IGNORED

How Much For Steven?

The one thing i am hoping for this summer is for Pienaar to sign a new deal. If he doesn't how much should we accept for him with a year left on his contract? I suppose it depends on who comes in for him but i would fully expect Everton to command a fee of at least £12 million. I hope to death he stays but what do you guys think?

I think the question we need to ask to answer this question is would he make the England squad were he English? If the answer is yes, then we ought to hold out for a fee upwards of 18mil. Otherwise I think it reasonable to accept offers above 12mil.

Personally, I'd rather keep him the duration of his contract. If we make Champions League next year, there is no way he'll leave, unless Barcelona or Madrid come knocking (which they won't). He ought to be smart enough to see that the squad we have now will, with most fit, be pushing for silverware next year and, should Moyes be granted a bit of a purse for the summer and make a few ace signings, there's no reason that won't continue for years to come. He must also be able to see what happened with Joleon, who hasn't done fuck-all since he left for money to a club with "bigger ambitions." I can't imagine wanting to leave a potentially great squad for a 30k/week pay raise (what more can a man buy with more excess money?)

Maybe. Davey might want to keep him for the last year and let his contract run out due to the fact that he cost £2.5 million and weve had our moneys worth. Not my opinion mind.....

Moyes might want to do that, it's understandable, but as a club I don't think we could afford to.