IGNORED

Man Of The Match V Hull City

MikeO

MOTM v Hull  

83 members have voted

1. 1. ????????????????????????????????????

• Tim Howard
    • Phil Neville
    • Phil Jagielka
    • Sylvain Distin
    • Leighton Baines
    • Johnny Heitinga
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Mikel Arteta
    • Leon Osman
    • Ayegbeni Yakubu
    • Victor Anichebe
    • Jack Rodwell
    • Landon Donovan

pollresizear5.jpg

Hull1.jpg

Hull2.jpg

Hull3.jpg

hull4.jpg

hull5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Fellaini 268

Pienaar 164

Heitinga 151

Osman 135

Saha 111

Cahill 108

Rodwell 98

Baines 87

Howard 86

Bilyaletdinov 82

Hibbert 71

Coleman 70

Donovan 68

Distin 43

Yakubu 34

Duffy 23

Yobo 20

Neill 15

Arteta 15

Neville 11

João Alves Jô 10

Vaughan 8

Gosling 6

Jagielka 6

Senderos 4

Nash 3

Baxter 3

Agard 2

Anichebe 2

Forshaw 1

Akpan 1

MOTM winners....

Tottenham (A) Ayegbeni Yakubu

Sporting Lisbon (A) Tim Howard

Manchester United (H) Leon Osman

Sporting Lisbon (H) Leon Osman

Chelsea (H) Landon Donovan

Liverpool (A) Johnny Heitinga

Wigan (A) Tim Cahill

Sunderland (H) Marouane Fellaini

Birmingham (H) Steven Pienaar

Manchester City (H) Marouane Fellaini

Arsenal (A) Marouane Fellaini

Carlisle (H) Marouane Fellaini

Burnley (H) Steven Pienaar

Sunderland (A) Marouane Fellaini

Birmingham (A) Leighton Baines

BATE Boresov (H)...Shane Duffy

Chelsea (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Tottenham (H)...Seamus Coleman

AEK Athens (A)...Steven Pienaar

Liverpool (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Hull City (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Manchester United (A)...Johnny Heitinga

West Ham (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Benfica (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Aston Villa (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Tottenham (A)...Tony Hibbert

Bolton (A)...Louis Saha

Benfica (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wolves (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Stoke City (H)...Johnny Heitinga

BATE Borisov (A)...Tony Hibbert

Portsmouth (A)...Tim Howard

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (H)...Louis Saha

AEK Athens (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wigan...(H)...Jack Rodwell

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

gave it to donovan, partly since its his last goodison game but mostly for the contribution he made. a goal and an assist in 20 min, and probably should have had a second assist from that yakubu chance. if it weren't landon's last game, definitely would have given it to arteta for his 2 (and a half) goals, plus absolutely bossed hull and was everywhere today. commentators were going gaga over him.

Despite brilliant performances from everyone there is only one possibility for MOTM. Arteta.

Howard - 7 couldn't have done a thing about that goal, played well otherwise.

Neville 7.5 good defensively and finally showed some creativity going forward.

Jags - 7.5 kept hull's front men quiet.

Distin - 8 best game for us by a mile (no red card this time :lol: )

Baines- 8.5 beautiful links with both mikky and peanuts

Heitinga 8.8 fantastic in the DM role...not missing fellaini so much now that I've seen this formation.

Anichebe 7 played well on the right, should have done better with 1 or 2 of his chances.

Osman 7 too bad he came off injured, but it did let rodders step on...

Arteta 10. hat trick (for all intents and purposes). controlled mid-field like fellaini did against citeh, except he scored 3x.

Pienaar 9 wonderful play. arteta brings out his best.

Yakubu 8 should have found the net. hoping to see that smile next time out,

Rodwell 8 magnificent goal

Donovan 8 same + that cross to rodwell. SIGN HIM UP!

Gosling 7.5 finally looks the part of an Everton senior player.

Moyes 10. Got everything right today. :D:D

gotta love this line on the BBC website: Mikel Arteta shines with two goals as Everton destroy Hull

how often do you see Everton and destroy linked together!

Arteta as with everyone else for me.

He was back to his best plus some as he had the confidence to take shots outside the box which he has often lacked in the past.

Second for me would be another consistant performance from Pienaar who worked as hard as ever helped in a couple of goals and 3rd would be Baines who linked with Pienaar as well as he always does when stevie plays on the left. Baines first touch crossing was oustanding and he looked so keen to push forward today.

No bad performances with even Victor, not the most popular player but worked hard, got stuck in and got some good balls across in the box including the ones that Pienaar back healed for Arteta. Got in the box as well and had a couple of chances.

Yak i thought played well but his finishing was poor, the early chance he turned well but that penalty fuck up blew his confidence a bit i'm sure and I definately wouldn't have bet on him to score after that. Disguesting penalty and for me Baines or Arteta should be on pens every time.

Brilliant performance from the Blues today although I did get worried when we conceeded! I dont think its possible to vote for anyone else but Mikky today. Aside from his early fluffed chance he ran the game. His passing, movement and finishing were back up to his pre injury form although he still shouldnt be taking set pieces!

Howard was safe when called upon today apart from that one dodgy freekick where he got stranded.

Neville had a very good solid game.

Jags and Distin were solid and it was their best performance individually this season, although I do worry about height at set pieces. I actually felt very assured about Distin for the 1st time this season and I am becoming a big fan of his marauding runs!

Baines was class and his link up play down the left was quality. I just wish he would step and take more set pieces, he seems to let other players take them to frequently.

Pienaar was brilliant and Osman put in a good shift before the injury.

Heitinga was also fantastic. The guy was everywhere and I love the way he gets stuck in. He also has the right attitude. He wasnt just happy with being 3/4-1 up he wanted more. That can only be a good thing.

Vic did a good job down the right, although he should have gone off earlier. He did a lot of good stuff, although he still at times seems to play within himself. It also worries me that he looks shagged after 50 mins.

Yakubu was also brilliant and should have scored a few times. If he can maintain that work rate and desire I will be a very happy chap!

Rodwell looked very good again in that supporting role. His work rate and energy is phenomenal and for the second game running he could have had 2 or 3. At least he got one but that is certainly his best position, he really does remind me of Lampard (but with more energy and defensive ability).

What a great way for Donovan to make his Goodison exit. He only had a couple of touches but to score, get an assist and create another golden opportunity shows the class of the fella.

Gosling looked pretty decent when he came on as well. Just a shame he could put his foot through that chance!

I couldnt decide between Johnny H & Arteta today. But in the end I gave it to Johnny because everyone else seemed to have backed Mikey anyway!

I have been waiting all season to see Mikey and Piennar in the same side and it all bodes well for next season( as long as we get Peanuts tied down to a long contract sharpish!)

The Dutch Destroyer tm was immense yet again.

Pienaar was lively, and the link up play involving him and Baines turned the clock back.

All that was missing from the Yak's performance was a goal. Hold up play was world class.

Only one winner though I'm afraid... and would love to see him at the world cup! ARTETA

johnny was magnificent again seems gettin him used to the premier league at centre back and him doing so well has givin him the confidence to play in midfield! at the beginning of the season he looked well below par playing there but he was a machine today! what an engine on the guy too summed up by the 50 yard sprint to make a run for the yak! also my favourite moment in the game was when he twatted garcia with a right cruncher in the 2nd half too!

despite that though it has to be mikel today...ran the show with his passin, movement and even his tackling and chipped in with 2 well taken goals! disappointed he didn't take that final free kick to have a crack for his hat trick though! sadly i think the only chance of him going to the world cup however is injuries to two of iniesta, xavi or fabregas!

....sadly i think the only chance of him going to the world cup however is injuries to two of iniesta, xavi or fabregas!

According to this http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=28621537016 as of Jan this year he's eligible for British nationality and so could play for England :P .

He'd never do it sadly....but he deserves to play international football one day.

he's said many times he won't i know and you're right a player that good deserves to play at the highest level! shame really he is in probably the most gifted generation of midfielders spain will ever see..i don't blame him i don't agree with people playing for a country under citizenship! that bein said i wouldn't have any complaints if he did cos i'm a hypocrite :lol:

Edited by marcopaulo

ARTETA by a mile.

Thought Yakubu was frustrating. Runs hot and cold. Does something great one minute then stuffs up the next. His first touch is still abit dodgy. He shouldve scored in open play today, never mind the penalty (why give him the job in the first place anyway??).

BUT hopefully its a sign that he's getting back to the form he showed in his first season.

Arteta gets my votes with Johnny in a close second.(Yak should have passed to Johnny instead of taking that shot in the second)

Does anyone know what the go was with the black arm bands? I can only assume that someone has recently died, but I didn't hear the commentators mention who?

The armbands were for Keith Alexander the Macclesfield manager who died last week

Despite brilliant performances from everyone there is only one possibility for MOTM. Arteta.

Howard - 7 couldn't have done a thing about that goal, played well otherwise.

Neville 7.5 good defensively and finally showed some creativity going forward.

Jags - 7.5 kept hull's front men quiet.

Distin - 8 best game for us by a mile (no red card this time :lol: )

Baines- 8.5 beautiful links with both mikky and peanuts

Heitinga 8.8 fantastic in the DM role...not missing fellaini so much now that I've seen this formation.

Anichebe 7 played well on the right, should have done better with 1 or 2 of his chances.

Osman 7 too bad he came off injured, but it did let rodders step on...

Arteta 10. hat trick (for all intents and purposes). controlled mid-field like fellaini did against citeh, except he scored 3x.

Pienaar 9 wonderful play. arteta brings out his best.

Yakubu 8 should have found the net. hoping to see that smile next time out,

Rodwell 8 magnificent goal

Donovan 8 same + that cross to rodwell. SIGN HIM UP!

Gosling 7.5 finally looks the part of an Everton senior player.

Moyes 10. Got everything right today. :D:D

How can you give Yak 8? Absolute shocker of a game. How many sitters did he miss? 4-5?

the talk of Arteta for Spain makes me laugh. Not because he's not international quality but because a while ago we were talking up Osman for England. The two players are miles apart in quality but have about the same chance of making their national squads.

Says a lot about the difference in quality between England Spain's midfields.

The England midfield has Gerrard and Lampard who struggle to play together. Spain's has Iniesta and Xavi who play together every week and have some kind of telepathic bond. Beyond that England has a mixture of various players trying to keep a place, Spain has Fabregas, Alonso and Sergio Busquetes/David Silva.

Doesn't it make you proud to be Spanish.....oh crap...I'm not!

How can you give Yak 8? Absolute shocker of a game. How many sitters did he miss? 4-5?

I thought it was the Yaks best game in a long time, ok his finishing was poor and he should never be allowed to take a penalty again but there was a massive improvement in his overall play and if he keeps that up the goals will come

I thought it was the Yaks best game in a long time, ok his finishing was poor and he should never be allowed to take a penalty again but there was a massive improvement in his overall play and if he keeps that up the goals will come

He's there to score...and he didn't do his job...5/10

I will admit he did look a lot more lively today and there was a notable increase in his work rate and energy.

Hope he keeps up the improvement after his long time out.

Arteta was absolutely brilliant and gets my vote. Yakubu was good again, although I thought he played better against Spurs. Pienaar was sublime as well, surprised he hasn't got any votes as I didn't think he was too far behind Arteta in terms of link up play and overall performance.