53 replies to this topic

#41 Memmaclub

Memmaclub

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 13 Feb 2010 - 08:28

Glad to see some well articulated responses. Rather than asnwer everything individually I will just say that I agree that on form any stiker should be in the squad however for the long term of the club 2/3 years saha's injuries and skill levels are only going to get worse and then therefore our first choice stiker like Yak will take time to get going/. So yes if saha gets more goals than yak this season I may have to rethink my opinion howevere there are to clauses to that 1. will he stay injury free for a whole season (if he does then again I have to rethin k things. 2. Saha if fit is only surely good for next season and maybe one more.

I will admit alot of my opinion is based on a biassed love of the yak and a bit of hatred for saha

#42 nutmegwolf203

nutmegwolf203

Move Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 13 Feb 2010 - 09:48

Glad to see some well articulated responses. Rather than asnwer everything individually I will just say that I agree that on form any stiker should be in the squad however for the long term of the club 2/3 years saha's injuries and skill levels are only going to get worse and then therefore our first choice stiker like Yak will take time to get going/. So yes if saha gets more goals than yak this season I may have to rethink my opinion howevere there are to clauses to that 1. will he stay injury free for a whole season (if he does then again I have to rethin k things. 2. Saha if fit is only surely good for next season and maybe one more.

I will admit alot of my opinion is based on a biassed love of the yak and a bit of hatred for saha

Oh sure, totally makes sense...not weird or creepy in any way.

#43 Bunny Blue Nose

Bunny Blue Nose

Neville Southall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 Feb 2010 - 18:32

Would have to be Saha for me. When fit, his quality in front of goal is the big difference; who would you prefer through on goal with the keeper to beat? Saha

#44 Bailey

Bailey

Kevin Ratcliffe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,315 posts

Posted 13 Feb 2010 - 18:54

I dont think anyone can knock Saha for his performance against Chelsea. He was world class. Yes Chelsea's defence could have done better but dont underestimate the quality of his movement to make Chelsea make these mistakes. If he hadnt have made those runs then Terry and co would have been clearing the ball with ease. You also have to credit some of the deliveries that were inch perfect.

Yes the penalty was crap and IMO he shouldnt be taking them, in fact pretty much all his penalties this season have been crap and Im not quite sure why he gets the nod (same with Arteta on corners).

For me that was the first time Saha and Cahill worked well together and long may it continue.

#45 Bunny Blue Nose

Bunny Blue Nose

Neville Southall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 Feb 2010 - 19:00

Would have to be Saha for me. When fit, his quality in front of goal is the big difference; who would you prefer through on goal with the keeper to beat? Saha

I've had a re-think? Who would i prefer through on goal with the keeper to beat? (provided it's not a pen) :D

#46 Across the Pond

Across the Pond

Joe Parkinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 Feb 2010 - 17:59

I would prefer Landon or Arteta (fit) :D

#47 bluenoseyankee

bluenoseyankee

The Love Child of Fellaini's Fro & Pienaar's Cornrow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 16 Feb 2010 - 06:36

over Saha or Yak? that's silly, neither are out and out strikers.

#48 Rob W

Rob W

Duncan McKenzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 16 Feb 2010 - 11:20

how many players have scored 3 goals against chelsea this season, 1, Louis Saha. Its pretty obvious that he is a quality quality striker and as much as I used to rate the Yak he hasnt looked half the player he used to be since he came back

#49 duncanmckenzieismagic

duncanmckenzieismagic

Howard Kendall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,609 posts

Posted 16 Feb 2010 - 13:34

how many players have scored 3 goals against chelsea this season, 1, Louis Saha. Its pretty obvious that he is a quality quality striker and as much as I used to rate the Yak he hasnt looked half the player he used to be since he came back

Everyone seems to be forgetting how crap the Yak was before he got injured.

Personally I think its time to try and ship the Yak on. He has done the same thing with every club he has been at, superb at first then totally uninterested and ineffective.

He has been poor ever since it was muted that Arry was considering taking him to Spurs

#50 Blue 250

Blue 250

Bob Latchford

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 16 Feb 2010 - 15:02

Whilst Saha seems to be suddenly everyones darling, and there's not doubting that his finishing at times this season has been excellent, there have been times (and I can't be bothered trying to find them), when people(on here) have acussed Saha of putting in the same level of effort as the Yak.

Evertons problem (well one of them), is we have four main strikers.The Yak and Saha on their day, (and yes it's been a while since the Yak proved it, but then he did suffer a major injury and lay off) can rip defences to shreds and score brilliant goals....the other two Vaughan and Anichebe whilst having promise surely aren't quite there yet.

Whilst Saha is this weeks main man, we/Everton so badly need the Yak to get his best form back or at worst be worth a lot of money to someone else.Because having two young lads with promise plus two experienced forwards who can run hot and cold isn't going to help us to achieve next seasons full potential or even this seasons.

Today, yes Saha is our main striker, but his fitness will always have us worried, and you can't really blame him for that, we need to hope he stays fit, along with Vaughan and that Anichebe can force his way through .......and yes the Yak starts smacking them in again when the chances come along.

The question Saha v The Yak!.......I'm hoping it becomes a much harder question soon, ie Saha V The Yak v Vaughan v Anichebe, because whilst we only have one main man, that wont be enough, will it? well not for longer term.

I like all four of the above strikers and they can all cause major problems, and unless you could replace some/one of them with a fantastic striker (who we could afford) then I wouldn't want to sell any of them.

I'm probably going round and round in circles here, but I'm recovering from a knee opp and I'm bored and in pain....so my posts will probably be long and rambling, and probably a load bollocks :(

Feel free to stick the knife in.....just mind the knee!

#51 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,210 posts

Posted 17 Feb 2010 - 11:15

I thought Yak looked sharp last night, much more like the Yak we seen when he first signed for us.

#52 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,478 posts

Posted 17 Feb 2010 - 13:38

I thought Yak looked sharp last night, much more like the Yak we seen when he first signed for us.

I agree....looked lively. I was pleasantly surprised.

#53 FairWooney

FairWooney

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 17 Feb 2010 - 14:41

I was actually pretty shocked when he not only ran but made a good tackle to win the ball, got away with it and almost created a goal from it.

more of that please yak

#54 Lowensda

Lowensda

A force to be reckoned with, I reckon

• Members
  • 14,821 posts

Posted 17 Feb 2010 - 20:49

I agree....looked lively. I was pleasantly surprised.

I was actually pretty shocked when he not only ran but made a good tackle to win the ball, got away with it and almost created a goal from it.

more of that please yak

Lets hope he shows more of that eh!?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users