IGNORED

Squad For Next Year

Finn balor

Just been thinking, for next season if we keep everybody fit and add a couple of free transfers/loans we wont have to spend much and we will have the younger players pushing the squad we will have the largest/best squad i've ever seen at the blues. I think we make Landon our one "marquee" signing and add Ledley,Senderos, beckford and the new goalie as freebies we will have a squad to match certainly Spurs, Villa, the shite, and in my humble opinion City as they stand now. COYB!!!

Edited by Finn balor

True, i just think with the emergence of Coleman and Rodwell coming along the way he has and with the injured players hopefully staying fit i wouldn't be too concerned if we had a quiet summer.If we tie Peanuts up to a new deal that would do for me to be honest. You never know Davey could get money for Yobo and it wouldn't surprise me if he sold the Yak.I've got a mate who lives in Stoke who reckons a £9 million bid is on the table for him in the summer. Tempting if true.....

True, i just think with the emergence of Coleman and Rodwell coming along the way he has and with the injured players hopefully staying fit i wouldn't be too concerned if we had a quiet summer.If we tie Peanuts up to a new deal that would do for me to be honest. You never know Davey could get money for Yobo and it wouldn't surprise me if he sold the Yak.I've got a mate who lives in Stoke who reckons a £9 million bid is on the table for him in the summer. Tempting if true.....

SELL SELL SELL!!!!

Im with Mark too on this, things look good but lets not get carried away. Transfer funds normally would be based on our tour in Europe and selling of a big player (I dont see Davey selling anyone, willingly at least). So we have to wait. I read somewhere that the FA are going to release the figures soon so that may give us an idea of TV money etc.

Senderos needs to prove himself first, Beckford... well, i think i made my feelings clear in the other thread. Ledley, dont know enough about him apart from the rumours and didnt we just agree a contract for a new keeper?

All in all though, apart from another striker i dont see what position we would need to fill, provided we dont get hit with injuries like we did this and last season!

Just been thinking, for next season if we keep everybody fit and add a couple of free transfers/loans we wont have to spend much and we will have the younger players pushing the squad we will have the largest/best squad i've ever seen at the blues. I think we make Landon our one "marquee" signing and add Ledley,Senderos, beckford and the new goalie as freebies we will have a squad to match certainly Spurs, Villa, the shite, and in my humble opinion City as they stand now. COYB!!!

I wouldnt really describe Donavon as a marquee signing and Im not really fussed either way about Ledley, Senderos or Beckford but I get where your coming from

I think getting Piennar tied down to a new contract could be our marquee signing

I've just taken over us on Soccer Manager online, you get all currently registered players on a permanent basis, which means I've got Donovan and Senderos full time. looking at it like that, I'm finding it hard to see where i can strengthen - perhaps sell Distin and yobo and buy another world class CB to compete with Jags and Heitinga.

I've got absolutely no doubts this squad is the best I've ever seen at Everton, i reckon the first team would give the Kendall side a run for its money too.

Ledley has just had an op on BOTH hips, and he already had fuck all pace. I'd steer clear from him.

I'm not saying Ledley is the second coming of Marc Overmars but i think its shrewd business to get these free signings to bulk up the squad instead of having the Under 16's on the bench for half the season if we have another glut of injuries. If they are not up to the grade Beckford, Ledley etc would command a decent fee ala Lucas Neil. Gosling,Rodwell,Yak,Vaughan,Coleman,Osman,Vic,Distin,Yobo,Senderos,Duffy and a couple of new signings would be more than able back up for the first eleven :D

I agree with people in that Pienaar should be our first priority.

After that depends a lot on how Senderos and Donovan do on loan. If Senderos looks the part then I think we can get rid of Yobo and Distin (12mil - ish) providing Moyes thinks Duffy is ready for more 1st team action.

If Donovan keeps playing solidly and his price isnt too high it certainly wouldn't be a bad piece of business. If it doesn't work out then we will still need another incisive and positive winger preferably with pace (answers on a post card). Similarly a player like Bentley could do a job but I'm still not sure what to make of him and his antics.

Then there is also the striker situation. Although in match reports I have been rather damning of Yakubu I still think he is a long way from fitness. He isnt at all sharp and I think it has been hard for him coming back and not being the #1 striker. Now Saha has signed on, I hope we keep JV and Vic and hopefully they develop and stay injury free. Im not fussed about Beckford and if he does come in I imagine we will be offloading someone or changing tactically (which is possible IMO with the renewed form of Fellaini because lets face it Cahill is hardly playing as a midfielder for the most part).

We do have a quality squad and if the younger players do develop as they look like they might then we could have one of the best squads we have ever had, but unfortunately that counts for shit on match day...

gary neville and paul scholes? you're mad.

We need a top class injury free striker, a right winger (Donovan) and another left back to cover Bainer, if Peanuts leaves then a replacement.

Hoping Pienaar signs a 1-2 year extension. Can't see him staying forever, especially if he plays well in the WC. I wouldn't be bothered if we get 12-15mil for him.

gary neville and paul scholes? you're mad.

We need a top class injury free striker, a right winger (Donovan) and another left back to cover Bainer, if Peanuts leaves then a replacement.

Hoping Pienaar signs a 1-2 year extension. Can't see him staying forever, especially if he plays well in the WC. I wouldn't be bothered if we get 12-15mil for him.

for an everton player than only cost a couple mil with 1 year left? dreamland there matey

Edited by CraccerC

What we paid for him is irrelevant, but I agree we wouldn't get that much with only a year left on his contract (unless his performances at the World Cup start a bidding war).

i disagree i think the price we paid is a factor, it's all relative to profit and other teams would be quick to point out if he only cost that much now whys he worth 1000% that now...or whatever that was just a random percentage

I've just taken over us on Soccer Manager online, you get all currently registered players on a permanent basis, which means I've got Donovan and Senderos full time. looking at it like that, I'm finding it hard to see where i can strengthen - perhaps sell Distin and yobo and buy another world class CB to compete with Jags and Heitinga.

I've got absolutely no doubts this squad is the best I've ever seen at Everton, i reckon the first team would give the Kendall side a run for its money too.

dunno about that like, think that's going a bit far.

i disagree i think the price we paid is a factor, it's all relative to profit and other teams would be quick to point out if he only cost that much now whys he worth 1000% that now...or whatever that was just a random percentage

Juventus paid £3.2m for Zinedine Zidane and sold him for €78 (£46m at the time). Real Madrid didn't say, "...we're not paying that (significantly more than a 1000% increase) because you only paid this..."

He's worth what someone's prepared to pay.

Juventus paid £3.2m for Zinedine Zidane and sold him for €78 (£46m at the time). Real Madrid didn't say, "...we're not paying that (significantly more than a 1000% increase) because you only paid this..."

He's worth what someone's prepared to pay.

yeh but you're talking zidane and real madrid there...their president at the time (same as current i believe) would spend silly money happily. that sort of thing wouldn't happen thesedays, at least not that extent

yeh but you're talking zidane and real madrid there...their president at the time (same as current i believe) would spend silly money happily. that sort of thing wouldn't happen thesedays, at least not that extent

happened last season at Citeh, happened last season at Real again. With Chelski's ban lifted, who knows this summer (with Ribery for example) and if Real fail to win anything I can see them spending big time again...

happened last season at Citeh, happened last season at Real again. With Chelski's ban lifted, who knows this summer (with Ribery for example) and if Real fail to win anything I can see them spending big time again...

Lol Dont try and apply any form of logic with CraccerC on this one because it wont get you anywhere, I know from experience!

Lol Dont try and apply any form of logic with CraccerC on this one because it wont get you anywhere, I know from experience!

you want logic? here's my opinion of the transfer market with quite a bit of logic in it, just so i can satisfy you without bending over.

the transfer process could be viewed as a cycle or a chain beginning and ending with a point of purchase that defines the value of a player, as stated by mike. in between these points there are several other opportunities and/or risks that contribute the value of the player that may not happen in any particular order. if a transfer fee dictates the value of a player then so be it but what changes value, what are the value drivers for a players transfer fee and what are they based upon? does a player just become a 15 million player overnight when they only cost 2 million? what determines value in football? contract length? consistency? the state of the current market? the ability to perform under pressure and in big games? leadership? work rate? pace? these are just some examples of what a player may be valued for and of course all of these things, and more, determine value of a player financially and the importance to a team (some teams value certain types of players more than others, in our case we value pienaar mainly for his workrate and his creativity from deep but would be be as valued at arsenal? would he be that important to them when they have fabregas, song, rosicky, nasri?). think of a waterfall method, a cycle, going from a to b and change one point in it, size or positioning whatever...what happens? the whole thing changes to an extent. in negotiation, retail, almost any aspect of a business the idea of profit and added value is of massive importance. is a football transfer not all of those things in a way? the initial offer i.e. the initial transfer fee that begins the contract/cycle is the basis for added or lost value which is why personally i think, football or not, it is always relative.

examples of players that might be brought into this and why perhaps their value grew so much...zidane...probably the best player i've ever seen, highly marketable, proven at every level. lescott...english, international, time on his contract, man city, no particular need for us to sell due to his importance...ronaldo...best player in the world, marketable etc etc. all reasons why they may be worth inflated fees. if you want to talk pienaar...little left on his contract, is he a big game player? will he give you loads of goals and assists? yeh a few but is that enough to warrant a massive inflation? of course he brings plenty to the table also, but possibly the most important thing of all if the length of contract, as the cycle closes back to the starting point then the point of sale or the signing of a new contract looms. beckford is of such importance to leeds that they rejected 1.8 million knowing he will probably leave for nothing, but if he had 3 years left on his deal that discussion wouldn't even happen and leeds, should they want to, would probably get much higher bids that 1.8 million from the likes of newcastle.

you wanted my logic, there it is...whether you agree with it or not.

i don't mind debating with mike over things that's fine because he doesn't make the snidey little comments like you have. if you want any more information on value or you want me to go into further detail, by all means...value management, in particular negotiation with the view to added value in a supply chain, is actually a massive part of what i do funnily enough, so there's a fair bit more i could say.

as i haven't read this through, cue the petty remarks about grammar or minor inconsistencies that are obvious to a 5 year old (probably ducanmc...)

cheeeeaa boooiiii...braaaap

Edit: incidently if you're wondering where I have got this view from it's from reading the likes of -International Journal of Business and Management, International Journal of Project Management, International Journal of Business and Performance, International Journal of Business and Information Systems.

Edited by CraccerC

Going by your logic Craccer, I still think Pienaar would fetch 12-15 mil in the right market. Full International, consistently performs at a high level, incredible work rate, has a good finish, creativity down the left. He certainly has enough quality that if the right club came knocking he could be sold for 12-15 mil. Notice I said the "right" club, because we shouldn't sell him for less than that.

i think signing donovan permanently would be a great piece of business. already we've seen that he's able to play in the league, and he seems to like the club very much and works hard, fitting into moyes' philosophy. on the pr side, we would get loads more attention from all the american supporters, not to mention revenue from more of our games being shown in the US and from jersey sales here. like previously said, i think getting pienaar on a new deal has to be our top priority in the summer, but beyond him, a permanent deal for donovan has to be a top priority, as well as tying up some free transfers for any of senderos, beckford and ledley to add to the free transfer of the keeper jan mucha