• Diniyar Bilyaletdinov
    • Landon Donovan
    • Tim Cahill
    • Louis Saha
    • Jack Rodwell

pollresizear5.jpg

SahaChelsea1.jpg

SahaChelsea2.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Fellaini 268

Pienaar 152

Heitinga 125

Saha 109

Rodwell 94

Bilyaletdinov 77

Hibbert 71

Coleman 70

Cahill 68

Howard 61

Baines 61

Distin 39

Osman 36

Yakubu 24

Duffy 23

Donovan 21

Yobo 20

Neill 15

João Alves Jô 10

Vaughan 8

Neville 8

Gosling 6

Arteta 6

Nash 3

Senderos 3

Baxter 3

Agard 2

Anichebe 1

Forshaw 1

Akpan 1

MOTM winners....

Liverpool (A) Johnny Heitinga

Wigan (A) Tim Cahill

Sunderland (H) Marouane Fellaini

Birmingham (H) Steven Pienaar

Manchester City (H) Marouane Fellaini

Arsenal (A) Marouane Fellaini

Carlisle (H) Marouane Fellaini

Burnley (H) Steven Pienaar

Sunderland (A) Marouane Fellaini

Birmingham (A) Leighton Baines

BATE Boresov (H)...Shane Duffy

Chelsea (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Tottenham (H)...Seamus Coleman

AEK Athens (A)...Steven Pienaar

Liverpool (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Hull City (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Manchester United (A)...Johnny Heitinga

West Ham (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Benfica (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Aston Villa (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Tottenham (A)...Tony Hibbert

Bolton (A)...Louis Saha

Benfica (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wolves (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Stoke City (H)...Johnny Heitinga

BATE Borisov (A)...Tony Hibbert

Portsmouth (A)...Tim Howard

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (H)...Louis Saha

AEK Athens (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wigan...(H)...Jack Rodwell

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

I think Saha gets for me, just for making Terry look like a right expletive. Thought Billy did well in patches, Donovan had another great game, and both Ossie and Arteta did really well. You could see Mikey tired towards the end though when a few too many of his passes started going astray. Heitinga had another solid match, looks like a really consistent player, which is what we need at the back (looking forward to seeing him and Jags in the back line). Distin was alright, loved the moment he floored Ballack, thought the ref may have given them something for that. I've got to say though that I though Neville was the worst player on the pitch for us. Seemed to go asleep again a little for their goal. However, there's lots of positives and confidence we can take out of that game. Thought we might have succumbed in the final minutes to an equaliser as they really piled on the pressure, but credit to the lads for showing steely character and determination to get a well deserved three points - COYB!

Edited by wallwriter

It was a close call between Ossie and Cahill for me although Johhny H looked quality again and I thought he dealt with Drogba superbly, and Bainsey was immense down the left

But during that first half hour when we were getting outplayed it was Ossie who was putting in some superb tackles and almost single handedly keeping us in the game

Cahill looked to be back to his best and he never stopped all night and was making a real nuisance of himself, quite how John Terry stayed on the pitch after guving him a dig to the back of the head right infront of the ref and linesman was beyond me

It was a close call between Ossie and Cahill for me although Johhny H looked quality again and I thought he dealt with Drogba superbly, and Bainsey was immense down the left

But during that first half hour when we were getting outplayed it was Ossie who was putting in some superb tackles and almost single handedly keeping us in the game

Spot on for me there Duncan. All round a great team effort which, without being churlish, shows what we could have achieved last Saturday if the same effort was applied. As I said in an earlier post most people would have taken three draws against Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd, well we have matched them three points already with one game to go so same again as last night please!

Blinding insight from Dave Prentice in the Echo...

ON another rocking, rousing night at Goodison Park, the bouqets were being tossed around with gay abandon.

Landon Donovan, Leon Osman, Tim Cahill, Leighton Baines . . . all came in for richly deserved words of praise (only half a pat on the back from the manager for the matchwinner, mind).

But there wasnt a single sentence spoken about the performance of a player who is rapidly assuming unsung hero status at Everton.

So lets put that right straight away.

Unsung? Not here ;) .

Heitinga had another solid match, looks like a really consistent player, which is what we need at the back (looking forward to seeing him and Jags in the back line).

It was a close call between Ossie and Cahill for me although Johhny H looked quality again and I thought he dealt with Drogba superbly..

i know i had my doubts about heitinga at the start...but for me he gets my man of the match coz i think drogba is the best striker in the prem and he kept him quiet appart from the header that hit the bar...and that was a foul.

...after a some thought and gave the nod to Heitinga although he was run very close by Saha, Donovan & Cahill

Plus a load more accolades in the match thread. Dave obviously needs to mix with more clued up Evertonians than he does at present :P .

I gave my vote to Landon, everytime the ball was played out to him, he looked immense, always wanting to attack and 9/10 he took his player on and come inside or played a ball into the box, also second half he done some brilliant tracking back to make chelsea come inside were our midfield would see out any danger. As mentioned by many, so many players out there the other night wore the blue shirt with pride and got stuck in and made that extra yard count. Absolutley brilliant, Behind against chelsea to come back and win 2-1 and miss a penalty, superb!! :) Also the crowd was amazing, long may that continue :)

Excuse the late vote - only just recovered - class!!!

Heitinga for me - to make Drogba(arguably the best striker in the world) look average at best, I think was a fantastic display.

Other than Johnny I feel Distin/Donovan had their best matches for us and Osman/Cahill showed more commitment than could be asked for. Nice to see Arteta get a good run out and the last word has to go to King Louis - what a touch and finish - pity I was having a piss (thought I'd dash up when rodwell was coming - bastard 4 chang = free scarf + miss half the game pissing!!!)