http://www.evertonfc...seyside-arrival

#43 Blue Boy

Blue Boy

Wayne Rooney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 16:52

Good bit of business if you ask me. Haven't seen anything of him yet but I'm sure we'll get the chance at the world cup.

Quality competition can only be a good thing all over the pitch.

#44 TC.

TC.

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 07 Jun 2010 - 12:40

http://www.evertonfc...historic-summer

Sounds like he's still excited to come here so good on him.

One question, does anybody know if he speaks English? Can be a bit of a problem if your keeper doesn't speak the same language as your defenders e.g. Gomes at Tottenham in his first season.

#45 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,198 posts

Posted 07 Jun 2010 - 14:04

It's not likely to matter, he'll probably never play.

#46 Sgt Pepper

Sgt Pepper

Beaver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 07 Jun 2010 - 15:42

It's not likely to matter, he'll probably never play.

He might if he could prove himself in the world cup, Moyes would probably be watching.

#47 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,198 posts

Posted 07 Jun 2010 - 16:39

He might if he could prove himself in the world cup, Moyes would probably be watching.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

#48 Blue Boy

Blue Boy

Wayne Rooney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 07 Jun 2010 - 17:50

He'll definitly be kept busy.

#49 Legia

Legia

Denis Stracqualursi

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 Jun 2010 - 21:32

I think you'll be surprised with what this keeper has to offer. Its an excellent signing imo, he is the product of the trainer that taught Fabianski and Boruc, but without the so called "Polish fumble syndrome". His handling of the ball is excellent, 1 vs 1 is nearly legendary here and he has an exceptionally powerful kick. He performs very well under pressure and basically carried my whole dead-beat team on his back by himself through the season. His biggest asset however is his willingness to better himself and work hard to achieve set goals, I have nothing but good things to say about him. btw. yes Im a Polak and yes our league is nothing compared to yours, but to me he is a sure shot. You'll see him in first 11 soon enough, mark my words. That said - go Everton! He's ecstatic to be playing for you guys.

#50 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,463 posts

Posted 07 Jun 2010 - 21:50

I think you'll be surprised with what this keeper has to offer. Its an excellent signing imo, he is the product of the trainer that taught Fabianski and Boruc, but without the so called "Polish fumble syndrome". His handling of the ball is excellent, 1 vs 1 is nearly legendary here and he has an exceptionally powerful kick. He performs very well under pressure and basically carried my whole dead-beat team on his back by himself through the season. His biggest asset however is his willingness to better himself and work hard to achieve set goals, I have nothing but good things to say about him. btw. yes Im a Polak and yes our league is nothing compared to yours, but to me he is a sure shot. You'll see him in first 11 soon enough, mark my words. That said - go Everton! He's ecstatic to be playing for you guys.

Thanks for that :) .

#51 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,198 posts

Posted 08 Jun 2010 - 08:06

I'm not saying he's a bad keeper, I just don't see Moyes dropping Howard to give Mucha a go.

#52 marcopaulo

marcopaulo

marcopaulo - pun lover

• Members
  • 13,687 posts

Posted 08 Jun 2010 - 10:59

if he likes to better himself then that's great we need someone to push howard! will be nice to have an experienced international keeper as a back-up/competition!

#53 Lowensda

Lowensda

A force to be reckoned with, I reckon

• Members
  • 14,821 posts

Posted 08 Jun 2010 - 11:33

Honestly im really pleased bout this signing, he sounds a good guy aswel, very amitious and talented. I can't wait to see him given a go, who knows!? He might be able to command his box, english or not :lol:

#54 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,463 posts

Posted 08 Jun 2010 - 12:58

I'm not saying he's a bad keeper, I just don't see Moyes dropping Howard to give Mucha a go.

So you're saying there's not mucha va chance of it happening :P .

TAXI!

#55 Lowensda

Lowensda

• Members
  • 14,821 posts

Posted 08 Jun 2010 - 13:33

TAXI!

Oh lord....however i did laugh out loud.

#56 Legia

Legia

Denis Stracqualursi

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 Jun 2010 - 13:40

Fair enough. Can't say I've got giant knowledge about Everton so I'll leave that to your judgment. Mucha's a bit younger so he has time to prove his worth.

Some additional info if anybody cares: He sat on the bench for a year when Fabiański was goalie in Legia until he moved to Arsenal in '07. He was no-ones favorite, but proved his worth. Kept a clean sheet for 634 minutes in 07-08 and appeared in all the games last season. Him about moving to Everton: "I am an ambitious guy and I always said that I love English football and English weather. Despite my affection for Premiership I rejected the first offer made by Everton. After proving my worth with Arka (our defense last season was basically non-existent and it was up to him to save our skin) they came back with an offer I just couldn't refuse. I'm interested in playing proper football, offers from Spain, Italy and France are all good, but secondary when it comes to fulfilling my dream by playing in England." He was picked footballer of the year with 70% of votes. Other English clubs that were interested in him: Wigan, Sunderland, Tottenham, Arsenal and Stoke. I saw Arsenal's scouts myself on a number of occasions. I'm glad he's moving to Everton though, I hope you guys will greet him warmly on Goodison Park.

He really should pay me for this good pr, but he doesn't :(

#57 Lowensda

Lowensda

• Members
  • 14,821 posts

Posted 08 Jun 2010 - 14:17

Fair enough. Can't say I've got giant knowledge about Everton so I'll leave that to your judgment. Mucha's a bit younger so he has time to prove his worth.

Some additional info if anybody cares: He sat on the bench for a year when Fabiański was goalie in Legia until he moved to Arsenal in '07. He was no-ones favorite, but proved his worth. Kept a clean sheet for 634 minutes in 07-08 and appeared in all the games last season. Him about moving to Everton: "I am an ambitious guy and I always said that I love English football and English weather. Despite my affection for Premiership I rejected the first offer made by Everton. After proving my worth with Arka (our defense last season was basically non-existent and it was up to him to save our skin) they came back with an offer I just couldn't refuse. I'm interested in playing proper football, offers from Spain, Italy and France are all good, but secondary when it comes to fulfilling my dream by playing in England." He was picked footballer of the year with 70% of votes. Other English clubs that were interested in him: Wigan, Sunderland, Tottenham, Arsenal and Stoke. I saw Arsenal's scouts myself on a number of occasions. I'm glad he's moving to Everton though, I hope you guys will greet him warmly on Goodison Park.

He really should pay me for this good pr, but he doesn't :(

Legia, i trust your judgement mate and i'm looking forward to watching him first hand in the W.cup. He will get a warm welcome, don't worry, all new players do! Ive only seen videos after we were linked with him and he doesn't do too bad but to get over 70% of the league votes is impressive and more so for a GK! So we shall see :)

#58 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,198 posts

Posted 08 Jun 2010 - 14:18

TAXI!

I thought you were better than that! :P

#59 marcopaulo

marcopaulo

marcopaulo - pun lover

• Members
  • 13,687 posts

Posted 08 Jun 2010 - 17:44

TAXI!

i laughed :lol:

#60 Wall Writer

Wall Writer

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 08 Jun 2010 - 22:36

(Has anyone actually seen Taxi lately!!???)

Whether he gets in the first team or not is irrelevant to some extent.. the most important thing is that T-How is pushed for his position (as much and as well as all the other players/positions are).. as it only makes them better. If he does manage to break into the first team, great!.. if he manages to make T-How better, great!... it's only if he does neither, or is so bad that T-H 'disproves' (sorry, little bit drunk and can't think of the opposite to 'improve'), that we can say he's a failure. I, for one though, am a bit excited about this signing, I'm hoping he's gonna push a little bit harder than our recent keeper signings have (Nash, etc).

#61 Kohen

Kohen

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 08 Jun 2010 - 23:29

"T-How" said somewhere in an interview that he thought it was a positive move bringing him here, for the exact reason you said, to push him and have competition for places.

#62 Kohen

Kohen

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 08 Jun 2010 - 23:31

'disproves' (sorry, little bit drunk and can't think of the opposite to 'improve')

damage, decline, decrease, diminish,injure, weaken, worsen? ;)

Edited by Kohen, 08 Jun 2010 - 23:32.

#63 inertia8

inertia8

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 09 Jun 2010 - 00:54

I'm hoping he does push T-How to improve... and will be watching him at the WC. Rather bemused that Everton got in so early to sign someone tbh.

#64 CraccerC

CraccerC

Simão Sabrosa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 09 Jun 2010 - 05:45

can we please nip this T-How shite in the bud please. we are not american, and if you infact are...still...sort your life out

#65 marcopaulo

marcopaulo

marcopaulo - pun lover

• Members
  • 13,687 posts

Posted 09 Jun 2010 - 13:56

what the fuck is t-how all about?

that's t-how we pronounce how round my way

Edited by marcopaulo, 09 Jun 2010 - 13:56.

#66 inertia8

inertia8

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 09 Jun 2010 - 15:43

I thought he bloody well signed his autograph T-How?!?

#67 chicagoblue

chicagoblue

Bubbles

• Members
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 01 Jul 2010 - 15:43

Anyone else watch him in the World Cup? I thought apart from the ball he tried to claim and missed against the Dutch he actually looked very good. Commanding and coming for things whenever possible. I think Howard will have a real test this year. Shame we're not in Europe so we could really use him, but I'm almost positive he'll be starting our cup games.

#68 holystove

holystove

Art Vandelay

• Members
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 01 Jul 2010 - 15:55

Anyone else watch him in the World Cup? I thought apart from the ball he tried to claim and missed against the Dutch he actually looked very good. Commanding and coming for things whenever possible. I think Howard will have a real test this year. Shame we're not in Europe so we could really use him, but I'm almost positive he'll be starting our cup games.

He's a decent GK but imo he didn't look good on both goals against the Dutch. When I read he was the best GK in Poland I expected him to be challenging for the starting GK spot, but going on the couple of games at the WC Howard is much better.

Good backup, but nothing more.

#69 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,198 posts

Posted 01 Jul 2010 - 17:07

I don't see him pushing Howard one bit tbh - makes a few good saves but he's got at least one howler in him per game.

#70 Blue Boy

Blue Boy

Wayne Rooney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 01 Jul 2010 - 17:44

I thought he was shit at the world cup to be honest. Made a few good saves but didn't do the simple things very well at all & didn't give me any confidence.

#71 aaron

aaron

Everton Aren't We

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,102 posts

Posted 03 Jul 2010 - 12:41

Only thing is he lashed out against an Italian player in the world cup, lets just hope IF he ever plays for us he doesnt do that and have us down to 10 men.

#72 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 03 Jul 2010 - 13:51

...but...is he better than Carlo Nash? That's who he has been brought in to replace.

#73 Louis

Louis

Dixie Dean

• Admin
  • 13,611 posts

Posted 06 Jul 2010 - 23:49

Ruddy possibly!

#74 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,198 posts

Posted 07 Jul 2010 - 08:40

...but...is he better than Carlo Nash? That's who he has been brought in to replace.

We still have Carlo Nash, strangely.

#75 Bulletproof Tiger

Bulletproof Tiger

Bulletproof Toffee

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 Jul 2010 - 20:41

At least we've got good cover if Howard gets injured. But i don't any of them are in Tim's league.

#76 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,198 posts

Posted 07 Feb 2011 - 18:00

http://www.skysports...6736954,00.html

He's wasted a year of his career here. I could have told him it'd have been a waste of his time before he signed.

#77 Matt

Matt

United we stand, divided we fall...

• Cyber Steward
  • 29,186 posts

Posted 07 Feb 2011 - 18:04

should get a few bob for him though, right?

#78 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,463 posts

Posted 07 Feb 2011 - 18:12

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6736954,00.html

I could have told him it'd have been a waste of his time before he signed.

You couldn't have guaranteed it though Mark. It's a calculated gamble for a keeper to go to a club with an established number one, he's only likely to get an opportunity due to injury or a serious loss of form.

Got to give it a go in his place though surely? Number one in Poland or the chance to play in the premier league? No brainer.

#79 Ian C

Ian C

100% Guaranteed Irish

• Members
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 07 Feb 2011 - 20:53

He's an international goal keeper anyway, he'll always be able to find a club. Especially when he's only 28.

Premier League experience can only have helped him too - the amount of homework the GKs do on the opposition strikers is nuts.

#80 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,504 posts

Posted 08 Feb 2011 - 09:41

He's an international goal keeper anyway, he'll always be able to find a club. Especially when he's only 28.

Premier League experience can only have helped him too - the amount of homework the GKs do on the opposition strikers is nuts.

2 Carling cup games, what premier league experience was that Ian. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users