IGNORED

Next Year's Kit?

MikeO

i like it. simple shape, all blue, round neck. I can understand the opinions of it being boring but i like a little simplicity in my life, considering the chaos i usually put up with. I think even the away one is growing on me too, but im not sure yet. Definately not as against it when i 1st saw it.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That dixie statue with the kit on is amazing, i love it!

For the people who buy full kits for there own football games etc like myself, i noticed you could probably keep the shorts from last year, although on the socks they have changed the efc an le coq logos round, but still i would use last years socks, me being skint, is the reason behind this, but now ive decided to also buy the everton training top, the one rodwell shows on everton direct along with the black shorts, just for a change...

Useless info probably, but thought i'd share it :)

Edited by craigb

Trust me Romey, I used to work for Nike Europe, and in the 6 years that I did, I came to realise that true fans will buy whatever shirt their club puts out, no matter how crazy/disgusting/weird etc..etc.. as long as the club is doing ok on the pitch and they get exposure in the global media, people will buy them, whether it be a die hard that goes to every game or the foreign fan that just likes the sponsors beer and see's 1 in 10 games on the tv!!

Not sure about that, rumour is that Wigan didn't buy that Chilean striker because they didn't think a northern lad would buy a shirt with the name Ponce on the back :lol:

Don't forget people if you're buying a kit (or anything else from the club) please go through the Kitbag link at the top of the page; the costs of running the site are continually increasing so if we can keep the sponsors on board it'd be great.

Even if you're buying from one of the shops you can place the order online and pick it up in person....won't cost any extra and it means Louis can sleep at night :lol: .

Shameless advertising over :) .

I've always preferred tops which show creative use of all team colours so a flash of white in the shirt would have been good but I like its sleek design, and will be buying it asap. Must admit, after the away kit, I was expecting some sort of psychadellic rainbow of colours so im glad to see just blue. Also, think dixie should keep the kit on all season.

It should do, otherwise pre-ordering would be a bit of a waste of time!

That's what I thought but there were still two delivery options on it, "standard" which quotes 3-5 days and "express" which is 1-2 days. Why give the option for an upgraded delivery speed if it's going to be delivered on a set day anyway :mellow: ?

This is pretty poor also, looking at the small print...

"If your parcel is sent by Royal Mail, please allow 15 working days for delivery of your order, before contacting our Customer Services team."

WTF!?

That's what I thought but there were still two delivery options on it, "standard" which quotes 3-5 days and "express" which is 1-2 days. Why give the option for an upgraded delivery speed if it's going to be delivered on a set day anyway :mellow: ?

This is pretty poor also, looking at the small print...

"If your parcel is sent by Royal Mail, please allow 15 working days for delivery of your order, before contacting our Customer Services team."

WTF!?

im pretty sure thats just a "we told you so" if there is a delay. ive not heard of any problems since the kitbag take over, they run a very professional outfit, and id expect your shirt on thursday mike.

Hoping to get mine for me birthday in a few weeks, just in time for the wedding and honeymoon! Already got the everton cufflinks, wonder what she would think if i was standing at the alter wearing the new kit?.... :unsure:

My birthday present from my wife on our wedding day (got married on my b'day) was an Everton shirt :) .

with her in it?

Was a bit overcrowded in our house that morning so would have been a bit public :lol: .

Had an email saying that the shirt was despatched at 6.00pm today via Royal Mail :) . Does that mean if they're unusually efficient I'll get it tomorrow :P .

Honestly, this is the best kit in years in my opinion. Getting back to more stark flat front designs...albeit with a sponsor on the front. No slashes, swooshes or embelishments of any kind, just that beautiful blue.

Man after my own heart :) . I'm like a kid on Christmas eve here :D .

Arrived this morning....wife got to the post first and decided it'd be fun to hide it and pretend it hadn't come <_< .

She relented and gave it to me after I sunk into a corner of the room sobbing.

It's great....much nicer shade of blue than last year's I think.

Side note....saw ManU's new home kit in town today....horrible...and the white stripe down the sleeve feels like it's made of rubber :mellow: .

Apparently...

"...every shirt will be made entirely from recycled polyester, each created from up to eight plastic water bottles as part of Nike’s ‘Considered Design’ programme."

very jealous Mike. Im just hoping my hints for my birthday have been taken seriously!

Never understood the names and badges thingy. Numbers i get because i played for a team who used to wear blue so i could get away with my Everton kit.