IGNORED

Who Should Come In And Who Should Go Out

davies

I think you're the red. Not Ossie. It's clear the man loves the club, and while he might not be a world beater he is good enough to be a squad player in the great majority of teams.

I love the club, does this mean i should play as well? No thats just stupid. Ossie is never going to be able to push us on as he hasnt got it in his locker. Cant say i would be overly bothered if he does stay but he should no longer be a regular 1st teamer

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the club, does this mean i should play as well? No thats just stupid. Ossie is never going to be able to push us on as he hasnt got it in his locker. Cant say i would be overly bothered if he does stay but he should no longer be a regular 1st teamer

Ossie is a decent little player and a good person to have around and in the squad. I think someone's living in a FM fantasy world. Why get rid of someone who will be part of the squad each week and won't fetch a great deal of money anyway? We might as well keep him here. I don't think anyone thinks he'sfirst 11 anyway, but he has a role to play.

Ossie is a decent little player and a good person to have around and in the squad. I think someone's living in a FM fantasy world. Why get rid of someone who will be part of the squad each week and won't fetch a great deal of money anyway? We might as well keep him here. I don't think anyone thinks he'sfirst 11 anyway, but he has a role to play.

But if selling him means we can generate money towards everyones fav yank, would you take it?

But if selling him means we can generate money towards everyones fav yank, would you take it?

But if what your saying is correct, selling Osman will not get us much money!

He's not on a huge wage here, and on his day he's way better than average.No brainer really.....Only a fool would want to sell Ossie!

And my favourite American is Howard.

But if what your saying is correct, selling Osman will not get us much money!

He's not on a huge wage here, and on his day he's way better than average.No brainer really.....Only a fool would want to sell Ossie!

And my favourite American is Howard.

I didnt say he wouldnt generate much money, someone else did.

My fav yank is the one who doesnt play for us! LOL

I didnt say he wouldnt generate much money, someone else did.

My fav yank is the one who doesnt play for us! LOL

read it again...he never said you did say that! he is saying we wont get much money for him if he is so shite which you seem to believe so it wouldnt be worth selling him..

read it again...he never said you did say that! he is saying we wont get much money for him if he is so shite which you seem to believe so it wouldnt be worth selling him..

We would get about 2m for him i reckon. Someone like Leeds would love him and he would be great in the championship

cant believe talk of selling ossie. im not his biggest fan, only due to knowing on his day he can be the best player on the pitch, but not often enough. mike gave the facts - 30 plus games a season in our most successful period in 20 years. been a great player for the club, done himself and the club a great service. no complaints.

cant believe talk of selling ossie. im not his biggest fan, only due to knowing on his day he can be the best player on the pitch, but not often enough. mike gave the facts - 30 plus games a season in our most successful period in 20 years. been a great player for the club, done himself and the club a great service. no complaints.

You said it all there. Not often enough

not often enough for a starting 11 no and with a full squad he wouldnt get in that 11 i think people have agreed on that! seem to forget half the season he was played on the right wing and we all know he is useless there but he has two good feet and very skilful and quick-footed...a great in around the box midfielder and also pops up with a few goals!

http://www.sport.co.uk/features/Football/839/Should_Fabio_Capello_take_a_look_at_Everton%E2%80%99s_Leon_Osman.aspx

Something else to think about....only one player has played in all eight of our wins over the "big four" in the last six years.

Guess who it is :)?

(three clues...it's not Yobo, TC or Hibbo)

And the only decent performance out of them was the last one

I'm all for the Jose Mourinho 2 quality players for each position so...

...........................Howard/Mucha....................

Neville/Hibbert...Heitinga/Yobo..Jags/Distin...Baines/???

........................Fellaini/??? ....................

..................Arteta/Osman.....Cahill/Rodwell..........

Anichebe/Gosling...............................Pienaar/Bily

..........................Yak/Saha/(Vaughan)................

Based on this...

- we need back-up for baines

- we need another (defensive)central midfielder

- we need a right winger (we look poor optionwise on the right without dovovan)

- we could do with another striker

- maybe it's time for coleman to challenge nev for rb over hibbo

I'm not going to start naming replacements but some players (kind of realistic) who I would have are...

- lee/ muamba (bolton)

- behrami/faubert (west ham)

- rodellega/ n'zogbia/ mccarthy (wigan)

- dorrans (west brom)

- fletcher (burnley)

- cattermole/ bent (sunderland)

- cairney (hull)

- o'hara/jenas/bentley/naughton (spurs)

Actually, I'd look at it as having adequate cover for each position, and since we will probably/hopefully never be anywhere near where Chelsea are in terms of investment we'll have to do it with a lot less players.

The way it is now I believe we have one of the better squads in the premiership, and with a lot less bad luck in pre-season and with injuries I believe we will be Top 4 contenders without a doubt next year.

GK: We have Tim Howard, and Mucha looks to be coming in with Slovakia being a bit of a dark horse in Europe I think, hopefully he can pan out like Cech. If we can keep Ruddy or Turner then I feel we are covered for most uncertainties.

RB: I'd say we have 2 real contenders for this place, Hibbert and Neville, none of which I feel is really on a par with Baines as his form stands. I wouldn't say it's a priority to improve RB though. We have Coleman coming through, and Yobo and Heitinga can both cover if needed. I remember Gosling filling in here for a bit as well?

CB pairing: Jags, Yobo, Heitinga, Distin and Duffy. At least 3 of these are upperhalf PL centrebacks, and hopefully Duffy can keep maturing. I'd sign Senderos if he came on a free and can't see anyone paying close to what we payed for Distin so might as well keep him.

LB: No real alternative to Baines here, not even one of the centrebacks (or Hibbert/Coleman who've been tried). Maybe the norwegian mentioned in january if he's not to expensive. This position is where we have the least cover I feel.

DM: Fellaini in top form will dominate this position. For cover we have Neville and Heitinga, but playing without an anchorman here seems crazy with the players we have. I actually reckon Rodwell's done a good job here as well.

CM-pairing: This is where we have a bit of a surplus. Rodwell, Arteta, Cahill, Osman, Gosling and Pienaar can all play here. Arteta, Cahill and Osman should be first picks for these positions with Rodwell not far off. I feel Pienaar should be operating in a wandering LW position.

LW: Bilyaletdinov or Pienaar. I feel Bily with a summer vacation will return rested and in better form than what he has been but I think Peanuts has the drop here, and the link up play with Baines has been wonderful.

RW: Another problematic position with Donovan leaving. I suppose both Bily and Pienaar could play here as well, as could Anichebe, Osman and Gosling but all five have other preferred positions. Even if he's been really good and we don't end up getting him, Lando's shown what we lack down the right. Pace and the ability to take the defender on, and there must be a couple of bargains out there to have a look at.

Lone striker: As with the CM-pairing, maybe even worse. Yakubu, Saha, Anichebe and Vaughan are all mainly strikers and each of them poses their problem. The Yak dozes off and is a bit lazy at times, should he succeed in finding his form again though we have a top-class striker capable of 20 goals a season (proven). Saha is so injury-prone it's ridiculous as well as sad, disregarding that he is the best we have in terms of completeness as a striker as he is pacy, world-class control, a good shot and capable of doing the work. Anichebe has drops in concentration and looks a bit clumsy at times, but he is big and strong which looks to be what we'd need from a lone striker. Vaughan has been plagued by so many injuries I feel next season will be make or break for him, either he gives a good showing of the potential that seems to be there or we need to offload him.

I'd say a class right winger needs to be sorted as soon as the transfer window opens, with Lando's characteristics if it doesn't turn out to be him. Cover for leftback is second priority should, god forbidding, Baines have an injury we're pretty much stranded. If we're after another striker my only concern is we'd probably have to get rid of a couple of players to do that if we're to find anyone worthwhile and who's been somewhat proven. I'd try and sell both the Yak and Anichebe or Vaughan if we have a world-class finisher in mind. Otherwise I don't think it's worth the hassle.

View PostStevO, on 10 Mar 2010 - 12:54, said:

You said it all there. Not often enough

how many of those games has he been forced to play on the wing because of a skeleton squad? I bet you when the boss said "i need someone to play out of position on the right, any volenteers?" his hand was 1st up. He gives his all every game and is usually the player who doesnt get the headlines. Blue through and through.

Ossie is my favourite player, so i maybe biased. But when he is in centre of midfield he is awesome, on the wing he is rubbish. Comfortable with 2 feet, cracking touch and skill, strong for a short guy and clever. Oh, and he scores some crackers. I dont mind seeing him being critisized because he deserves it sometimes, like any other player, but to sell him is just offensive, shortsighted and down right stupid...

just read back a bit further and came to the conclusion that youre an idiot.

Edited by galacticaracnid

how many of those games has he been forced to play on the wing because of a skeleton squad? I bet you when the boss said "i need someone to play out of position on the right, any volenteers?" his hand was 1st up. He gives his all every game and is usually the player who doesnt get the headlines. Blue through and through.

Ossie is my favourite player, so i maybe biased. But when he is in centre of midfield he is awesome, on the wing he is rubbish. Comfortable with 2 feet, cracking touch and skill, strong for a short guy and clever. Oh, and he scores some crackers. I dont mind seeing him being critisized because he deserves it sometimes, like any other player, but to sell him is just offensive, shortsighted and down right stupid...

just read back a bit further and came to the conclusion that youre an idiot.

Any one of us can give 100% to the cause so that arguement is completely stupid, we have moved on from commited footballers now. He isnt skillfull or quick enough for the wing and the last united game aside isnt strong and powerful enought to compete with the big boys in the centre. He is a saleable assest who we could afford to get rid of without damaging the 1st team too much while generating funds towards a player who could take us forward. In a full strength squad he wouldnt get near the 11, so which one of us is offensive, shortsighted and down right stupid?

Edited by toffeeblue

Any one of us can give 100% to the cause so that arguement is completely stupid, we have moved on from commited footballers now. He isnt skillfull or quick enough for the wing and the last united game aside isnt strong and powerful enought to compete with the big boys in the centre. He is a saleable assest who we could afford to get rid of without damaging the 1st team too much while generating funds towards a player who could take us forward. In a full strength squad he wouldnt get near the 11, so which one of us is offensive, shortsighted and down right stupid?

bigcupofshutthefuckup.jpg

Your pissing everybody off big time, Give it a rest.

Agree to disagree, You'd better have a rethink about the NO mate, or you might not be around much longer. :angry:

When you tell the others to stop replying to it, i will stop as well. Or does it only work in a one way street on this place? As for the last bit i see the admin have already give me a clear indication of the type of place it is

I have told you to stop, just because they have different views than you doesnt mean you have to continually reply and argue the same point time and time again.

Have sent you a PM, take heed.

"The Art Of Killing Conversation"

By Bill The Admin

You would think it was an Everton forum to discuss Everton matters, but i guess this place is too busy for such things....oh wait :unsure:

wow dude. you're still going on about this? Fine, you think Ossie is rubbish, but you also think Pip is a shite cap'n. Can't see how you came to either of those conclusions but whatever I guess you're entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is.

And I'm pretty sure that there is a difference between discussion of "Everton matters" and the countless pages of ridiculous, mindless drivel that you post.

not skilful?? joe cole said he was one of the most skilful players he has played with(in england youth) and also tim howard said he is the most skilful player he has played with and he was at united so i can't see how you can say he isnt a skilled footballer...

do you just want 11 players to play the whole season?? its a squad game now and you wantin get rid of a talented player who is more than worthy of being in this squad then you are the shortsighted one

Sitting the fence here I can see why people would get rid of Ossie, he is quite inconsistent. But I couldn't see us getting a decent replacement in for less than what we would sell Ossie for.

Moyes can't really afford to make losses on his players at the moment so unless he gets a load of cash and he can afford to buy World-class squad players I think Ossie is an asset to the squad.

The problem with Leon is that he has played out of position so many times, and is useless anywhere but in the centre. However, even when he plays centre mid he has games where he plays better than anyone else (eg game against man utd) but then there are times where he goes missing (previous derby match).

By selling him:

• We get little money from his sale

By keeping him:

• We keep a home-grown player who has been with EFC since age 10
  • Have squad depth (which has helped this year!)
  • We have someone who doesn't play for high wages

So to sell him we have not much to gain compared to keeping him. If the argument were whether Ossie should have a starting role with a fully fit team, then I would say depending on form he would be on the bench.