126 replies to this topic

#41 Londonblue

Londonblue

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 Jun 2006 - 13:51

For what its worth, I'm friendly with a few chelsea fans down here, the word is Huth is very big and powerful, has a very powerful shot but is slow around the pitch...I'm now thinking Lescott may be the better bet?

#42 rowlo-efc

rowlo-efc

Brian Labone - Last of the Corinthians!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 01 Jun 2006 - 13:54

What if Yobo goes to Arsenal!  Maybe be could use the money of the Yobo deal to get Huth and have both Huth and Lescott at the heart of the defence.
One thing is that things are certainly looking good for us  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the money to get Lescott is coming from the Yobo sale mate - you can forget Huth....

#43 Cloud

Cloud

There's Nobody Better Than Mikel Arteta!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 01 Jun 2006 - 13:55

For what its worth, I'm friendly with a few chelsea fans down here, the word is Huth is very big and powerful, has a very powerful shot but is slow around the pitch...I'm now thinking Lescott may be the better bet?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe, have to wait and see? i wonder where huth will end up? :huh:

#44 Mac

Mac

Hang the Kopites one by one on the banks of the royal blue Mers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 01 Jun 2006 - 14:17

Highly delighted with this when and if it comes off.

I have seen the boy play one or two games and he is a bloody bargain for what we are rumoured to be paying for him.

On a completely different note, I love the way some Palace and a Wolves have come on and commented in a very positive way, respect to you all who have taken the time and trouble to do that. I feel that reflects on us as a forum, for decent thinking Everton fans.

ATB

Mac

#45 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 01 Jun 2006 - 14:19

I have seen the boy play one or two games and he is a bloody bargain for what we are rumoured to be paying for him.

On a completely different note, I love the way some Palace and a Wolves have come on and commented in a very positive way, respect to you all who have taken the time and trouble to do that. I feel that reflects on us as a forum, for decent thinking Everton fans.ATB

Mac

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agree with you there, their fans seem like good ones to take the time to come and congratulate us on taking their best players becauyse they know the players have made good choices

#46 Randomness

Randomness

My Last Avatar Was Cursed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 01 Jun 2006 - 14:41

are we a respectable club to sell to?

being established prem and all that?

#47 Mac

Mac

• Members
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 01 Jun 2006 - 14:46

are we a respectable club to sell to?

being established prem and all that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So it would appear mate. :D

ATB

Mac

#48 The_Wolf

The_Wolf

Denis Stracqualursi

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 Jun 2006 - 14:55

On a completely different note, I love the way some Palace and a Wolves have come on and commented in a very positive way, respect to you all who have taken the time and trouble to do that. I feel that reflects on us as a forum, for decent thinking Everton fans.

ATB

Mac

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No worries,

The guy has been our best player if not better since Robbie Keane. As much as I'd like him to stay with Wolves and play for Wolves in the Premiership (don't laugh), I'm going to look forward to watching him on Sky playing for you guys. You have landed a future England player IMHO.

Seems like your board are making the right moves anyway!

Have a good season and see you there next year!

#49 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 01 Jun 2006 - 14:56

IMO you will never come up with Hoddle in charge

#50 Cloud

Cloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 01 Jun 2006 - 14:57

No worries,

The guy has been our best player if not better since Robbie Keane. As much as I'd like him to stay with Wolves and play for Wolves in the Premiership (don't laugh), I'm going to look forward to watching him on Sky playing for you guys. You have landed a future England player IMHO.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers for that agin mate! Good luck next season for wolves? may you can get inot the Play offs and Join us in the Prem?

#51 EVA

EVA

Tony Hibbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 Jun 2006 - 15:03

Yes, Gd luck to the Wolf as well.

I have just wished Palace gd luck in another link. :)

#52 The_Wolf

The_Wolf

Denis Stracqualursi

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 Jun 2006 - 15:11

IMO you will never come up with Hoddle in charge

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You seem to have the view of every Wolves fan. We all wanted him out, but our delightful board didn't want to sack their golfing buddy.

JOKERS!

#53 xsaint

xsaint

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 01 Jun 2006 - 15:42

Thank you The_Wolf..appreciate ur fair comments...cheers and good lucky pal

#54 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 01 Jun 2006 - 15:48

Can anyone tell me wtf is going on with Lescott's hair at the front? It looks like its separated from the rest of his hair :blink:

#55 Mac

Mac

• Members
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 01 Jun 2006 - 19:01

No worries,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Myself and T (good lady wife) wish you well for next season mate, but you have got to get rid of the God-botherer, I liked it when you had Big Davy Jones.

ATB

Mac

#56 java2001e

java2001e

Duncan Ferguson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 02 Jun 2006 - 08:45

Following the play-off final in 2003 Joleon underwent surgery to both of his knees, which sadly ruled him out of the entire season when Wolves were in the Premier League.

http://en.wikipedia..../Joleon_Lescott

just looked him up. he's highly regarded and considered an england prospect. but are the knees up to the rigours of the premiership?

presumably his medical would be thorough! lets hope he works out ok!

#57 Wolf face

Wolf face

Denis Stracqualursi

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 Jun 2006 - 19:04

Alright fellas!

Thought Id see what you Evertonians thought of getting our Jo and thought I'd clear up some questions that seem to pop up. Also wondering why the transfer hasnt been confirmed.

His hairline is a bit fooked up from a car accident when he was a youngster.

Also a few of you seem worried about his knees, I wouldn't be too bothered though - they weren't damaged during football. He was kneecapped for getting a bit too friendly with a gangsta's wife! - no im not joking! It was thought he'd never recover but he came back the season we got relegated and was exceptional, consistently brilliant! No knee problems or injuries to speak of since.

This season he's been indifferent. Sometimes a collosus, sometimes prone to mistakes. When I've watched him i've got the impression he's in a comfort zone and needs to step it up a level. He's a tremendoes talent and if he fulfills his potential could be one of the best centre halves in the premiership. We'll miss the guy desperately next season, Im almost certain if we'd had his services during our premiership campaign we'd have stayed up.

Thought he was supposed to sign this morning though!!!

#58 Adams

Adams

Everton 4 Ever

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 02 Jun 2006 - 19:09

Can anyone tell me wtf is going on with Lescott's hair at the front? It looks like its separated from the rest of his hair  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: :lol:

#59 Guest_fozzie22_*

Guest_fozzie22_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 Jun 2006 - 20:20

You seem to have the view of every Wolves fan. We all wanted him out, but our delightful board didn't want to sack their golfing buddy.

JOKERS!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We have a similar sort of board mate,but good luck in the coming season

#60 Cloud

Cloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 03 Jun 2006 - 12:09

Wolverhampton Wanderers defender Joleon Lescott has moved closer to a move to Everton after passing a medical at Goodison Park.

The highly-rated stopper is set to move to The Toffees after the two clubs agreed a fee for the 23-year-old, following quickly in the footsteps of Crystal Palace striker Andy Johnson.

Although a number of clubs were tracking Lescott, including Premiership new-boys Reading, it was David Moyes' side who convinced Wolves to part with their prized possession.

The defender is widely regarded as one of the finest performers outside the top tier and will help bolster Everton's squad as they look to make an impact on the top half of the table in the coming season.

However talks still continue over the minutiae of the deal, with Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey insisting there is still work to be done with the Premiership side.

"The fee was agreed last week but, as ever, these things are never straight forward," Moxey told the club's official website.

"The devil is in the detail and discussions with Everton are ongoing.

"Joleon played in every game for Wolves last season and, as we expected, he has passed his medical and is fit to play."

---------------------------------------------

Lescott has passed a fitness Test!

#61 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 03 Jun 2006 - 12:10

No confirmation from Everton on their site so im not jumping for joy just yet

#62 Adam

Adam

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 03 Jun 2006 - 13:23

Whats going on with the bit about talks still ongoing.

Said that fee was agreed but still talking about things.

What else is there to talk about??

#63 Zed

Zed

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 03 Jun 2006 - 13:26

I reckon it could be that theyve found sumthing in the medical, like scaring from his injury and they wwant to pay on the drip, and I dont blame them.

#64 Adam

Adam

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 03 Jun 2006 - 13:36

If that is the case then thats fair enough.

Nothing is simple with Everton is it.

#65 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,424 posts

Posted 03 Jun 2006 - 14:18

The potential signing of Wolves central defender Joleon Lescott is in the balance after reported revelations during a medical.

The 23 year old agreed personal terms during the week after Everton and Wolves agreed a fee.

Lescott was set to become the club's second signing in less than a week pending the results of a medical. It is believed that the results have alerted Everton of a previous long term injury the defender had to his knee whilst at Wolves, which had kept him off the pitch for a full season.

Everton fans will instantly recall the episode regarding Mikael Forssell's proposed transfer from Chelsea which was abruptly cancelled due to a longstanding injury the Fin had been carrying.

The decision, although at the time was viewed by the frustrated Evertonians as wrong, paid off in the long term has Forssell failed to repeat the goalscoring exploits he had demonstrated in the past for Birmingham.

The club are reportedly keen to renegotiate the fee with Wolves as they are reluctant to pay what is believed to be near 5 million for a player carrying a threatening injury.

......or......

Lescott set to join Everton

03/06/2006 - 11:28:32

Wolves confirm Joleon Lescott has passed his medical and is set to join Everton.

The Wolves official website says he's passed the medical and agreed terms.

Edited by mikeo, 03 Jun 2006 - 14:27.

#66 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 03 Jun 2006 - 15:52

Everton are waiting for a second opinion on xrays of his knees before completing the deal and if they are ok he will sign on Monday, if its not ok then we will try and renegotiate staggered payments based on appearances.

#67 RuffRob

RuffRob

Peter Reid

• Members
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 03 Jun 2006 - 23:18

Could be waiting for a second opinion, but Everton will have known all about him missing a season through knee injuries, I knew about it ages ago, when we were first rumoured to be interested - so I won't have come as a suprise.

Staggered payments wouldn't be a bad idea. But he has played two seasons of football since so I wouldn't have thought we would have much room to broker a deal.

Anyway, he sounds a very decent player. A defender, as Wolves fan 'player of the year' and one of the most highly respected center half in the Championship, are decent references in my opinion.

Coming from the Championship will have the drive to make it at Prem level.

Fingers crossed the deal is concluded on Monday.

#68 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 03 Jun 2006 - 23:59

Yeah, and then we can all speculate on who will be next and start up hundreds of threads on it :P

#69 Guest_fozzie22_*

Guest_fozzie22_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 Jun 2006 - 00:24

Whats going on with the bit about talks still ongoing.

Said that fee was agreed but still talking about things.

What else is there to talk about??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

pies?

#70 Adams

Adams

Everton 4 Ever

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 04 Jun 2006 - 11:06

:lol: Realy hope he sugns tommorow

#71 Mac

Mac

• Members
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 04 Jun 2006 - 12:08

pies?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like Holland's meat and potato.

ATB

Mac

#72 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 04 Jun 2006 - 12:10

I like Holland's meat and potato.

ATB

Mac

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im not really a fan of pies tbh

#73 Ian

Ian

Monkey Tennis?

• Members
  • 3,933 posts

Posted 04 Jun 2006 - 14:54

gingsters pepper mint steak, cant beat it (edit, its not a pie but its in the same family :D )

Edited by ianthetoffee, 04 Jun 2006 - 14:54.

#74 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,424 posts

Posted 04 Jun 2006 - 18:30

My mums steak and kidney after the divvying up of the meat...I love kidney, the rest of the family hated it so they ended up with steak pie and I had kidney pie :lol: magic!

Why are we talking about pies in a Lescott thread?

#75 StevO

StevO

Blagging on the basis of knowledge

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,020 posts

Posted 04 Jun 2006 - 19:05

Goodison Road Scouse Pie
the finest pie this planet has ever seen!

#76 Mac

Mac

• Members
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 04 Jun 2006 - 19:20

My mums steak and kidney after the divvying up of the meat...I love kidney, the rest of the family hated it so they ended up with steak pie and I had kidney pie :lol: magic!

Why are we talking about pies in a Lescott thread?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because we as Evertonians are an intelligent and well informed bunch, but we still like our grub. :D

ATB

Mac

#77 BLUE-TAC

BLUE-TAC

Duncan McKenzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 04 Jun 2006 - 19:43

Can't beat a bit of fish pie, eh lads?! :P

#78 thebluenose

thebluenose

ALEX:Immortal Justice Lead Guitarist and backing Vocalist

• Members
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 04 Jun 2006 - 19:49

oh god no............for me its a steak and kidney in an onion and ale gravy like me mam makes. absolutley gorgeuos

#79 java2001e

java2001e

Duncan Ferguson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 05 Jun 2006 - 07:39

Lescott transfer in danger of collapse Jun 5 2006

By Ian Doyle, Daily Post

JOLEON LESCOTT'S move to Everton was in the balance last night as doubts grow over the defender's long-term fitness.

The Goodison outfit will today decide whether to proceed with the 5million deal for the Wolverhampton Wanderers centre-back once they discover the findings of a series of stringent tests.

With Lescott due to sign a lengthy contract, Goodison officials requested an extra set of X-rays on Friday given the player's history of knee problems.

Goodison officials are believed to be unhappy with comments made by Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey over the weekend that stated Lescott had passed a medical.

"The devil is in the detail and discussions with Everton are ongoing," said Moxey. "Joleon played in every game for Wolves last season and, as we expected, he has passed his medical."

This is not the case, with Everton wary the Championship side are attempting to place pressure on them to push the transfer through.

#80 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 05 Jun 2006 - 11:59

Its all very confusing, i just want it all sorted out one way or the other now so we can move on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users