IGNORED

Lack Of Game Time For Coleman

ustoffee22

Because whilst he's shown glimpses of his quality, it's unwise to throw youngsters in the big occasion every week. Moyes instead will ease him in, and overall that will be good for his game in the future. He'll probably end up a regular starter at Everton within a year or two.

Because whilst he's shown glimpses of his quality, it's unwise to throw youngsters in the big occasion every week. Moyes instead will ease him in, and overall that will be good for his game in the future. He'll probably end up a regular starter at Everton within a year or two.

Halleluiah the voice of reason!

I think he should get more game time. Not starting every week, but when we play in a game where we need more going forward (like today) then he should get a shout.

Neville may be a great organiser and leader and thats great defensively but he is marginally better than Hibbert going forward. While there may be questions of Colemans defending there are certainly no questions about how productive he can be at the other end.

There has to be no other option for Moyes to play youngsters. All this crap about youth getting a chance at Everton is just that; crap. Moyes will play senior players who are totally out of form ahead of hungry youngsters, Moyes will play senior players out of position before he'll consider playing a youngster. It does my head in.

There has to be no other option for Moyes to play youngsters. All this crap about youth getting a chance at Everton is just that; crap. Moyes will play senior players who are totally out of form ahead of hungry youngsters, Moyes will play senior players out of position before he'll consider playing a youngster. It does my head in.

;)

Rooney,Rodwell, Vaughan, Anichebe, Coleman, Duffy, Osman,Hibbert, Baxter, Wallace, Fellaini, Jo, Gosling, Fernandes, no your right Moyse just point blank refuses to give youngsters a go!

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

;)

Rooney,Rodwell, Vaughan, Anichebe, Coleman, Duffy, Osman,Hibbert, Baxter, Wallace, Fellaini, Jo, Gosling, Fernandes, no your right Moyse just point blank refuses to give youngsters a go!

Read my post again.

The majority of the time he will only give them a go if there is no other option. Rodwell wouldn't have had the amount of games he had if Moyes had any other player he could have played there.

Christ, Duffy doesn't even get ahead of Hibbert and Neville to play. Hence what I said in my first post in that he'll play players totally out of position rather than play youngsters.

It does my head in because some of these youngsters, i.e. Duffy, Coleman, Vaughan, are so much better than the odd minute here or there. They would play out of their skins and probably show up a few of our senior players, especially recently.

Completely agree dude. As mentioned later there were times that Duffy could have had a look in when we had like 1 CB? Coleman could have started more, but Hibbert was fit (irrelevant on form) ;) If i remember rightly Rooney was our only striking subsitute in 'that' game against Arsenal and Radzinski was hobbling so was brought on in 'last option' circumstances.

I dont think Moyes trusts youth enough but at the same time i think he's protecting them, similar to what TC said, too much, too early can have a negative affect especially if they make a mistake or put a poor shift in, the crowd will get on their back and pressure could mount. Coleman was lucky, people were sympathetic for him in Lisbon but he came out strong in the following game.

;)

Dunc, the ones highlighted were bought in as First teamers because they were already good enough or better than what we had. SO those i disagree with but i understand what you mean with the others.

Read my post again.

The majority of the time he will only give them a go if there is no other option. Rodwell wouldn't have had the amount of games he had if Moyes had any other player he could have played there.

Christ, Duffy doesn't even get ahead of Hibbert and Neville to play. Hence what I said in my first post in that he'll play players totally out of position rather than play youngsters.

It does my head in because some of these youngsters, i.e. Duffy, Coleman, Vaughan, are so much better than the odd minute here or there. They would play out of their skins and probably show up a few of our senior players, especially recently.

You are right in what you say but what Moyes does say is that youngsters will get a chance because we dont have a very big squad. He doesnt say you will get a chance if you do well in training etc, he is basically saying because we cant afford enough decent players we will buy you on the cheap and if there happens to be major injury crisis in your position, you might get a game as long as its a position Neville, Osman, Cahill or Hibbert cant play...

Read my post again.

I dont need to I got your point the first time and I still disagree with you.

Moyse has proved that if a player is good enough then he will play him. Rooney was a regular, Hibbert and Osman are regulars Anichebe has had plenty of games Rodwell got plenty of games last season when we had a fully fit squad

Moyes see the players every day in training and if he feels that they are not quite ready then I am inclined to beleive him

Some Everton fans are extremely fickle and turn on our own players very quickly especially lads who have come through the ranks so I think Moyse is right to protect them

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Osman and Hibbert are both 28, they're not youngsters any more (they didn't make their debuts until they were 21 anyway, Osman was on loan at Carlisle to get him experience at 20). Rooney made his debut out of necessity too, I remember Walter Smith wanting to play him but couldn't because he was still a schoolboy.

It's different throwing an attacking player in anyway - more pressure on defensive players. I think it's one of the reasons Rodwell plays in midfield, it's said he'll move back into defence when he's older.