• Johnny Heitinga
    • Leon Osman
    • Tim Cahill
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Mikel Arteta
    • Louis Saha
    • Jack Rodwell

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Fellaini 268

Heitinga 175

Pienaar 174

Osman 136

Arteta 120

Saha 111

Cahill 108

Rodwell 99

Baines 92

Howard 87

Bilyaletdinov 85

Hibbert 71

Donovan 71

Coleman 70

Distin 49

Yakubu 34

Duffy 23

Yobo 20

Neill 15

Anichebe 13

Neville 11

João Alves Jô 10

Jagielka 9

Vaughan 8

Gosling 6

Senderos 4

Nash 3

Baxter 3

Agard 2

Forshaw 1

Akpan 1

MOTM winners....

Bolton (H) Mikel Arteta

Birmingham (A) Mikel Arteta

Hull City (H) Mikel Arteta

Tottenham (A) Ayegbeni Yakubu

Sporting Lisbon (A) Tim Howard

Manchester United (H) Leon Osman

Sporting Lisbon (H) Leon Osman

Chelsea (H) Landon Donovan

Liverpool (A) Johnny Heitinga

Wigan (A) Tim Cahill

Sunderland (H) Marouane Fellaini

Birmingham (H) Steven Pienaar

Manchester City (H) Marouane Fellaini

Arsenal (A) Marouane Fellaini

Carlisle (H) Marouane Fellaini

Burnley (H) Steven Pienaar

Sunderland (A) Marouane Fellaini

Birmingham (A) Leighton Baines

BATE Boresov (H)...Shane Duffy

Chelsea (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Tottenham (H)...Seamus Coleman

AEK Athens (A)...Steven Pienaar

Liverpool (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Hull City (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Manchester United (A)...Johnny Heitinga

West Ham (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Benfica (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Aston Villa (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Tottenham (A)...Tony Hibbert

Bolton (A)...Louis Saha

Benfica (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wolves (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Stoke City (H)...Johnny Heitinga

BATE Borisov (A)...Tony Hibbert

Portsmouth (A)...Tim Howard

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (H)...Louis Saha

AEK Athens (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wigan...(H)...Jack Rodwell

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

I was only half watching as the screen was so small but from what I saw it looked like Cahill had an excellent game, always seemed to be involved all over the place.

The goal was a classic Cahill goal as well, makin sure he's the man to get on the end of anything in the box.

All round well played though and great to get an unexpected away win and become the first team to beat City at their place this season.

Close the 'drop cahill' thread - he was fooking ace. He was pure commitment! Defence solid unit - with johnny just in front we look very hard to break down in games like this.

I voted cahill anyway but was disappointed that the camera man who picked out lescott in the stand as we went 2 up wasn't an option!!! - he didn't actually look that bothered - money grabbing bastard!

Cracking result even if it did get a bit defensive at times!

Howard - Not sure he really had to make a proper save. I really hope he isnt properly injured as I dont trust Nash at all!

Baines - Very solid game imo.

Jags - Good game against a very good Tevez. He put in a couple of quality blocks.

Distin - Again very good and my MOM. Got cuaght a couple of times but made up for it with a lot of good blocks/tackles/headers.

Neville - Solid but gave the ball away when we had much better options.

Heitinga - Probably his worst game for a while. I dont think he got involved much at all and wasnt able to dictate the game.

Arteta - Was very quiet early on when he was being man marked by Ireland. However when he went off he did a lot of good things.

Pienaar - Very good game. Almost MOM.

Osman - Did well. Clearly not as comfortable out wide as he is in the middle but he did a solid job.

Cahill - Was better than recent weeks but wasnt that brilliant overall. He worked hard with Saha but could have done better with other chances and passes. I also think he dropped too deep leaving Saha isolated meaning the ball came straight back to us.

Saha - Didnt look sharp but put in a good shift.

Rodwell - The lad is quality! I would be tempted to put a fiver on him going as a surprise pick for the World Cup. His run down the right, the way he just turned the defender like he wasnt there and played a quality ball across the box. He also did a lot of good defensive work as well. The boy has it all and I hope we can keep him!

Moyes - Not sure why he was sent off, but next time he should give that nancy boy Mancini a slap!

Last but not least I thought the ref was shocking. How many times did they have to barge our players off the ball to get a free kick! I dont quite understand how we got the bookings we did cos a lot of them were mistimed but nothing challenges.

Cahill scored a goal and set one up. He gets man of the match. You guys don't know soccer.

Yer we know football. Why are u back thought u would be supporting Galatasaray now with your tongue stuck up Neill's arse. On the football Cahill played really well today but was not man of the match by any means. Id say it was out of dustbin an jags i give it to jags for doing what he does best an just throwing his body on the line to block every ball and doing it in the short time hes been back. could have easily give it to dustbin tho he done the same as jags i think but i always have heart in mouth when he's near the ball. All in all another great performance against the mancs we didn't play are best football but we stuck to are task and worked hard for all 3 points! Champions league anyone? Coyb's

Yer we know football. Why are u back thought u would be supporting Galatasaray now with your tongue stuck up Neill's arse. On the football Cahill played really well today but was not man of the match by any means. Id say it was out of dustbin an jags i give it to jags for doing what he does best an just throwing his body on the line to block every ball and doing it in the short time hes been back. could have easily give it to dustbin tho he done the same as jags i think but i always have heart in mouth when he's near the ball. All in all another great performance against the mancs we didn't play are best football but we stuck to are task and worked hard for all 3 points! Champions league anyone? Coyb's

Please. Dillusional.

Cahill got man of the match, according to Moyes.

Why does Cahill start every match when fit? I take the coachs viewpoint over yours.

Please. Dillusional.

Cahill got man of the match, according to Moyes.

Why does Cahill start every match when fit? I take the coachs viewpoint over yours.

FFS you are annoying... I'm an Aussie, and I love Cahill (easily our best player) and I voted for him for MOTM. Distin and Heitinga I felt were also instrumental for us tonight too...

Nothing wrong with other fans having different point of views for MOTM, but do you have to be such a wank about it?

Where the hell does Moyes say Cahill was Man of the Match...I wish you would stop making shit up to make your point.

I cast my vote before I had read any of the thread and I agree with most votes regarding Distin. His best game for a while, tackles, blocks, headers, challenges and pace in abundance last night. An excellent team performance with a worthy mention for Phil Neville, wholehearted solid game with that added leadership quality that brings others into the game, overall well played Everton.

FFS you are annoying... I'm an Aussie, and I love Cahill (easily our best player) and I voted for him for MOTM. Distin and Heitinga I felt were also instrumental for us tonight too...

Nothing wrong with other fans having different point of views for MOTM, but do you have to be such a wank about it?

Where the hell does Moyes say Cahill was Man of the Match...I wish you would stop making shit up to make your point.

Mate, if you set one up, and you score one and you have an all round solid game, that is man of the match, when comparing that to a solid defender, who did nothing brilliant but was consistent.

You guys need to look up the definition for man of the match.

Like i have said before. Cahill cops way to much shit on this forum. And Moyes always starts him when fit? Why? Because unlike everyone here, he knows how good Cahill is. And thats why hes on the big money to coach, and we all contribute as a hobbby.