#201 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:39

i think i'd rather have phillips as it is what we need more for me

We need someone who is more likely to fall over his own feet than put a decent cross in? He's got all the pace in the world but no end product so I wouldn't want him.

#202 Matt

Matt

United we stand, divided we fall...

• Cyber Steward
  • 29,179 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:42

i do rate SWP but he is too light weight. Ireland looked incredible at the start of the season (or was it last season - im still not awake) and has more to his game. SWP is quick, thats it.

#203 marcopaulo

marcopaulo

marcopaulo - pun lover

• Members
  • 13,679 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:47

We need someone who is more likely to fall over his own feet than put a decent cross in? He's got all the pace in the world but no end product so I wouldn't want him.

he's not that bad he just never gets a run in the team and with johnson and bellamy playing like they are i can't see him getting in..if he got a decent run in the side he would be a great buy if you ask me! we all know moyes can get the best out of players and i think he could get it out of phillips too

as for ireland...good player but would cost too much and we already have options in the middle..too high maintenance aswell if you ask me

Edited by marcopaulo, 08 May 2010 - 10:48.

#204 c1982

c1982

COYB!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,378 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:20

he's not that bad he just never gets a run in the team and with johnson and bellamy playing like they are i can't see him getting in..if he got a decent run in the side he would be a great buy if you ask me! we all know moyes can get the best out of players and i think he could get it out of phillips too

as for ireland...good player but would cost too much and we already have options in the middle..too high maintenance aswell if you ask me

I'm with you, the main thing we are missing is pace - the ability to spring someone on the break. At the moment when we break down an attack our outlets are pienaar, yak, saha, etc who have got the skills to hold the ball up and get other players in but with someone like SWP he has the pace to go more direct. You look at villa and spurs with young/ag-bang-a-whore and lennon and they are so dangerous with their pace on the counter - I think we're a better footballing team than both but we just lack the pace in wide areas.

*** another point I say with a pinch of salt, say arsenal do go in for SWP, where does this leave walcott? (probably more central role at arse) but if there's anyone who could get the best out of him, it'd be moyes!!! (wishful thinking!!!)

#205 Tricky Trev

Tricky Trev

Alan Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 22:03

Why bother talking about those type of players at City? Wages are fucking daft :blink:

#206 bluenoseyankee

bluenoseyankee

The Love Child of Fellaini's Fro & Pienaar's Cornrow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 15:47

and we all know that the players at City would rather sit and be paid than play and get a bit less. wankers.

#207 jayc3

jayc3

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:27

Does anyone fancy roque santa cruz as our new number 9. can't really see him gettin a regular game next season for citeh and i think they may let him go for around £10 million. whenever he's played against us he has looked dangerous and his goal scoring record aint bad. Ok he's not prolific but his all round game would benefit our stlye of play alot. On top of him my other ins/outs would be:

ins
beckford (free)
ledley (free)
ireland (8 million)

outs
yakubu (8-10 million)
vaughan (3 million)

#208 Matt

Matt

• Cyber Steward
  • 29,179 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:38

Does anyone fancy roque santa cruz as our new number 9. can't really see him gettin a regular game next season for citeh and i think they may let him go for around £10 million. whenever he's played against us he has looked dangerous and his goal scoring record aint bad. Ok he's not prolific but his all round game would benefit our stlye of play alot. On top of him my other ins/outs would be:

ins
beckford (free)
ledley (free)
ireland (8 million)

outs
yakubu (8-10 million)
vaughan (3 million)

No. Injured too often, wages will be astronmical.

Ireland yes (if he drops his wages), Beckford (for making money out of nothing and maybe getting a decent striker) yes, Ledley no.

Yak - give til Jan, if hes still a lazy bugger no less than 10m
JV - its not going to happen for him, yes.

2 signings for me, Pienaar new contract, Donovan if possible. Both Yak and Saha on their day can bang in goals for fun, they just need to put in the effort.

Edited by galacticaracnid, 21 May 2010 - 07:39.

#209 TC.

TC.

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:38

No, he's shit. Didn't even rate him that highly at Blackburn, and certainly don't rate him at all at City.

#210 Matt

Matt

• Cyber Steward
  • 29,179 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:36

No, he's shit. Didn't even rate him that highly at Blackburn, and certainly don't rate him at all at City.

ok there is this too, but i was trying to be more subtle! :D

#211 Lowensda

Lowensda

A force to be reckoned with, I reckon

• Members
  • 14,817 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:46

My view thrice. Had one good season (debut) and has dramatically fallen away, was suprised Manshitee paid as much as they did, Blackburn should have been laughin...!

#212 DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:53

ins
beckford (free)
ledley (free)
ireland (8 million)

outs
yakubu (8-10 million)
vaughan (3 million)

Your right his goal scoring record is fucking piss poor so a big fat NO

#213 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 14:21

The Santa Cruz thread fitted better in here.

And it's a no from me too.

#214 TC.

TC.

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 14:27

ok there is this too, but i was trying to be more subtle! :D

:D It's always fun to be very frank in those situations Spidey ;)

#215 LexKing

LexKing

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:33

Well, first of all, i think its gonna be different summer than couple earliers. And with a weird way. I dont think we urgently need anyone in, if we can keep this team, and hopefully we will have all of them 100% fit when next season starts(and ofc for a most of the season, ONE TIME! :) ). Anyway, our worst position lately has been right defense, and i think its gonna be Seamus this season, who will step up and take that place. He has been loan and got tough games division lover, wich have to be good for him, he did look good when he were playing with us also last season. And i would like to see some1 influential dribbling winger for us also(well, this is a neverending dream). I loved Donovan, hes pace were very useful for us, but i think he is impossible to get. Probably the first summer for a long time that doesnt have to check every hour have we got any1 in :D

#216 Lowensda

Lowensda

• Members
  • 14,817 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:00

I have a genuine feeling this season, that besides no Europe, we'll make a decent signing. Not world class ness, but a Marque signing to show our intent and ambition to the other players who've commited themselves. I know we don;t have that much money but i rekon for one player, we would.

If we are looking for a 'non' name player (i.e someone whos value isn't affected by their rep), i'd like to see Pedro León from Getafe. Has been awesome this season, he's 6'0ft, got bags of skill, has pace ( :o ) and can score from set peices. He's arguably one of the best players outside the 'big' boys of Spain and reall really looks the part.

Edited by tenaciousj, 23 May 2010 - 09:24.

#217 marcopaulo

marcopaulo

marcopaulo - pun lover

• Members
  • 13,679 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:24

stephen ireland is putting a transfer request in according to SSN..i'd love him but we don't have the money to buy him and what we need i don't think so i can't imagine it happening..but thought i'd stick it here anyways as it is mentioned earlier in the thread about him :D get ready for the rumours!

#218 nutmegwolf203

nutmegwolf203

Move Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:55

Balotelli...his attitude, when harnessed in the right way, has never met the likes of David Moyes. He'd be brilliant.

#219 TC.

TC.

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 07:17

Balotelli...his attitude, when harnessed in the right way, has never met the likes of David Moyes. He'd be brilliant.

Not a chance in the world of that happening. If we had the cash I'd consider it but we don't so it's a big no.

#220 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 07:32

You do know we haven't got a pot to piss in right?

#221 nutmegwolf203

nutmegwolf203

Move Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 06:46

I mean...I was just assuming he'd opt out of his current contract to come to Goodison...

#222 Peter

Peter

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 20:01

Pienaar and Yak out apparently,
round abouts 20-25 mil for the pair.

As mentioned Pedro Leon, or mexican Andres Guardado, who both fit the bill as pacey wingers but capable of doubling in other areas. They both seem like hard workers as well, and seems to fit Moyes' mold..

I'd say we need a striker but no one springs to mind in the right price-range. Ola Toivonen could serve as a long term investment but I think he'd be to expensive and to similar to what we have, we need someone who's a proven goalscorer (preferably in the PL)..

#223 BibbledyBoo

BibbledyBoo

Anders Limpar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 20:09

Pedro Leon, Yes. Andres Guardado, BIG YES. Ola Toivonen, Yes
Will we get them, no

#224 dave

dave

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 Jun 2010 - 18:23

we should get Jan Vertonghen and Hatem Ben Afra and some frees

#225 Guest_blueboy122_*

Guest_blueboy122_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 Jun 2010 - 21:54

well in mate. great post.

#226 Lowensda

Lowensda

• Members
  • 14,817 posts

Posted 22 Jun 2010 - 09:46

Alexis Sanchez. Decided now, i love him too :wub: I want Sanchez!

#227 dave

dave

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 Jun 2010 - 17:36

maybe orzil german player

#228 The Regulator

The Regulator

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 Jun 2010 - 17:53

if ozil came to the prem it wouldn't be with us ;)

#229 Bailey

Bailey

Kevin Ratcliffe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,248 posts

Posted 22 Jun 2010 - 18:29

I think I heard somewhere that Luca Toni has been released by his club (Bayern?)... I would be mildly interested if it wasnt for the astronomical wages!

#230 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 22 Jun 2010 - 18:58

I think I heard somewhere that Luca Toni has been released by his club (Bayern?)... I would be mildly interested if it wasnt for the astronomical wages!

I thought he was signing for someone back in Italy?

#231 Peter H

Peter H

IKEA

• Members
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 22 Jun 2010 - 19:09

Pedro Leon, Yes. Andres Guardado, BIG YES. Ola Toivonen, Yes
Will we get them, no

Ola Toivonen is one of my favourite players. Deffo one for the future. I would like to see Uche at Everton. He is having a good game tonight. Looks interesting. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalu_Uche

Edited by Peter H, 22 Jun 2010 - 19:14.

#232 Matt

Matt

• Cyber Steward
  • 29,179 posts

Posted 23 Jun 2010 - 08:42

not a chance, overrated cheatin actor.

#233 marcopaulo

marcopaulo

marcopaulo - pun lover

• Members
  • 13,679 posts

Posted 23 Jun 2010 - 09:23

i mentioned toni a few months ago and they wanted to stone me round these parts :lol:

#234 Lowensda

Lowensda

• Members
  • 14,817 posts

Posted 23 Jun 2010 - 12:13

i mentioned toni a few months ago and they wanted to stone me round these parts :lol:

Still do...! Grrr...! lol messin :P

#235 dave

dave

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 Jul 2010 - 20:33

tom crainey of hull

#236 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 02 Jul 2010 - 08:57

tom crainey of hull

You're like one of those sneaky farters; you drop and run.

#237 Rubecula

Rubecula

COFFIN DODGER

• Members
  • 6,335 posts

Posted 02 Jul 2010 - 09:12

You're like one of those sneaky farters; you drop and run.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Jeez I am choking here.

I think in fact that we should jump in and sign David Villa from under Citeh's noses, just to show who is the biggest club. :lol:

#238 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 02 Jul 2010 - 09:16

I think in fact that we should jump in and sign David Villa from under Citeh's noses, just to show who is the biggest club. :lol:

You're a wee bit behind the times Rube, he signed for Barca this summer :lol:.

#239 Rubecula

Rubecula

COFFIN DODGER

• Members
  • 6,335 posts

Posted 02 Jul 2010 - 09:41

Yeah, well I have not been very well :lol: :lol:

#240 FairWooney

FairWooney

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 02 Jul 2010 - 09:53

romey maybe the thought of Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Pedro, Marquez and Alves all attacking and setting him up goals might scare him so much he'll want to move again!

He was the main man at Valencia, we'll let him keep that role if he wants to move on to us! :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users