IGNORED

Pienaar Arrested

Romey 1878

Two choices!........Punish him, as he deserves!

Or get him Gerrards lawyer :rolleyes:

Ok he's been caught, he should be punished.I would like to believe, that maybe he was silly and was just a tad over the limit....still a prat.

AGAINST... totaly pissed and a major danger to all around him, if so big fine Mr Moyes.

idiot... this could determine if he goes or stays. If we punish him, as we should, then in the summer he could go to another club after feeling hard done to.

Hopefully he will stand up and take responsibility for his actions, hold his hands up and say sorry, i screwed up and sign a new 5 year contract as a sign of intent to make it up to us....

While I don't condone what he's done I just want to ask one thing.

Why should Everton fine him?

He will I assume lose his license and will get a fine from the courts.

Unless I'm wrong and England don't ban people for drink driving?

Of course there's the "role model" thing, well while some people might think it's accepatble to do something because a footballer has done it the fact that he has been caught and then is he loses his license that would clearly show it's not something to copy.

He would also have to come out and say the right things about how he was stupid to do it etc etc.

Depends on how much he values driving if it affects him leaving the club, if he goes to another country I believe he can get a license (having to take a test) and get back on the roads.

While I don't condone what he's done I just want to ask one thing.

Why should Everton fine him?

He will I assume lose his license and will get a fine from the courts.

Unless I'm wrong and England don't ban people for drink driving?

Of course there's the "role model" thing, well while some people might think it's accepatble to do something because a footballer has done it the fact that he has been caught and then is he loses his license that would clearly show it's not something to copy.

He would also have to come out and say the right things about how he was stupid to do it etc etc.

Depends on how much he values driving if it affects him leaving the club, if he goes to another country I believe he can get a license (having to take a test) and get back on the roads.

Why should they fine him? Exactly because of the role-model thing. If he goes unpunished by the club and just the authorities it sends a bad message. If anything, the club should be more harsh. Like a kid at school, if you screwed up and were punished by the teacher did that really bother you? Or was it the parents finding out and adding another punishment on top that was more worrying? I know which one it was for me.

On top of that, it reflects badly on the club and the club has to make it clear that its not acceptable. It lets other players know that it will not be tolerated. Basic rules of discipline. Saying all that, what happened to Baxter?

My point about him leaving is taken after reading that Ashely Cole is apparently pissed with Chelski with how they reacted his private life problems. The big difference is though that Cole is a bigheaded, overrated, overpaid prick who only thinks of himself. Pienaar i would like to believe is a decent human being.

Edited by galacticaracnid

Ok he's been caught, he should be punished.I would like to believe, that maybe he was silly and was just a tad over the limit....still a prat.

AGAINST... totaly pissed and a major danger to all around him, if so big fine Mr Moyes.

ive not found anything saying if he was legless or just over, all the papers are saying the same thing. Anyone else found anything?

ive not found anything saying if he was legless or just over, all the papers are saying the same thing. Anyone else found anything?

Does it really matter? Either way he was over the limit, his ability to drive was impaired. What kind of selfish idiot drives a car after drinking?

Does it really matter? Either way he was over the limit, his ability to drive was impaired. What kind of selfish idiot drives a car after drinking?

not really. i just want to see how big an idiot he was being! I know there have been times that ive only had a pint and felt lightheaded after not eating and drinking in the sun. should i have driven? no (and i didnt, but thats not the point) but i was probably under the limit. There have been sometimes were ive had a few pints with a meal and felt sober as a judge, but i knew in that case i would probably be over the limit. Different bodies and different times of the day in different situations can make you feel alcohol in differnt ways. If he was only over by a little, maybe he didnt know because he didnt feel it. the thing that worries me is that he was caught after celebrating the Utd game and that he was smashed. Then he has no excuse...

Edited by galacticaracnid

It was a horrible decision.

He knows that; got far too carried away with the win.

He'll definetely be fined and most likely release a statement. I don't think it will dictate his relationship with the club and make him want to seek pastures new. That's just an immature reason all together. Wrong is wrong, he was potentially a weapon and is extremely lucky no one was hurt. Hopefully he'll be able to get past this.

What's this about :mellow: ?

"That would mean the player, on top form for Everton recently, might miss the Bafana Bafana World Cup training camp scheduled to begin in Brazil on March 6.

After that, the team will to Germany for another training camp, from April 13 to 28."

Surely we don't have to release him for those?

It seems a bit funny that MailOnline published that he was drunk, I would have assumed they would have to have had that as a statement written by the Police- Otherwise Pienaar has a case for Defamation.

I'm still sceptical about his 'sober' state. After all, all the SA article has is a quote from his mother as evidence- I could just imagine it now, "Hi Mum, Don't worry about what you read - It's fine, I've got to go to court but it's nothing to worry about...Nooo, I wasn't drinking"

I'm sure that would be my line to my Mum too!

What's this about :mellow: ?

"That would mean the player, on top form for Everton recently, might miss the Bafana Bafana World Cup training camp scheduled to begin in Brazil on March 6.

After that, the team will to Germany for another training camp, from April 13 to 28."

Surely we don't have to release him for those?

Mikeo, not sure about that, most of the World Cup nations have a game on Wednesday 3rd inclduing South Africa v Namibia (England play Egypt).

But the league resumes again on the Saturday (we play Hull on Sunday).

There's a comment from someone under that article saying "The coach had already said that it was not necessary for Pienaar to go to Brazil as he was getting enough top shelf game time with Everton."

I would imagine that that would be the case as it would make no sense to take a player away from a first class league to train.

• 2 weeks later...