IGNORED

Good Players Signed - Over Priced?

whats everyones thoughts on this subject, i agree Johnson is a great signing and lescott very highly regarded , dont know to much bowt him, but the thing that bothers me is the price we are paying for these 2 CHAMPIONSHIP players

AJ - 8.6mil

lescott 5 mil

i agree with signing them but not @ the prices we did as this could be our lot in terms of buying more faces, money could have been spent elsewhere, but i do like the ambition its showing The peoples club

any 1 share my views?

Johnshon is not a Championship player!

Lescott is, But He has the Ability to up his game and make it to the premiership, but we will have to wait and see?

Regards with there Price Tag! Who else could we have Brought in with 8.5 Million whio was better than Johnson, and wanted to come to us, and didn't want a huge Wage bill? and who can get us goals? No-one expect Johnson?

Thats what you have to pay these days - simple as.

I dont think Johnson's over priced. He's only 25 and an International fringe player, not bad if you ask me, as its just been posted, there isn't any better out there at that price. If Johnson scores 20 goals next season in the Premier League and puts in a transfer request, he'd go for 12-13 million.

Lescott has played Under 21's as well, 2 potentially great English players.

AJ - two other prem clubs met the asking price, so if we didnt he'd have gone else where as jordan wouldnt let us talk to him. So who do we get who is better or a prem player for that money

Lescott - Again, whats the other option? Wolves player of the season, for england u21, dont know a lot about him really, so time will tell

The bottom line is you pays your money and take a chance, there are more expensive flops in the prem (e.g. Cisse 15MIL, boumsong 8-9MIL)

Cheer up and enjoy the fact that we've just signed a transfer record stiker

It does seem a lot but we'd be here moaning if BK would't have stumped up the extra half million and AJ would have gone to Wigan.

Also, I think these are two quality players and you get what you pay for. Yes we could have got two Simon Davies' and a Richard Wright for £13m but is it high time we started shopping at Harrods and not fishing around the bargain basement for scraps on the last day of the transfer window.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, FCUK the World Cup , roll on August!!

COYB

It does seem a lot but we'd be here moaning if BK would't have stumped up the extra half million and AJ would have gone to Wigan.

Also, I think these are two quality players and you get what you pay for. Yes we could have got two Simon Davies' and a Richard Wright for £13m but is it high time we started shopping at Harrods and not fishing around the bargain basement for scraps on the last day of the transfer window.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, FCUK the World Cup , roll on August!!

COYB

Bloody well said Sheeds, I for one am sick of shopping at Netto, when I read some of these posts I can almost see Evertonians grinning like a wanking chimp over the thought of next season.

ATB

Mac

The simple fact is neither player was over priced, Wigan and Bolton were willing bid £8.5million for AJ and we wanted him so we had to pay the same. I totally agree with the view that there isnt better you could get for that price. Reading bid £4.5million for Lescott so if we wanted him we had to bid more than that, if we thought it was too much then we should have told them to FUCK OFF.

And yes Mac i am grinning like a wanking chimp at the thought of next season :D

as for the topic .......OVERPRICED.?

We all laughed our heads off when the RS paid £7m for Crouch.

AJ had a good goalscoring record in the Prem and has been top scorer for the last 4 years. He also has good speed and an excellent 110% workrate

Lescott has played international games for England U21s, was Wolves player of the year, and was selected in the Championship team of the season 2 years running.

For a 23 year old it seems a high price to pay, but i'm glad we pushed the boat out, i think these two are an excellent improvement on previous signings.

Overpriced ?.....................No, cos thats the going rate these days

spot on licker, if other clubs were going to pay the same what could we do?

Everton fans would be calling for everyone's head if we would have dropped out of the hunt for AJ and if we wouldnt have got another CB after gettin rid of a decent lookin defender in the form of Ferrari then what would the fans have done then?

thats the prices we will have to pay now, Everton are showing ambition for once and for one, I respect the way we are moving

remember boys NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

spot on licker, if other clubs were going to pay the same what could we do?

Everton fans would be calling for everyone's head if we would have dropped out of the hunt for AJ and if we wouldnt have got another CB after gettin rid of a decent lookin defender in the form of Ferrari then what would the fans have done then?

thats the prices we will have to pay now, Everton are showing ambition for once and for one, I respect the way we are moving

remember boys NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

Maybe BK has only just remembered this

COYB

'king good post Sheeds, spot on...not sure about the wanking chimp imagery though Mac :blink:

'king good post Sheeds, spot on...not sure about the wanking chimp imagery though Mac :blink:

What you are failing to take into account Mike is the simple fact that I am as mad as abox of frogs, I've got certificates to say so. :blink::blink::blink: (thanks for the response in a different thread mate, meant a lot)

At last we are playing the game and spending like a prem club should be, at last.

ATB

Mac

Guest fozzie22

the end of the day we aint spent nowhere near 13 mill,maybe just maybe around the 6-7 mill mark tops,so lets not get our chimps hands on our manhoods just yet.

When you compare the price of AJ wth the guy that chelsea have just signed, £30MILL, it puts things in perspective.

top class players dont come cheap. its as simple as that. youve gotta pay what everyone else is prepared to pay, your not gonna get any special treatment.

so these guys arent over-priced theyre market priced. and theres not much you can do about it.

When you compare the price of AJ wth the guy that chelsea have just signed, £30MILL, it puts things in perspective.

top class players dont come cheap. its as simple as that. youve gotta pay what everyone else is prepared to pay, your not gonna get any special treatment.

so these guys arent over-priced theyre market priced. and theres not much you can do about it.

Aj is NOT overpriced, a 20-30 goal striker in the premiership should cost £20-30m.

maybe im biased seeing as the guys a legend, but playing for us in a struggling team with no service from midfield, single-handly nearly kept us up with 21 goals. Top English goalscorer that year, also got some assists that year aswell. With the service you guys have at Everton, arteta is a special player, you will make him chances and he will put them away.

Edited by aj 4 cpfc