IGNORED

Pienaar Arrested

Romey 1878

If he signs for a foreign club, he can drive... if he stays here he can't drive until 2011 - it's self inflicted but could influence his decision.

It's not like it'll inconvenience him....the club will provide him with a driver I'm sure. I'd do it...as long as he didn't witter on too much about the "God is Great" stuff <_< .

• 1 month later...

not really sure where to put this, from his Wiki page (i know, may not be the most reliable place!):

Steven Pienaar is being sued by his ex-girlfriend, Danielle Steeneveld, for ZAR10.8million in August 2009 for not marrying her.[6][7] Steeneveld, the mother of Pienaar's daughter Skyla, claims that Pienaar broke a promise to wed and ended their two-year relationship "without just cause", also claiming that Pienaar took away her contraception so she would become pregnant and that her reputation has been tarnished as she is an unmarried mother and "emotionally traumatised"

not marrying her?! how do you sue someone for not marrying you!?

not really sure where to put this, from his Wiki page (i know, may not be the most reliable place!):

not marrying her?! how do you sue someone for not marrying you!?

in some legal systems (like in Belgium) if you're engaged and then one partner unilaterally decides to end it without a reason (or with a bad one), it's considered to be a non-contractual liability.

South Africa must have some sort of similar rule.

EDIT : quick search showed that South Africa is known for awarding moral damages in case of a broken engagement. (reference : F.Mulligan, "Damages for breach", South African Law Journal, 1958, 175.).

Edited by holystove