IGNORED

Fellaini

Romey 1878

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a bit of luck he may just make it back for the start of next season, at least that's what I'm hoping. If not then at least, hopefully, he won't miss too much (ie. as Jags & Arteta have this season)

In a way, it's better that his injury goes over summer. It's three months where Everton don't miss him on the pitch. You guys are going to have a quality midfied with the likes of Pienaar, Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini and Donovan in there.

Felli will be missed but nothing we couldn´t cope with. When Hibbert is back I would stick Neville back to defensive midfield and with forthcoming Landon´s departure, I´d play Osman on the right wing again. Not the best option I know and I would love to see him continue as a CM but there will be no room for him.

Really really bad news. The worst thing is we havent really got anyone else who can do that job. Neville can do the defensive work but for the most part he lacks the composure on the ball and the passing ability. Heitinga can play there but I really dont want him to move out from CB.

The ocmbination of Osman/Arteta worked well against Chelsea, and Osman had a great game yesterday but we cant expect him to play out of his skin til the end of the season and for Arteta to be as good as he was already. We struggled a bit yesterday purely because Sporting pressed the ball and Arteta didnt look sharp at all. The odd game they can both raise it but to do it week in week out is a different story.

I guess Rodwell is the only other option but as we saw last night his inexperience can be costly in such an important position. Plus he isnt that strong just yet and while he is certainly decent, he isnt going to win the amount of headers Felli can.

Its going to be a tough one, and I dont envy Moyes' decision but IMO id stick with the same team for the Man U game and then look at bringing Rodwell in there and make sure he trains everyday in that position to help him get used to playing as an out and out holding midfielder.

Why is it everytime one of our players comes into from they get injured? Areta Jags even Big Vic played a blinder against Villa in the cup before his ankle got smashed by Kevin Nolan the following week.

Afew months ago if Fellaini got injured no-one would be that bothered but now, in the form of his life, he is out for six months...are we cursed or something?????

• 2 months later...