IGNORED

Who Should Come In And Who Should Go Out

davies

tom cairney was the best player for hull today and scored a great goal today and get that sporting striker in look relly good player plays a bit like nani

Cairney is a quality shout, looked very good today plus as you stay, still young!

Anichebe has got to be an out for me...

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not particularly bothered if we don't sign anyone as long as we keep the team together. I'd possibly let Vaughan go but aside from that keep everyone and if we have a fully fit team I honestly think we can get into the top 4, to be honest I think we could even possibly go for the title - having seen Utd and Chelsea this season. We must have the best midfield in the league, Arteta yesterday showed just how brilliant he is, now his fitness is coming back so is his touch and speed of play, he could be the best midfielder in the league next season, I honestly think he is that good. Pienaar is brilliant, Rodwell looks like he could be the real deal in the attacking midfield position (needs to get involved a little more but he loves getting into the box, has two great feet etc, I now think he would be wasted in defence and he should take over from Cahill) Fellaini or Heitinga could be fantastic DMs and then the only slight weakness is RW. We also have great strength in depth with Osman, Cahill and Bily etc slotting in somewhere when needed. Defence is solid, we also have a lot of cover except at LB. Up front we have the Yak (who is looking like much more like it recently, he could be our long term answer if he keeps this up, he is far more mobile than Saha and his link up play can be sublime) Anichebe (who I think will come through big time) and Saha, we could possibly do with one real quality striker just in case Yak decides to go back to being lazy but hopefully we have enough.

I think we have an awesome squad with some brilliant players as well as some potentially brilliant players coming through. Next season should be the real deal for us, we just need to keep players fit and have a decent start, if we do that I can see us being in the top 3/4 all season. Not only that but I cannot wait to see some of the football, with Arteta, Pienaar, Rodwell, Fellaini, Yakubu in our team some of our football will be electric.

I'm not particularly bothered if we don't sign anyone as long as we keep the team together. I'd possibly let Vaughan go but aside from that keep everyone and if we have a fully fit team I honestly think we can get into the top 4, to be honest I think we could even possibly go for the title - having seen Utd and Chelsea this season. We must have the best midfield in the league, Arteta yesterday showed just how brilliant he is, now his fitness is coming back so is his touch and speed of play, he could be the best midfielder in the league next season, I honestly think he is that good. Pienaar is brilliant, Rodwell looks like he could be the real deal in the attacking midfield position (needs to get involved a little more but he loves getting into the box, has two great feet etc, I now think he would be wasted in defence and he should take over from Cahill) Fellaini or Heitinga could be fantastic DMs and then the only slight weakness is RW. We also have great strength in depth with Osman, Cahill and Bily etc slotting in somewhere when needed. Defence is solid, we also have a lot of cover except at LB. Up front we have the Yak (who is looking like much more like it recently, he could be our long term answer if he keeps this up, he is far more mobile than Saha and his link up play can be sublime) Anichebe (who I think will come through big time) and Saha, we could possibly do with one real quality striker just in case Yak decides to go back to being lazy but hopefully we have enough.

I think we have an awesome squad with some brilliant players as well as some potentially brilliant players coming through. Next season should be the real deal for us, we just need to keep players fit and have a decent start, if we do that I can see us being in the top 3/4 all season. Not only that but I cannot wait to see some of the football, with Arteta, Pienaar, Rodwell, Fellaini, Yakubu in our team some of our football will be electric.

I agree with most of that but I would rather sell Anichebe and keep Vaughan myself. I just really dont rate Anichebe he doesnt do anywhere near enough for me and besides we already have a fat arsed lazy Nigerian forward anyway

Vaughany gives us something different and if he can steer clear of injuries I would play him ahead of Vic any day

I agree with most of that but I would rather sell Anichebe and keep Vaughan myself. I just really dont rate Anichebe he doesnt do anywhere near enough for me and besides we already have a fat arsed lazy Nigerian forward anyway

Vaughany gives us something different and if he can steer clear of injuries I would play him ahead of Vic any day

What you're saying will probably be pretty popular but whenever I watch Vaughan the only thing I think he has going for him is energy, his control is poor, his finishing isn't great, he's not overly strong and only ok in the air. Anichebe is a beast, physically VERY strong, he's direct, he goes towards goal, his control is pretty decent, he has some vision and not a bad shot on him, excellent in the air and his energy and workrate is improving all the time, he just needs to stay injury free. Anichebe has everything needed to be a fantastic striker, he just needs to keep the right mentality, I think he's done a pretty decent job on the wing and his goal should have stood yesterday. Moyes always picks Anichebe over Vaughan, even when Anichebe has hardly trained so you have to assume Moyes rates him higher than Vaughan. Vaughan's control just isn't good enough at the moment. I like Anichebe, he puts himself about and on his day he will be virtually unplayable. He just needs to stay clear of injuries now and get a run up front, he's obviously not going to be a world class winger (although he does a job) but I think he could become a VERY good striker. I certainly would see no sense in selling someone with his raw attributes. Only time will tell though, I certainly think that Saha's playing time should be limited now - I know he's had a good season but we look so much better with the Yak up front when he is on his game, his energy and pace give us so many more options.

Keep Vaughan and Anichebe, both have potential and youth on their side.I can't imagine were paying big bucks in wages for either of them yet.They offer completely different styles, and on their day and fully fit could offer massive problems to opponents if played as strike partners.

Next season we could really fly, if we keep all of our players, add a couple more and be lucky with injuries, I'd say we have as good a chance at top 4 as most.

It's easy to be upbeat after a 5-1 thrashing......not so easy after the Sporting Lisbon game and first half Tottenham.

Bigger picture at the moment is, we do have what looks like a very good squad when all are fit.

I wouldn't want to sell Yobo either, he can still play a big part at Everton.

Keep everyone at the squad at the moment. If we sign donovan then i think we need a maximum three players. We definately need a back up left back because if Baines gets injured then we no comfortable cover for him. Possibly need another striker thats clinical, maybe asking a bit too much there though. Dont think moyes will sign senderos so dont know if he would like an extra centre half as emergency cover. So hopefully in the summer we will sign:

Donovan

Left back cover

Striker?

Extra centre half?

If we get these in the summer then we have one hell of a squad i must say. Definately should target top with that squad. Personally feel we can do it as well.

Donovan If possible i would love us to keep hold of him

Left back cover Joe Mattock would be a good addition also Danny Fox from Burnely would be decent cover/competition for Baines

Striker? I would take a punt on Steven Fletcher from Burnley he's only 22 looks fairly decent infront of goal and can make himself a handfull would be a good foil for Saha

Extra centre half? Dependant on whether we keep hold of both Distin and Senderos and we also have Yobo spare if Moyes goes with Johnny and Jags in the middle

You're not the first person to mention Ossie.

How anyone can consider letting him go after his performance against ManU is totally beyond me. Shows what he's capable of....you can say he doesn't do it often enough but he's not the sort of player who's going to excel when we're playing badly. As part of an Everton on form (which will hopefully be most of the time now) he's a huge asset....not an automatic choice like Arteta & Pienaar but a great squad member. Plus he's one of ours, which counts for something imo.

we haven't got a big enough squad to let players leave...not sure about danny fox didnt we let him leave a few years back cos he wasn't good enough for us? i like mattock he would be good competition for baines i reckon! maybe get a striker in on loan to keep the funds for a right winger(donovan or otherwise) and also we have anichebe and vaughan who i still think will both come good!

right winger and left back for competition and to give baines a rest at times and maybe a striker on loan!

i'd be happy enough with that!

Out

Neville

Yobo

Ossie

Gosling

Baxter

In

New Right back

New Striker

Right winger

Jesus christ get rid of

neville, when he dooesn't play we lack his leadership, never play as well when he isnt in the team. Coincidence, i think not

yobo, I think he has been a good player for us and although he has the odd lapse in concentration, he is a very good back up

ossie, no way, he has been here since the start of his career and although was a red, he now bleeds blue, on his day possibly our best technician

gosling, he is young and seems to have a knack for being in the correct place at the correct time, starting to look a little stronger

baxter, i think we need to give jose a few more years, he is a young lad and has the potential to be a good player.

If it was up to me, i would sell nobody. IMO we need a right winger, cover at left back and a striker (maybe). Although Moyes knows more than all of us. In moyes we trust

in

landon donovan

raid wigan for figueroa, n'zogbia and rodallega

out

nash

jukebox

cahill if we got a good offer

distin(only if we brought in senderos)

vaughan/anichebe(loan)

howard

neville jags heitinga figueroa

pienaar arteta fellaini n'zogbia

saha yakubu

coleman, baines, yobo, rodwell, bily, donovan, rodallega

Jesus christ get rid of

neville, when he dooesn't play we lack his leadership, never play as well when he isnt in the team. Coincidence, i think not

yobo, I think he has been a good player for us and although he has the odd lapse in concentration, he is a very good back up

ossie, no way, he has been here since the start of his career and although was a red, he now bleeds blue, on his day possibly our best technician

gosling, he is young and seems to have a knack for being in the correct place at the correct time, starting to look a little stronger

baxter, i think we need to give jose a few more years, he is a young lad and has the potential to be a good player.

If it was up to me, i would sell nobody. IMO we need a right winger, cover at left back and a striker (maybe). Although Moyes knows more than all of us. In moyes we trust

I couldnt agree more, Neville is a superb club captain and it wouldnt surprise me to see him offered a caoching role at the club when he does retire

I think Ossie is the most underated player at the club if we had paid £10M for him and he had a few more vowels in his name people would probably love him. I have never understood the stick he gets even if he doesnt make peoples starting XI surely people can see the benefit of haveing a player like him on the bench

As for Yobo fair enough he has always got a mistake in him but he is still light years ahead of Distin and Senderos for me and I would be sad to see him go

I dont think Danny Fox or Joe Mattock are anywhere near good enough I would say they are both decent Championship players at best and I cant beleive pete0 wnats to drop Bainsey and replace him with Figueroa...... well no actually I can

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

You're not the first person to mention Ossie.

How anyone can consider letting him go after his performance against ManU is totally beyond me. Shows what he's capable of....you can say he doesn't do it often enough but he's not the sort of player who's going to excel when we're playing badly. As part of an Everton on form (which will hopefully be most of the time now) he's a huge asset....not an automatic choice like Arteta & Pienaar but a great squad member. Plus he's one of ours, which counts for something imo.

Starting with the last bit 1st, he isnt. He is a redsh*te.

The man united game was a one off and he has done it in the past, playing well in 1 game and Evertonians suddenly think he is good when he quite clearly is never going to cut it on a regular basis. He is 28 now, when is he ever going to cut it? Sell him to a lower league side and let him shine

Jesus christ get rid of

Oh dear, another victim of the con job that his Neville's fabled leadership. We struggled when Pienaar was out and not Neville, we started playing well again (after the derby) when Pienaar came back and players started playing in there proper position again.

This nonsense that it was Neville is a disgrace to players who are worthy of the shirt, not this nobody who has the skill factor of a newt, he isnt good enough and never will be.

Agree on Yobo to an extent, but he has lost it and doesnt look like ever coming to back to the Yobo we know he can play like.

Ossie our best technician? Not worthy of a comment, its just plain wrong

Gosling, No skill, no pace. Dont be distracted by 1 deflected goal and 1 goal from 6 yards out with a open goal.

Out

Neville

Yobo

Ossie

Gosling

Baxter

In

New Right back

New Striker

Right winger

they would be very bad moves.

i'd be tempted to sell either distin or yobo to raise some funds if we get senderos on a free. other than that though i wouldn't really let anyone go, maybe the yak if we could get what we paid (unlikely unless spurs are in) and a decent replacement.

work the free transfer market, back-up left back, and maybe beckford so we could send jv or vic out on loan for a season.

right winger is the one area i think that we really need to make a deal, would like donovan back ideally but hleb would be nice ;)

in

landon donovan

raid wigan for figueroa, n'zogbia and rodallega

out

nash

jukebox

cahill if we got a good offer

distin(only if we brought in senderos)

vaughan/anichebe(loan)

howard

neville jags heitinga figueroa

pienaar arteta fellaini n'zogbia

saha yakubu

coleman, baines, yobo, rodwell, bily, donovan, rodallega

figueroa over baines? put the pipe down!

Fair enough, either way he is had enough time to cement a place and it isnt going to happen. We all know it isnt

He's played 185 games in six seasons, that's thirty plus a year during our most successful period for twenty years.

Came seventh in our player of the season last year behind Pienaar, Jagielka, Fellaini, Baines, Arteta and Cahill and won four man of the matches.

If you're suggesting we should only keep players who are cemented into a first team place we'd have a squad of eleven.

We need depth and he's a very decent player.

He's played 185 games in six seasons, that's thirty plus a year during our most successful period for twenty years.

Came seventh in our player of the season last year behind Pienaar, Jagielka, Fellaini, Baines, Arteta and Cahill and won four man of the matches.

If you're suggesting we should only keep players who are cemented into a first team place we'd have a squad of eleven.

We need depth and he's a very decent player.

We dont need squad players, we need 1st teamers to take us on thus leaving the 1st teamers who arent good enough to become the squad player. The term flogging a dead horse is an accurate description of Ossie

I'm all for the Jose Mourinho 2 quality players for each position so...

...........................Howard/Mucha....................

Neville/Hibbert...Heitinga/Yobo..Jags/Distin...Baines/???

........................Fellaini/??? ....................

..................Arteta/Osman.....Cahill/Rodwell..........

Anichebe/Gosling...............................Pienaar/Bily

..........................Yak/Saha/(Vaughan)................

Based on this...

- we need back-up for baines

- we need another (defensive)central midfielder

- we need a right winger (we look poor optionwise on the right without dovovan)

- we could do with another striker

- maybe it's time for coleman to challenge nev for rb over hibbo

I'm not going to start naming replacements but some players (kind of realistic) who I would have are...

- lee/ muamba (bolton)

- behrami/faubert (west ham)

- rodellega/ n'zogbia/ mccarthy (wigan)

- dorrans (west brom)

- fletcher (burnley)

- cattermole/ bent (sunderland)

- cairney (hull)

- o'hara/jenas/bentley/naughton (spurs)

I'm all for the Jose Mourinho 2 quality players for each position so...

...........................Howard/Mucha....................

Neville/Hibbert...Heitinga/Yobo..Jags/Distin...Baines/???

........................Fellaini/??? ....................

..................Arteta/Osman.....Cahill/Rodwell..........

Anichebe/Gosling...............................Pienaar/Bily

..........................Yak/Saha/(Vaughan)................

Based on this...

- we need back-up for baines

- we need another (defensive)central midfielder

- we need a right winger (we look poor optionwise on the right without dovovan)

- we could do with another striker

- maybe it's time for coleman to challenge nev for rb over hibbo

I'm not going to start naming replacements but some players (kind of realistic) who I would have are...

- lee/ muamba (bolton)

- behrami/faubert (west ham)

- rodellega/ n'zogbia/ mccarthy (wigan)

- dorrans (west brom)

- fletcher (burnley)

- cattermole/ bent (sunderland)

- cairney (hull)

- o'hara/jenas/bentley/naughton (spurs)

quite a nice in depth assessment although, i'd say gosling shouldn't be considered for the right, but in the middle. rodwell to the ? next to fellaini or maybe neville with coleman being another option at rb? and also bily i don't think should be considered for the left either, again in the middle.

so with that said, i think...

back-up left back as you said.

right winger is a necessity

back-up left winger

depending on who's available as you said maybe another striker, beckford?

from you're list of potential targets, wouldn't go near jenas or naughton, fletcher, behrami, fabuert but the others could work well although i don't see any of them being too cheap and i don't think many of them would slot into a fully fit 11. i think you could make the squad stronger with the sale of the yak and distin/yobo...but i'd only accept that if the money got put back into the team and in that case we'd certainly need to invest up top as as well as other areas so it might not be worth it (depending on the budget we'll get anyway).

has martin petrov signed a new deal yet? might be a cheap short-term fix on the wing...don't like him massively as a person, but with our budget...

Edited by CraccerC

We deemed Jags and Baines as not good enough as well, they're not doing too badly these days are they?

true but i think fox got more time than these two and also hasn't been away as long as they have either...not done enough in my opinion and won't ever get better than he is...which isn't good enough for our back up

We dont need squad players, we need 1st teamers to take us on thus leaving the 1st teamers who arent good enough to become the squad player. The term flogging a dead horse is an accurate description of Ossie

I think you're the red. Not Ossie. It's clear the man loves the club, and while he might not be a world beater he is good enough to be a squad player in the great majority of teams.