between them in two years.

Christ mate i'm good enough to sit on the bench, cos they wont play anyway.

What not good enough to sit on the bench :blink:, how many League games has Nash played, or the fella we had last season, think they've only played a couple of League Cup games between them in two years.

Only because we've been lucky in that Tim's not been injured.

"Only because we've been lucky in that Tim's not been injured".

---

That goes for all the players Cahill, Arteta, Jagielka, and Fellaini, have all been hurt long term, but we get on with it and others are able to step in.

What do we do, buy cover for Rodwell, Coleman, and Gosling, because they are not as good as the 1st team men in possesion.

If its only a game or two theres no problem, Ruddy or Turner are quite capable keepers.

If its going to be long term then you think about bringing in another keeper, but there is no sense in having two top keepers when you can only play one.

He might be on a free I'm not sure, but we will still be paying him 10, 20, 30 thousand pounds a week to sit where Ruddy or Turner can sit. IMO.

Christ mate i'm good enough to sit on the bench, cos they wont play anyway.

Im not sure I follow your logic, if indeed there is any. Are you asking what is the point of having quality on the bench?

I would have thought the answer to that was self explanatory, and what happens if Howard breaks a leg or something ? Would you be happy to have either Ruddy or Turner in the side for any length of time? It would be to late to start rummaging around for a decent keeper once Howard was injured

If we follow your logic we could just get rid of all the other keepers and save a few bob on wages because they wont play anyway!

Oh and by the way he is on a free

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic