IGNORED

Everton Bid For Lescott Accepted

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wolves fan here.

Lescott is a superb player. I'd rate him above Curtis Davies, Michael Dawson and the donkey that is Robert Huth (why everyone harps on about Huth really baffles me).

Lescott is superb on the ball. Excellent at reading the game and scores the odd goal too. Shame the season we went up he didn't feature due to injury.

You have bought a fine player. good luck for next season, you won't be dissapointed!

nice to hear that mate

ive heard nothing but good things about the lad, lets hope he does the job :)

Wolves fan here.

Lescott is a superb player. I'd rate him above Curtis Davies, Michael Dawson and the donkey that is Robert Huth (why everyone harps on about Huth really baffles me).

Lescott is superb on the ball. Excellent at reading the game and scores the odd goal too. Shame the season we went up he didn't feature due to injury.

You have bought a fine player. good luck for next season, you won't be dissapointed!

thanks for the info , has he got any speed or is he a big strong centre half -hopefully both?

Im not on about huth? we could go for anyone? But Lescott to me, i'm not confident on him?

Moyes has watched him several times and I've seen him play for the last few years. Belive me, you have nothing to worry about. Tottenham, west Brom took gambles with Championship players and look where it's got them.

I know I'm biased, but in my opinion (and several other Wolves fans) he is a better player than Davies and Dawson.

If Lescott had played in our Premiership season then I'm sure the fee you would be looking at would double.

You have yourselves a bargain.

Enjoy!

No what i can't work out is if the deal is £5.5m how much will we pay up front.

Isn't it only 50%. Sure someone said that when we was on about the AJ deal. Can't remember who it was now!!!! :D

If so its only 2.5-3m on top of the 2.5-3m for AJ. So that is only £5m max we spent so far so still got money left to spend

Highly delighted with this when and if it comes off.

I have seen the boy play one or two games and he is a bloody bargain for what we are rumoured to be paying for him.

On a completely different note, I love the way some Palace and a Wolves have come on and commented in a very positive way, respect to you all who have taken the time and trouble to do that. I feel that reflects on us as a forum, for decent thinking Everton fans.

ATB

Mac

I have seen the boy play one or two games and he is a bloody bargain for what we are rumoured to be paying for him.

On a completely different note, I love the way some Palace and a Wolves have come on and commented in a very positive way, respect to you all who have taken the time and trouble to do that. I feel that reflects on us as a forum, for decent thinking Everton fans.ATB

Mac

Agree with you there, their fans seem like good ones to take the time to come and congratulate us on taking their best players becauyse they know the players have made good choices

On a completely different note, I love the way some Palace and a Wolves have come on and commented in a very positive way, respect to you all who have taken the time and trouble to do that. I feel that reflects on us as a forum, for decent thinking Everton fans.

ATB

Mac

No worries,

The guy has been our best player if not better since Robbie Keane. As much as I'd like him to stay with Wolves and play for Wolves in the Premiership (don't laugh), I'm going to look forward to watching him on Sky playing for you guys. You have landed a future England player IMHO.

Seems like your board are making the right moves anyway!

Have a good season and see you there next year!

No worries,

The guy has been our best player if not better since Robbie Keane. As much as I'd like him to stay with Wolves and play for Wolves in the Premiership (don't laugh), I'm going to look forward to watching him on Sky playing for you guys. You have landed a future England player IMHO.

Cheers for that agin mate! Good luck next season for wolves? may you can get inot the Play offs and Join us in the Prem?

No worries,

Myself and T (good lady wife) wish you well for next season mate, but you have got to get rid of the God-botherer, I liked it when you had Big Davy Jones.

ATB

Mac

Following the play-off final in 2003 Joleon underwent surgery to both of his knees, which sadly ruled him out of the entire season when Wolves were in the Premier League.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joleon_Lescott

just looked him up. he's highly regarded and considered an england prospect. but are the knees up to the rigours of the premiership?

presumably his medical would be thorough! lets hope he works out ok!

Alright fellas!

Thought Id see what you Evertonians thought of getting our Jo and thought I'd clear up some questions that seem to pop up. Also wondering why the transfer hasnt been confirmed.

His hairline is a bit fooked up from a car accident when he was a youngster.

Also a few of you seem worried about his knees, I wouldn't be too bothered though - they weren't damaged during football. He was kneecapped for getting a bit too friendly with a gangsta's wife! - no im not joking! It was thought he'd never recover but he came back the season we got relegated and was exceptional, consistently brilliant! No knee problems or injuries to speak of since.

This season he's been indifferent. Sometimes a collosus, sometimes prone to mistakes. When I've watched him i've got the impression he's in a comfort zone and needs to step it up a level. He's a tremendoes talent and if he fulfills his potential could be one of the best centre halves in the premiership. We'll miss the guy desperately next season, Im almost certain if we'd had his services during our premiership campaign we'd have stayed up.

Thought he was supposed to sign this morning though!!!

Guest fozzie22
You seem to have the view of every Wolves fan. We all wanted him out, but our delightful board didn't want to sack their golfing buddy.

JOKERS!

We have a similar sort of board mate,but good luck in the coming season

Wolverhampton Wanderers defender Joleon Lescott has moved closer to a move to Everton after passing a medical at Goodison Park.

The highly-rated stopper is set to move to The Toffees after the two clubs agreed a fee for the 23-year-old, following quickly in the footsteps of Crystal Palace striker Andy Johnson.

Although a number of clubs were tracking Lescott, including Premiership new-boys Reading, it was David Moyes' side who convinced Wolves to part with their prized possession.

The defender is widely regarded as one of the finest performers outside the top tier and will help bolster Everton's squad as they look to make an impact on the top half of the table in the coming season.

However talks still continue over the minutiae of the deal, with Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey insisting there is still work to be done with the Premiership side.

"The fee was agreed last week but, as ever, these things are never straight forward," Moxey told the club's official website.

"The devil is in the detail and discussions with Everton are ongoing.

"Joleon played in every game for Wolves last season and, as we expected, he has passed his medical and is fit to play."

---------------------------------------------

Lescott has passed a fitness Test!