IGNORED

An Idea For Next Seasons Man Of The Match Threads - How To Compare.

Hey,

I think admins/mods should consider this for next season. For each man of the match thread, possibly include ratings from other sites such as goal, espn, bbc and all other sites that rate each players performance. A lot of these sites rate our players out of 10 and its important to include them in the threads, because voting in these threads has been amazingly inaccurate over the past season and its getting worse.

Examples :

- During Fellainis hot run of form, he barely recieved any votes in 2 matches in which he absolutely dominated. At one stage it got to the point of Moyes labelling him the best midfielder in the premier league, yet he couldn't secure many votes.

- It became blatantly obvious as the season went on that many posters had fallen for Heitinga's hard tackles and heart, which im not doubting. But this also led to a bias overlook of his long balls which consistently led to a loss of possesion and his poor ball control and short passing at times was also ignored.

- The two Australian's also copped a lot of flack. Neill set up 2 goals against Bolton and had a blinder, everyone else apart from Saha was terrible, yet Neill didn't get a vote. Also Cahill seems to go un noticed in these man of the match polls, unless he scores. Many don't see his role in defence, which is where we drop back to a 4-5-1. Cahill has had a rich run of form over the past month and also gone unrewarded.

- Billy was horrendous in some games, but still got votes for a goal or an assist. Even though at times he cost us the game.

- Pienaar similar to Fellaini was unrewarded during rich patches of form.

Im not having a go at anyone. But it is what it is. I mean at one stage we had a time to drop Tim cahill thread. Than 2 weeks later Moyes said hes the best buy he has brought to Everton. Things are very inaccurate in the polls. I mean Fellaini should have already had this won by a mile, had things been accurate. With Pienaar 2nd, Cahill and Howard fighting it out for 3rd.

Guess we had a drop Cahill thread after a few poor performances, which every player is capable of.I'v seen the same for Saha, Yak, Hibbert, Yobo, Bily and so on!

When Cahills good he's bloody good, when he's bad he's bad, doesn't seem to spend much time in the middle.

I went on record saying he was probably Evertons most important player, maybe not the best but the most important, I like Cahill, he's been brilliant for Everton, I hope he stays and wins things with us............BUT he does have bad games, he can't be man of the match every week.

There seems some strange nominations for m.o.t.m on here sometimes, and that's just how it should be it's for fun, usually the best player just about shades it, so leave things as they are I say :)

Edited by Blue 250

- During Fellainis hot run of form, he barely recieved any votes in 2 matches in which he absolutely dominated. At one stage it got to the point of Moyes labelling him the best midfielder in the premier league, yet he couldn't secure many votes.

Sorry but when you start with that as an "example" I look no further.

Felli's December/January purple patch....his votes were as follows...

34 v Sunderland (MOTM)

15 v Carlisle (MOTM)

9 v Burnley (3rd)

26 v Arsenal (MOTM)

41 V Man City (MOTM & 100% of the votes)

8 v Birmingham (2nd)

17 v Sunderland (MOTM)

9 v Wigan (2nd)

Sorry but when you start with that as an "example" I look no further.

Felli's December/January purple patch....his votes were as follows...

34 v Sunderland (MOTM)

15 v Carlisle (MOTM)

9 v Burnley (3rd)

26 v Arsenal (MOTM)

41 V Man City (MOTM & 100% of the votes)

8 v Birmingham (2nd)

17 v Sunderland (MOTM)

9 v Wigan (2nd)

that city game stands out for me as the best display from a midfielder i've seen in my lifetime in royal blue. was incredible, couple of kanchelskis performances come close but that was purely magic

Hey,

I think admins/mods should consider this for next season. For each man of the match thread, possibly include ratings from other sites such as goal, espn, bbc and all other sites that rate each players performance. A lot of these sites rate our players out of 10 and its important to include them in the threads, because voting in these threads has been amazingly inaccurate over the past season and its getting worse.

Examples :

- It became blatantly obvious as the season went on that many posters had fallen for Heitinga's hard tackles and heart, which im not doubting. But this also led to a bias overlook of his long balls which consistently led to a loss of possesion and his poor ball control and short passing at times was also ignored.

- The two Australian's also copped a lot of flack. Neill set up 2 goals against Bolton and had a blinder, everyone else apart from Saha was terrible, yet Neill didn't get a vote. Also Cahill seems to go un noticed in these man of the match polls, unless he scores. Many don't see his role in defence, which is where we drop back to a 4-5-1. Cahill has had a rich run of form over the past month and also gone unrewarded.

- Billy was horrendous in some games, but still got votes for a goal or an assist. Even though at times he cost us the game.

Im not having a go at anyone. But it is what it is. I mean at one stage we had a time to drop Tim cahill thread. Than 2 weeks later Moyes said hes the best buy he has brought to Everton. Things are very inaccurate in the polls. I mean Fellaini should have already had this won by a mile, had things been accurate. With Pienaar 2nd, Cahill and Howard fighting it out for 3rd.

*cough*

You should try Hall's Soothers for that mate :P.

Ah they don't help it. I have a rare illness that makes me cough whenever someone is pretending that there's a legitimate problem with something, when really they're just annoyed that nobody agrees with them.

Oh never mind... turns out my throat was dry.

Ah they don't help it. I have a rare illness that makes me cough whenever someone is pretending that there's a legitimate problem with something, when really they're just annoyed that nobody agrees with them.

Oh never mind... turns out my throat was dry.

Spot on!

I think ive got bronchitis, coz i cant stop coughing!! It must be the virus thats going around Goodison atm, whilst we actually attend the games??? Gotta get that sorted Everton :lol:

I think we should award points based on the proportion of votes obtained.....rather than just counting votes...

ie 1 point per percentage

essentially each week every player would get a mark out of 100 (or a zero)

Its similar to what we do now, everybody gets points depending on it being percentage or actual votes.

But its plausable and i suppose it could be given a trial, but Mike looks after that so its really up to him.

What might be a good idea is that somebody keeps a record of both, the votes and the percentages and my guess is it would be very similar.

Hey,

Examples :

Ive been looking at this for a while now and really wanted to think before i replied (though it may not appear that way since im in a meeting and supposed to be paying attention!). Have you looked at the current standings mentioned in every single MOTM thread:

Current Player of the Year standings (Top 5)....

Fellaini 268

Heitinga 201

Pienaar 196

Cahill 170

Arteta 155

Screech has won this by a country mile, Mike has already corrected you on this 'barely receiving any votes' bollocks. Pienaar is just behind second but only because Johnny has put in some immense performances (same can be said for Peanuts, which is why theres only a few votes in it). Skippy is 4th despite one of his less impressive seasons, though i can see Arteta catching him in the last 2 games depending on how they both play.

The way this system works is excellent, very fair and i think accurate. Rating an entire team out of 10 is too much. To declare 1 player the best player requires putting a bit of thought in, i.e. not just gravitating to the nearest countrymans name to register your vote. The overall standings show a great overview from the year, inculding (if im correct here) all the votes a player gets over a season from all who freqent TT. How better a way to be fair and balanced? Voting 1-10 on each player is pointless and will change from person to person on what 10 means. Some people are too generous in doling out points in these systems, some are too harsh. If you want to give a BALANCED opinion including a 1-10 rating, do something similar to Romey; a BALANCED review of each player. Then choose youre MOTM/Cahill.

Cahill got flack early on in the season because he was crap. He has not been at his best, largely as he was playing out of position in the 1st half of the season (wasnt he even on the right wing for a game or two?!). No recognition for the last month? check the MOTM threads again, MOTM against Villa and Citeh, hasnt won it overall in other recent games as Arteta has been immense, with Johnny and Pienaar also shining brighter.

O'Neill was a good player, i was sorry to see him go, but he wasnt a game changer! Bolton was 1 game, the most of the other times he was solid and reliable. I wouldve kept him but we made a bit of money on someone who would probably have left at the end of the season on a free. Shame, but good business.

Can you please start to give BALANCED opinions and start understanding why everyone outside of Australia doesnt always vote for Cahill. If i voted for Ossie (my favourite player) everytime he would be much higher up in the rankings. But i dont, im objective. If I miss the game, i dont vote. If Ossie is crap, i dont vote for him - even if he gives 100% each game, which he does, if its wasted efforted he doesnt deserve it. If Ossie dominates the midfield and is the best player on the pitch, then i vote for him.

rant over.... back to work.

Edited by galacticaracnid