IGNORED

Who Should Come In And Who Should Go Out

davies

mustve been an old story because theres nothing anywhere to suggest he has signed a new contract, other than the one at the end of last year...

Sky Sports News are normally quite reliable and they ran the story on Wednesday & Thursday

Unfortunately I havent got a link but it basically said Donovan, who spent time on loan at Everton earler this year, has signed a new four year contract with MLS.

The fact that it mentioned his loan spell with us and the fact it was SSN tend to make me think it was genuine. If it is an old story then it is remarkably poor journalism from Sky

Maybe some of the American lads on here can shed some light on it?

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky Sports News are normally quite reliable and they ran the story on Wednesday & Thursday

Unfortunately I havent got a link but it basically said Donovan, who spent time on loan at Everton earler this year, has signed a new four year contract with MLS.

The fact that it mentioned his loan spell with us and the fact it was SSN tend to make me think it was genuine. If it is an old story then it is remarkably poor journalism from Sky

Maybe some of the American lads on here can shed some light on it?

Just had a quick scope around tinternet and it looks like shite reporting mate............Last deal was signed mid December.

Hi everyone, been a while since I have posted. Love the new, fresh forum. Sweeet. Which brings me to my post.....

The who should we sign question that looms like a damp squib waiting to happen every year for us blues. Well, after reading about our interest in Scharner, I just had to find an outlet to 'vent' off. We have made solid and steady progress by bringing in young and progressive talent under Moyes, with the odd expception and there are not many 30+ players that make a positive or significant impact. I certainly would not view Scharner as a player of that calibre, and I think he would be best placed to accept he is going down with a team that resembles his level of ability. Any hooo. Although he is free, he would still want to be paid. I would much rather we continue to bring in and nurture some up and coming talent, as it is clear we have the basis of a very effective, well balanced squad.

For example: Ajax have a plethora of upcoming midfield talent at the moment. In particular, I fancy Christen Erikson ( not literally ). He is a player that can control a game and has a great football brain. Seems to pick out passes that nobody else sees and is able to slow down or pick the pace of the game up to suit. Would cost a bit, as there are a good few clubs looking at him I believe, but nevertheless, would be just the ticket, and would probably cost less than Defour and may even be easier to obtain. As for strikers, what about Sam Baldock from MK Dons??? Small, penaly box finisher. We seem to have plaenty of great player getting balls in and plenty of people winning crosses and long balls. We could do with someone in those tight areas to 'finish' clinically. He's a terrier of a player and has a great eye for goal. Again, he may cost a bit as he is English and has played for England U20, but, cheaper than any established player at home or abroad, probably.

I have no doubt that Moyes will pull another 'rabbit out of the hat' this summer, and there have been rumours, as usual, of us 'scouting' many players. But our lack of financial clout and failure to qualify for european competition this year is going to have a significant impact on transfers.

Edited by BlueBri

didn't know where to put this, probably needs moving.

anyway, in light of the recent talk with kenny about the squad and with most of us recognising that we don't have cover at left back, anyone for Wilfred Bouma now he's been told he can leave. could be a decent enough option for a year or 2 perhaps and enable us to spend money elsewhere? granted he's not a world beater, but international that's capable of atleast pushing baines which is somethign we don't currently have

Edited by CraccerC

didn't know where to put this, probably needs moving.

anyway, in light of the recent talk with kenny about the squad and with most of us recognising that we don't have cover at left back, anyone approach the lad now he's been told he can leave. could be a decent enough option for a year or 2 perhaps and enable us to spend money elsewhere? granted he's not a world beater, but international that's capable of atleast pushing baines which is somethign we don't currently have

his injuries would be a worry but on a freebie for a year would be okay with an option for a second year

Out:

Not sure. Anichebe has shown good qualities when he's been on, so I've started believing in him.

In:

Creative and Pacy Right Back

Creative and Pacy Winger (Landon Donovan)

Frequent Goalscorer

Backup Centreback

Backup Goalkeeper

I'd like both Senderos and Donovan to sign permanent deals.

New Striker and Right Back should definately be the most important, I think.

Out:

Not sure. Anichebe has shown good qualities when he's been on, so I've started believing in him.

In:

Creative and Pacy Right Back

Creative and Pacy Winger (Landon Donovan)

Frequent Goalscorer

Backup Centreback

Backup Goalkeeper

I'd like both Senderos and Donovan to sign permanent deals.

New Striker and Right Back should definately be the most important, I think.

We've pre-contracted with Jan Mucha and have coleman. IMO the positions in bold aren't priorities. The rest i agree with.

Thought we were talking about Scharner. :huh:

Sorry, this is my fault!

Mike started a thread in rumourama titled Wilfred Bouma but it wasn't really a rumour so I moved it into this thread, but I hadn't realised he'd only named Bouma in the thread title and not in the actual post.

Sorry for the confusion.

I think our squad is big enough to compete with just one game a week so maybe its just quality instead of quantity. Yobo, Ruddy, Jutz, Vaughan definately to go for me. Get Beckford, Mucha and Ledley on frees to compensate for them and spend our dough on a top striker and the usual Davey loan to buy (hopefully a pacy winger, Ben Arfa please). Sounds like this portugese lad is coming and i would go for Connor Wickham at Ipswich who could be a player and a half!

Probably out of our price range but there's going to be a cull of citeh players who would probably improve us possibly leaving this summer...

SWP (linked to arse for £5m in papers), Ireland, Santa Cruz, Richards/Onourha?

If they sorted us out with one of these (SWP please) it'd build a few bridges!

We need someone who is more likely to fall over his own feet than put a decent cross in? He's got all the pace in the world but no end product so I wouldn't want him.

he's not that bad he just never gets a run in the team and with johnson and bellamy playing like they are i can't see him getting in..if he got a decent run in the side he would be a great buy if you ask me! we all know moyes can get the best out of players and i think he could get it out of phillips too

as for ireland...good player but would cost too much and we already have options in the middle..too high maintenance aswell if you ask me

Edited by marcopaulo

he's not that bad he just never gets a run in the team and with johnson and bellamy playing like they are i can't see him getting in..if he got a decent run in the side he would be a great buy if you ask me! we all know moyes can get the best out of players and i think he could get it out of phillips too

as for ireland...good player but would cost too much and we already have options in the middle..too high maintenance aswell if you ask me

I'm with you, the main thing we are missing is pace - the ability to spring someone on the break. At the moment when we break down an attack our outlets are pienaar, yak, saha, etc who have got the skills to hold the ball up and get other players in but with someone like SWP he has the pace to go more direct. You look at villa and spurs with young/ag-bang-a-whore and lennon and they are so dangerous with their pace on the counter - I think we're a better footballing team than both but we just lack the pace in wide areas.

*** another point I say with a pinch of salt, say arsenal do go in for SWP, where does this leave walcott? (probably more central role at arse) but if there's anyone who could get the best out of him, it'd be moyes!!! (wishful thinking!!!)

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone fancy roque santa cruz as our new number 9. can't really see him gettin a regular game next season for citeh and i think they may let him go for around £10 million. whenever he's played against us he has looked dangerous and his goal scoring record aint bad. Ok he's not prolific but his all round game would benefit our stlye of play alot. On top of him my other ins/outs would be:

ins

beckford (free)

ledley (free)

ireland (8 million)

outs

yakubu (8-10 million)

vaughan (3 million)

Does anyone fancy roque santa cruz as our new number 9. can't really see him gettin a regular game next season for citeh and i think they may let him go for around £10 million. whenever he's played against us he has looked dangerous and his goal scoring record aint bad. Ok he's not prolific but his all round game would benefit our stlye of play alot. On top of him my other ins/outs would be:

ins

beckford (free)

ledley (free)

ireland (8 million)

outs

yakubu (8-10 million)

vaughan (3 million)

No. Injured too often, wages will be astronmical.

Ireland yes (if he drops his wages), Beckford (for making money out of nothing and maybe getting a decent striker) yes, Ledley no.

Yak - give til Jan, if hes still a lazy bugger no less than 10m

JV - its not going to happen for him, yes.

2 signings for me, Pienaar new contract, Donovan if possible. Both Yak and Saha on their day can bang in goals for fun, they just need to put in the effort.

Edited by galacticaracnid