101 replies to this topic

#81 craigb

craigb

King Louis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 08 Feb 2011 - 10:02

2 Carling cup games, what premier league experience was that Ian. ;)

I Just think he means what they do behind the scenes Bill at premier league clubs.

In regards to this, he is Slovakias Number 1 in the last world cup, if he doesnt play at all, he won't even be thought of in future tournaments for them... I thought it was strange getting an internation number 1, seeing as though Moyes hardly ever drops Howard.

#82 Memmaclub

Memmaclub

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 08 Feb 2011 - 14:49

sell him at a profit like lucas neil keeps Bill in jumpers

#83 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,465 posts

Posted 08 Feb 2011 - 15:40

....keeps Bill in jumpers

I was kind of hoping these stupid throwaway comments would stop after the chief exec pointed out (not for the first time I don't think)...

"...there are many club directors out there who pay themselves generous salaries and enjoy plenty of perks. Ours don't, not a penny in any salaries or expenses..."

Too much to hope for I guess. The myths and lies are too deeply engrained for the truth to seep in.

Or maybe Elstone's lying?

#84 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,198 posts

Posted 08 Feb 2011 - 15:41

And why should any of them get a salary when they don't put a penny into the club?

#85 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,465 posts

Posted 08 Feb 2011 - 15:42

And why should any of them get a salary when they don't put a penny into the club?

I didn't say they should :) .

#86 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,198 posts

Posted 08 Feb 2011 - 15:44

I didn't say they should :) .

It wasn't really aimed at you, Mike, more at Elstone. He acts like it's this something we should be grateful about, but our board of directors are a piss take.

#87 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,465 posts

Posted 08 Feb 2011 - 15:48

It wasn't really aimed at you, Mike, more at Elstone. He acts like it's this something we should be grateful about, but our board of directors are a piss take.

That's a completely valid opinion....said it before (453 times-ish) just wish people would stop with the fantasy. There are enough real problems; inventing and perpetuating pretend new ones and conspiracy theories is just unhelpful.

#88 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,198 posts

Posted 08 Feb 2011 - 15:57

That's a completely valid opinion....said it before (453 times-ish) just wish people would stop with the fantasy. There are enough real problems; inventing and perpetuating pretend new ones and conspiracy theories is just unhelpful.

Agreed.

I don't think for a second that Kenwright or the board are lining their own pockets or anything like that, it's ridiculous of any one to suggest it.

#89 GoodisonRoad

GoodisonRoad

Peter Reid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 08 Oct 2012 - 14:26

http://www.evertonfc...-calls-it-quits

Retired from International football...bet they're gutted

#90 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,465 posts

Posted 08 Oct 2012 - 14:32

To concentrate on his Everton career presumablyPosted Image .

#91 c1982

c1982

COYB!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,390 posts

Posted 08 Oct 2012 - 14:37

To concentrate on his Everton career presumablyPosted Image .

Better news than Pienaar's anouncement last week! Posted Image

#92 Avinalaff

Avinalaff

The Eternal Optimist

• Members
  • 7,794 posts

Posted 08 Oct 2012 - 15:31

I don't get why fans are so hard on Mucha. Maybe Joe Hart will come and sit on our bench and play the odd cup game?

#93 duncanmckenzieismagic

duncanmckenzieismagic

Howard Kendall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,608 posts

Posted 08 Oct 2012 - 17:25

Just wish it was club football he was retiring from

#94 Dalziel Kane

Dalziel Kane

undecided

• Members
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 08 Oct 2012 - 22:21

Should never have started in that cup game at Elland Road two weeks ago, Howard was available for selection wasn't he? and Moyes went ahead and left out our regular goalkeeper in favor of Mucha. Took a chance maybe and I'm not saying our elimination was a direct result of that but I wouldn't have played a second choice 'keeper that night.

#95 Avinalaff

Avinalaff

The Eternal Optimist

• Members
  • 7,794 posts

Posted 09 Oct 2012 - 07:32

Should never have started in that cup game at Elland Road two weeks ago, Howard was available for selection wasn't he? and Moyes went ahead and left out our regular goalkeeper in favor of Mucha. Took a chance maybe and I'm not saying our elimination was a direct result of that but I wouldn't have played a second choice 'keeper that night.

Howard has made his fair share of clangers over the years, so let's not pretend he is Mr Perfect.

We have a squad. If we don't utilise it we won't have one for very long.

#96 GoodisonRoad

GoodisonRoad

Peter Reid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 09 Oct 2012 - 08:05

I don't think he did too much wrong against Leeds tbh. He made a good save at 1-0 to keep us in it, and couldn't have done anything about the goals really. And Av I know we don't expect "joe hart" to come and warm the bench for us, all we ask is someone to come in and look like they could push Howard, Mucha has had his opportunities, and he hasn't been good enough.

#97 Lowensda

Lowensda

A force to be reckoned with, I reckon

• Members
  • 14,821 posts

Posted 09 Oct 2012 - 08:20

What GR said.

#98 duncanmckenzieismagic

duncanmckenzieismagic

Howard Kendall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,608 posts

Posted 10 Oct 2012 - 21:29

Howard has made his fair share of clangers over the years, so let's not pretend he is Mr Perfect.

Thats all good and well, however if we want to win a trophy then we have to put out a decent side

I paid good money to stand in the rain and watch that shambolic performance so if 5000 Evertonians can take the competition seriously why cant the club?

#99 Dalziel Kane

Dalziel Kane

undecided

• Members
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 10 Oct 2012 - 22:49

To the above again, and as the League Cup represented only one of two possible ways we could have won anything this season, Moyes really should have started with our first choice in goal. No disrespect to Mucha, but I would have wanted Howard to have started that night, I'm not saying just one man could have made a difference, and a number of players didn't really perform on the night, but if we're really intent on finally ending the trophy drought Moyes should start with his strongest XI available, especially at a venue as awkward as Elland Road, and let's be honest, abysmal record going back as far as anyone can remember, even if they are in a lower league now. They got a very winnable 'draw' in the next rounds too, and I was thinking that could have been us, and one or two steps nearer to an actual trophy finally won again. It does appear sometimes that Moyes doesn't seem to care too much about progress in Cup tournaments sometimes. Apart from the FA cup final three years ago for the most part, most of his adulation and recognition does focus on league accomplishments after all.

#100 Bluenose123

Bluenose123

Anders Limpar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 Oct 2012 - 14:50

Yes, Howard has made his fair share of clangers over the years but he should have played him in nets against Leeds. I watched the game and didn't see Mucha once try and organize the team like Howard does. When Leeds scored in the 4th minute against us Howard would have shouted at the defence and get them organized. Mucha just took it, gave the ball back and didn't say a word. What I can remember anyway. It's the presence in the box that Mucha is missing, his overall goalkeeping quality is top notch. :)

#101 Lowensda

Lowensda

A force to be reckoned with, I reckon

• Members
  • 14,821 posts

Posted 11 Oct 2012 - 15:08

his overall goalkeeping quality is top notch. Posted Image

Questionable.

#102 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,198 posts

Posted 11 Oct 2012 - 15:32

Questionable.

That's being kind. He makes me want to investigate purchasing adult nappies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users