• Mikel Arteta
    • Dan Gosling
    • Jack Rodwell

pollresizear5.jpg

_47340346_neville_donovan_pa.jpg

_47340402_bilya_goal_getty.jpg

_47340552_gosling_ap.jpg

_47340594_rodwell_getty.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Fellaini 268

Pienaar 154

Heitinga 136

Saha 109

Cahill 108

Rodwell 94

Baines 83

Bilyaletdinov 78

Hibbert 71

Coleman 70

Osman 67

Howard 61

Donovan 54

Distin 40

Yakubu 24

Duffy 23

Yobo 20

Neill 15

João Alves Jô 10

Neville 9

Vaughan 8

Gosling 6

Arteta 6

Nash 3

Senderos 3

Baxter 3

Agard 2

Anichebe 1

Forshaw 1

Akpan 1

MOTM winners....

Sporting Lisbon (H) Leon Osman

Chelsea (H) Landon Donovan

Liverpool (A) Johnny Heitinga

Wigan (A) Tim Cahill

Sunderland (H) Marouane Fellaini

Birmingham (H) Steven Pienaar

Manchester City (H) Marouane Fellaini

Arsenal (A) Marouane Fellaini

Carlisle (H) Marouane Fellaini

Burnley (H) Steven Pienaar

Sunderland (A) Marouane Fellaini

Birmingham (A) Leighton Baines

BATE Boresov (H)...Shane Duffy

Chelsea (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Tottenham (H)...Seamus Coleman

AEK Athens (A)...Steven Pienaar

Liverpool (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Hull City (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Manchester United (A)...Johnny Heitinga

West Ham (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Benfica (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Aston Villa (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Tottenham (A)...Tony Hibbert

Bolton (A)...Louis Saha

Benfica (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wolves (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Stoke City (H)...Johnny Heitinga

BATE Borisov (A)...Tony Hibbert

Portsmouth (A)...Tim Howard

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (H)...Louis Saha

AEK Athens (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wigan...(H)...Jack Rodwell

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

I've got to say, I'm not an Osman fan, but thought he was fantastic today. Tackled well, ran hard both ways and was creative. Donovan, Pienaar and Distin (unusually) all good I thought.

Sitting at home in Melbourne at 2am writing this and I gotta say its the best feeling. Just wish I could have been at Goodison today to celebrate with the rest of you! I'll have to settle for giving it to all my bandwagon Man Utd mates on Monday.

COYB!!

Leon Osman.... What a player. He has his critics, but I think anyone can see that when Ossie plays in the centre he really is a fantastic player. Great touch, great eye and a monster tackle! Great performance.

Lest we forget Johnny Heitinga, all I have to say on his performance is: "Rooney who?". Jagielka-esque from him today.

Leon Osman.... What a player. He has his critics, but I think anyone can see that when Ossie plays in the centre he really is a fantastic player. Great touch, great eye and a monster tackle! Great performance.

Lest we forget Johnny Heitinga, all I have to say on his performance is: "Rooney who?". Jagielka-esque from him today.

I agree with this but i gave my vote to johnny for keeping Rooney quite all game along with dustbin. Little ossie was great he's such a better player in the middle an is wasted when he plays on the wing. Excellent performance from the whole team 6 points from are last 2 games is amazing lets make it 9 against Tottenham an another win at Sporting will do me fine!

Edited by coxy051

Every single man in a blue shirt deserves recognition today.

Find Dublin's decision to give Rodwell MoM a bit random though...

Neville marshalled the troops from the go, and was a big part of Rooney not getting a sniff.

Not Ossie's bigest fan, but he was a giant today.

Vote goes to Donovan though, for non stop running in both attack and defence. Constant thorn in the side of Man U.

that performance shows why Ossie is my favourite player. In his position, he is fantastic. Comfortable with both feet, never shirks from a challenge, close control brilliant, distribution of the ball and bags of skill. Squad player my arse. I admit, when is on the wing he isnt anywhere near as good, in fact he is terrible. Id rather not play him if hes not in the middle. but in his position, looks like an international (im not just getting carried away here, he has always had the potential for that).

got to mention the back line also. Johnny was a close candidate (again, what a buy he is turning out to be) and Distin marshelled well, doesnt look like the Sporting incident affected him 1 bit. Baines did his part and did it well and Howard didnt have all that much to do. Pip gave his all as usual, but was the worst performer today. His lack of pace was exploited a few times, especially in the secnd half. Saying that though, got his good ol' crunching tackles in!

Donovan was awesome too, was it just me or did he and Pienaar keep switching wings? Either that or he was just everywhere. I thought Arteta had his best game so far, starting to look more like his old self but still a little rusty. Still a good performance. Billy, apart from the goal didnt do much that i noticed, but what a screamer! Rodwell, fantastic goal. Goose played well whilst he was on, hustling all the time. Was really amazed at how much weight he has put on though!

Saha... well, he worked his ass off but often the final ball never made it to him so he was as productive as he couldve been. But he chased the ball, gave their defence (Wes Brown is a joke, god knows how he played for England) a lot to think about.

Im with Iggy, give me the humble pie, its delightful stuff! Nice to see Utd recognise that the best team won. They were poor, and whilst i dont think we were incredible (there were moments in the second half that worried me!) we clearly wanted it more. Overall though, i couldnt be happier! Said it from the beginning of the season 5th is ours. The only thing thats makes me think of changing that is because were now only 8 points behind 4th and we have to play 3 of the 4 teams above us. Dare we dream of Champions League?

Edited by galacticaracnid

Ossie again for me absolutely superb.

There was a point in the first half where they had a corner and Ossies cleared it then was first on hand to charge down the second ball then closed down again to end up forcing the ball all the way back to Uniteds keeper

Just hope all the Ossie knockers remember performances like this the next time he missplaces a pass and they jump on his back

Baines was a close second, surely he has got to get a shout for England

Oh and I hope the anti Baines brigade are eating humble pie as well!

There was a point in the first half where they had a corner and Ossies cleared it then was first on hand to charge down the second ball then closed down again to end up forcing the ball all the way back to Uniteds keeper...

Loved that bit....wife thought we'd scored again because I shouted something like, "...'king brilliant Ossie!!" at the screen :P .

Ossie for me definitely, he's absolutely fantastic in CM, as are Arteta and Pienaar and I can see no reason why we will miss Fellaini at all except for his height. Good to see Rooney having a mare, his touch was abysmal today.

oh and ridiculous decision to give Rodwell motm by Dublin, Rodwell himself looked embarrassed and what a joke when the likes of Osman ran himself into the ground.

that performance shows why Ossie is my favourite player. In his position, he is fantastic. Comfortable with both feet, never shirks from a challenge, close control brilliant, distribution of the ball and bags of skill. Squad player my arse. I admit, when is on the wing he isnt anywhere near as good, in fact he is terrible. Id rather not play him if hes not in the middle. but in his position, looks like an international (im not just getting carried away here, he has always had the potential for that).

got to mention the back line also. Johnny was a close candidate (again, what a buy he is turning out to be) and Distin marshelled well, doesnt look like the Sporting incident affected him 1 bit. Baines did his part and did it well and Howard didnt have all that much to do. Pip gave his all as usual, but was the worst performer today. His lack of pace was exploited a few times, especially in the secnd half. Saying that though, got his good ol' crunching tackles in!

Donovan was awesome too, was it just me or did he and Pienaar keep switching wings? Either that or he was just everywhere. I thought Arteta had his best game so far, starting to look more like his old self but still a little rusty. Still a good performance. Billy, apart from the goal didnt do much that i noticed, but what a screamer! Rodwell, fantastic goal. Goose played well whilst he was on, hustling all the time. Was really amazed at how much weight he has put on though!

Saha... well, he worked his ass off but often the final ball never made it to him so he was as productive as he couldve been. But he chased the ball, gave their defence (Wes Brown is a joke, god knows how he played for England) a lot to think about.

Im with Iggy, give me the humble pie, its delightful stuff! Nice to see Utd recognise that the best team won. They were poor, and whilst i dont think we were incredible (there were moments in the second half that worried me!) we clearly wanted it more. Overall though, i couldnt be happier! Said it from the beginning of the season 5th is ours. The only thing thats makes me think of changing that is because were now only 8 points behind 4th and we have to play 3 of the 4 teams above us. Dare we dream of Champions League?

Yeah they did switch and at one point DM had them start on the side they could cut in on. Donovan on the left, allows him to come in on his right like he wants to , and he plays there more often anyways. I like this as a tactic. They had no clue how to handle those runs...especially as fullbacks would overlap behind them. The build up to Goslings goal was great to watch.

About Goose's weight...to be honest it didn't look like BAD weight, more like muscle actually. Although I'm not positive of course, he looked to get himself about quite efficiently. Great goal, and spacial awarness to make it happen!

I couldn't pick out any individual player but they were all outstanding.

What on earth Sky (Dion Dublin?) were thinking when they gave man of the match to Rodwell! Did they not watch the first 75 minutes of the match? I think the reason they picked him was because they wanted the two lads in the interview.

I think Osman and Pienaar for me, both worked so hard all over the pitch, agree with those saying Osman, i'm not his biggest fan but he worked really hard there, made some important challenges as well as running at them well.

Mention shuold also go to the defence, who gave nothing to Rooney or Berbatov all game (bar the goal), especially Heitinga who has proven against the best in the last 2 games just how much of a rock he is.

What on earth Sky (Dion Dublin?) were thinking when they gave man of the match to Rodwell! Did they not watch the first 75 minutes of the match? I think the reason they picked him was because they wanted the two lads in the interview.

Without taking anything away from Rodwells contribution and superb goal but Sky awarding him Man of the Match is f**king ridiculous and shows a lack of respect to the rest of the team in what was a superb overall performance. I do believe Rodwell admitted as much himself and stated that Osman deserved the award. Quite right to.

Have to admit, I'm not his greatest fan (But I don't often rip him) but for me it was Ossie.

great job by him today, honourable mention too for Heitinga

Im exactly the same Iggy. Im a bit of an Osman critic but yday, i could not fault him at all. Great game!! The atmosphere was immense aswell :) i jumped so hard after Rodwells goal, i've cut my shin and have a huge lump, after landing on the chair in front....oooh Ten haha

Great performance from the lads yesterday. Iv seen the game twice but having being pissed (or at least on my way) both times my memory of the game is a little fuzzy!

Motm for me was Osman. As many have already said his drive, commitment and technical ability were outstanding. As I read somewhere recently if you gave him an exotic sounding name then everyone would be jizzing over him (metaphorically not literally). He will never get into the England squad, but with performances like these week in week out he should at least be giving himself a chance.

Distin and Heitinga played very well together today and it seems they may be forging a decent partnership as they were also very good together against Chelsea. It really is a shame Heitinga isnt elligible for Europe as he really is a class act. He also has a personality which is something thats very rare amongst professional sportsmen nowadays.

Bainesy has another good game, as did Pienaar, Arteta, Donovan, Saha and Howard.

Billy was a bit quiet but he scored an absolute cracker. Im fairly confident he will come good. He seems to struggle with the pace a bit but that will come as technically he is sound.

Neville was Neville. Some moments of poor defending and passing but then also some excellent tackles and covering work. Id always have him there for the big games but against Spurs were Coleman ripped them apart, Id be very tempted to chuck him in, although he would be playing against Modric who was superb off the bench against Wigan today.