IGNORED

Yak Vs Saha

Memmaclub

I am not moaning that saha isn't good enough I am saying yak should be given more game time how do we know if he is fit if we stick with saha

Really? Is THAT what you've been trying to say? You sure?

I personally think saha is not god enough for enough of the time.

Saha just plodded around being a knob

For me saha is no better than a squad player and is now taking a place that should be used for Yak to become fit again and vaughn to be given a chance 2 year contract is a joke

Doesn't seem to be what you've been saying all along. Pull your head out, breathe and reinsert.

also, a question for you memma...what is going to happen to your view of Saha when he scores more goals that Yak put in during his only full season for us? I mean, Saha has only got to put in 6 more...with 13 more league games plus Europa, I'm pretty sure he'll manage that. I can't wait for that thread.

I am not moaning that saha isn't good enough I am saying yak should be given more game time how do we know if he is fit if we stick with saha

You seriously want to take a leading goalscorer out of the side just to see if the Yak can get fit? Are you actually retarded? We're fighting tooth and nail to hang on to the slim hope of qualifying for Europe again, and the way to do that is to score goals and win games. We don't have the luxury of being able to take pretty much guranteed goals out of the side just incase Yak decides to get his shooting boots on.

Claiming Saha to be a world beater shows certain people know nothing about the game. So last night lets look at his performace.

Chance one simple header any decent striker should captilise their.

Missed Pen with poor penalty

3rd chance drives ball into ground could have gone anywhere.

4th chance good anticipation but awful; mistake by terry to let him in and keeper should have saved it

I reiterate saha is a GOOD prem striker on his day but his injury proness and age make me think we should be investing the first team playing time into Yak or Vaughn (I don't rate Vic as first team)

could make any strikers game sound shoddy with a summary like that...saha is class he has 2 great feet, good pace and strength, good in the air and works harder than people give him credit for...he is no way as lazy as the yak not even close...the guy has 13 goals this season and people are saying he hasnt played that well..to me that says a lot if he starts to play well no he is settled after the contract stuff he is a 30 goal a season player if 13 so far is him playin shite

could make any strikers game sound shoddy with a summary like that...saha is class he has 2 great feet, good pace and strength, good in the air and works harder than people give him credit for...he is no way as lazy as the yak not even close...the guy has 13 goals this season and people are saying he hasnt played that well..to me that says a lot if he starts to play well no he is settled after the contract stuff he is a 30 goal a season player if 13 so far is him playin shite

Plus two Euro goals = 15. A very good return. ;)

Glad to see some well articulated responses. Rather than asnwer everything individually I will just say that I agree that on form any stiker should be in the squad however for the long term of the club 2/3 years saha's injuries and skill levels are only going to get worse and then therefore our first choice stiker like Yak will take time to get going/. So yes if saha gets more goals than yak this season I may have to rethink my opinion howevere there are to clauses to that 1. will he stay injury free for a whole season (if he does then again I have to rethin k things. 2. Saha if fit is only surely good for next season and maybe one more.

I will admit alot of my opinion is based on a biassed love of the yak and a bit of hatred for saha

Glad to see some well articulated responses. Rather than asnwer everything individually I will just say that I agree that on form any stiker should be in the squad however for the long term of the club 2/3 years saha's injuries and skill levels are only going to get worse and then therefore our first choice stiker like Yak will take time to get going/. So yes if saha gets more goals than yak this season I may have to rethink my opinion howevere there are to clauses to that 1. will he stay injury free for a whole season (if he does then again I have to rethin k things. 2. Saha if fit is only surely good for next season and maybe one more.

I will admit alot of my opinion is based on a biassed love of the yak and a bit of hatred for saha

Oh sure, totally makes sense...not weird or creepy in any way.

I dont think anyone can knock Saha for his performance against Chelsea. He was world class. Yes Chelsea's defence could have done better but dont underestimate the quality of his movement to make Chelsea make these mistakes. If he hadnt have made those runs then Terry and co would have been clearing the ball with ease. You also have to credit some of the deliveries that were inch perfect.

Yes the penalty was crap and IMO he shouldnt be taking them, in fact pretty much all his penalties this season have been crap and Im not quite sure why he gets the nod (same with Arteta on corners).

For me that was the first time Saha and Cahill worked well together and long may it continue.

how many players have scored 3 goals against chelsea this season, 1, Louis Saha. Its pretty obvious that he is a quality quality striker and as much as I used to rate the Yak he hasnt looked half the player he used to be since he came back

Everyone seems to be forgetting how crap the Yak was before he got injured.

Personally I think its time to try and ship the Yak on. He has done the same thing with every club he has been at, superb at first then totally uninterested and ineffective.

He has been poor ever since it was muted that Arry was considering taking him to Spurs

Whilst Saha seems to be suddenly everyones darling, and there's not doubting that his finishing at times this season has been excellent, there have been times (and I can't be bothered trying to find them), when people(on here) have acussed Saha of putting in the same level of effort as the Yak.

Evertons problem (well one of them), is we have four main strikers.The Yak and Saha on their day, (and yes it's been a while since the Yak proved it, but then he did suffer a major injury and lay off) can rip defences to shreds and score brilliant goals....the other two Vaughan and Anichebe whilst having promise surely aren't quite there yet.

Whilst Saha is this weeks main man, we/Everton so badly need the Yak to get his best form back or at worst be worth a lot of money to someone else.Because having two young lads with promise plus two experienced forwards who can run hot and cold isn't going to help us to achieve next seasons full potential or even this seasons.

Today, yes Saha is our main striker, but his fitness will always have us worried, and you can't really blame him for that, we need to hope he stays fit, along with Vaughan and that Anichebe can force his way through .......and yes the Yak starts smacking them in again when the chances come along.

The question Saha v The Yak!.......I'm hoping it becomes a much harder question soon, ie Saha V The Yak v Vaughan v Anichebe, because whilst we only have one main man, that wont be enough, will it? well not for longer term.

I like all four of the above strikers and they can all cause major problems, and unless you could replace some/one of them with a fantastic striker (who we could afford) then I wouldn't want to sell any of them.

I'm probably going round and round in circles here, but I'm recovering from a knee opp and I'm bored and in pain....so my posts will probably be long and rambling, and probably a load bollocks :(

Feel free to stick the knife in.....just mind the knee!

I thought Yak looked sharp last night, much more like the Yak we seen when he first signed for us.

I agree....looked lively. I was pleasantly surprised.

I was actually pretty shocked when he not only ran but made a good tackle to win the ball, got away with it and almost created a goal from it.

more of that please yak

Lets hope he shows more of that eh!?