IGNORED

Center Midfield

holystove

So at the start of next season, with everyone back and healthy .. we have Osman, Pienaar, Arteta, Fellaini, Cahill and Rodwell who play in center midfield.

I have no idea who to bench from that lot and who gets to play in the middle .. why would Rodwell stay if he doesn't get to play? might as well go sit on the bench for a CL contender. Osman has shown what he can do when played in the right position against Chelsea and ManU. Arteta is probably the best playmaker. Fellaini has shown he can be the best DM in the world on any given day. Cahill has been a great player throughout the decade and his goalscoring really can't be missed. Pienaar is better in the middle, where he gets the space to move around and make things happen, than on the wing.

With Moyes as manager, there's probably thee CM spots available in a 4-5-1 lineup. Gun to head I'd probably say Arteta, Fellaini and Cahill in a more attacking role, but I just as easily would agree with any other combination.

^ agree with above.

I see that Rodwell has to get more game time next season but his position clashes with Fellaini - we can't move Fellaini up the pitch. A nice headache to have, especially if you look at the wing too...personally I would like donovan right, pienaar left and Bily fighting for a place. If we kept everyone fit we could even rotate :o:unsure:

agree with both above. Skippy faces a lot of competition for his place now so dont see him being a shoo-in. Not counting Donovan, because I dont think he will stay (happy for more of that humble pie though, got a few more buttons on the belt!) i would go:

Felli (Rodwell if Screech is unfit)

Billy, Arteta, Peanuts

Ossie (if he plays like he has been if not Skip)

It all depends who is fit to be honest and who isnt...

Edited by galacticaracnid

Unlikely we'll have Donovan.

it is a tough one but no complaints, Fellaini'shad his share of injuries, Rodwell gets the odd injury as well so hopefully it doesn't often become a problem.

"why would Rodwell stay if he doesn't get to play? might as well go sit on the bench for a CL contender. "

I believe we will be CL contenders next season if we don't lose any of our current squad.

It's unlikely that Fellaini will be back for the start of the season so Rodwell will be getting all the preseason and I'm sure he will be first choice on day 1 unless Fellaini has come back earlier than expected.

I wouldn't play Cahill in a regular midfield slot unless I really had to, he's best right up tight behind a single striker.So that makes one less to find a birth, there will nearlly always be one injured :( ....that's two, and there are different types of opponents, that would maybe require a certain type of player in that position, add to that form, and I think that far from being a problem, Moyes will be happy to have so many names.

Arteta still has a way to go before he's at his pre-injury best, Fellaini will need time to get back.....Cahills foot injury/injuries could be an issue with age.

Lot's of midfield players..........Hell, that's just perfect!