IGNORED

Next Year's Kit?

MikeO

Trust me Romey, I used to work for Nike Europe, and in the 6 years that I did, I came to realise that true fans will buy whatever shirt their club puts out, no matter how crazy/disgusting/weird etc..etc.. as long as the club is doing ok on the pitch and they get exposure in the global media, people will buy them, whether it be a die hard that goes to every game or the foreign fan that just likes the sponsors beer and see's 1 in 10 games on the tv!!

Judging by the reactions of other Everton fans on the forums I've looked at then a lot, and I mean A LOT, of Everton fans will not be buying it, and I won't be either.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have posted on here how much I disliked the new away kit but I was home on leave today and popped in to the toffee shop to see if it really was as bad as it looked and to my surprise I actually liked it in fact I have ended up buying it!

It really is comfortable to wear so I take it all back

Dunc...? Noooo....! let me down aha :P I think i will have to see it before i pass judgement, otherwise my head might pop.

I have posted on here how much I disliked the new away kit but I was home on leave today and popped in to the toffee shop to see if it really was as bad as it looked and to my surprise I actually liked it in fact I have ended up buying it!

It really is comfortable to wear so I take it all back

I have to say that I dont think the shirt looks as bad when its accompanied by the shorts but its certainly not to my liking.

• 2 weeks later...

i think another good marketing plan. ive been impressed with kit bag, and i quite like the shirts so far.

i think it was genius bringing out the away shirt first too.

more people buy the home shirt, bring out the away shirt first, get the impatient sales and then hit us with the home shirt.

oh, and dixie's statue in the shirt is a hell of an idea, i hope it fits him properly though

Edited by StevO

i think another good marketing plan. ive been impressed with kit bag, and i quite like the shirts so far.

i think it was genius bringing out the away shirt first too.

more people buy the home shirt, bring out the away shirt first, get the impatient sales and then hit us with the home shirt.

oh, and dixie's statue in the shirt is a hell of an idea, i hope it fits him properly though

Agreed, plus they have tried to cover all corners of the market. They have a modern, quirky design for the away kit, but a traditional design for the home. It is all to make money of course but it is nice to see they are putting some thought into it.