IGNORED

Were Should Everton Be Aiming For Next Season?

Moysie will be pushing the squad for a European top six spot no matter what he says in the press. Johnson will be all out to impress along with Van Der Meyde which is a mouth watering prospect if Arteta and Cahill are on form. Assuming we get Lescott all we need is a quality right winger and 6th is doable barring an injury crisis.

Goals have been a problem for so long I think Lineker was the last to score over 20 when we won the league. The goalless draws and one nils we lost last year can be swapped for 3 points if Beattie and Johnson form a good understanding. We are defo better than Wigan, West Ham and Blackburn. Our contendors will be Newcastle who have a good squad and Bolton - boring as fuck but they grind out results although without Okocha they could slide.

Look how we Butchered the start & end's of the last campaign & 6th is not beyond us with additions etc.

However & more realisticly top 10 is a must.

I would just like to see an improvement, continued improvement's until we seriously & regulary contend for the lucrative finishing places.

ok lets look at some of the team we should compete with and/or beat for europe

Newcastle Ameobi up Front with Chopra thier danger is the midfield tbh and until they buy a striker they will have a low scoring campaign

Tottenham Probable 5th place finishers again they play good football but will Berbatov Crack it in england??

Blackburn, Signing Mido Adds Substantial Height to thier attack could be a perfect move by Sparkey, if he keeps bellamy.

West Ham? harder season for them imo they will finish 8th-12th

they have got Owen?

They have at the minute, but for how long???? I also heard that they were after Anelka again, does that mean Owens leaving??? I hope were up in the top 8 next season at the very least, our biggest problem the last few seasons has been goal scoring and with Beatts, AJ, Vaughan and Anichebe we shouldn,t struggle anymore ;) !!!

The one worry i do have is the centre back situation, will Lescott eventually pass a medical, will Yobo or Wier sign a new deal?? I know we have Stubbs who would lay his life down for the club but who else is going to be there with him??? Im just glad its June and not August when this is getting sorted tho!!!

Be interesting to see where about we are at xmas and then see if there are any more exciting signings brought in.

Anywhere in the top ten would be a realistic finish, but we did finish fourth with a worse team than we have now, so on that Basis i am going for top six and probs a decent cup run.

Think it should be Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, Pool, then a group consisting of Spurs, Newcs, and ourselves, battling for the Eufa places.

Edited by toffeelicker

mid tables not good enough. top six, yes!

fa cup. we all know that fa stands for fuck all!

how is it fuck all when its a euopean spot and earns a chunk of money ... and thats not even mentioning just the actual fact of winning a trophy.

also top 6, nah, give it time were not as good as chelsea, arenal, man u, liverpool, spurs, or newcastle, and we'd do well to finish above bolton and blackburn....give it time, we're building for the future, don't expect too much different next season maybe a position or 2 higher i think.....

to make the statement top 6 followed by fa standing for fuck all quite frankly is retarded