IGNORED

Yobo, Neville, Hibbert, Distin, Jagielka.. Out!

We're not going to win anything or qualify for the Champions League without a squad either!

You don't want to rely on Duffy having to come in if one of our senior players gets injured, that's insane. He needs to go out on loan to get experience. When we've had to play youngsters due to injuries it hasn't gone well for us, look at the start of last season! And I would never want Rodwell in defence after watching him in pre-season.

We have high quality in our starting 11 at the moment (other than the right wing), if you can't see that then there's something wrong with you. Where we suffer is with our squad, and you want to make that squad smaller. Madness.

I want to make the squad better and if necessary smaller by one or two

and i'd rather have duffy as back up than yobo or distin any day, he will be a full international next season and looks like a proper footballer with a brain!

Edited by kennyw10

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If what you wanted happened the squad would be weaker, not better.

I've already said I agree with Distin and Yobo, both of them could be sold, but only one at a time. Then bring a replacement in, Onouha would definitely improve things, and do it without making the squad smaller. We don't need wholesale changes, we need tweaks.

But the rest is just stupid.

Neville could do the same job from the line and hibbert will play next year instead of coleman if we keep him for the sake of it

but he isn't retiring and we won't get anything for him so it isn't an option. as for hibbert, he will play if he's better and as one of the best defenders at the club that is likely against certain opponents. should coleman progress and become as good as we think he still wouldn't likelyp lay every game because of injury, the learning experience (dont wanna burn him out) and the opposition. he's an attacking fullback, would you want coleman to mark nani for example? i'd feel safer with hibbert there, would i want hibbert at fullback at home to wolves though? definitely not.

and i'd rather have duffy as back up than yobo or distin any day, he will be a full international next season and looks like a proper footballer with a brain!

And yet, you seem not to have one yourself.

Edited by Romey 1878

Why do you feel the need to insult me? I live and breathe everton, and am just putting forward a point of view. Just because i,m not saying how wonderful we all are i'm an idiot?

:lol:

I've got no problem with you not thinking Everton are wonderful. Once you've been here a little while you'll realise I don't think we're all wonderful either.

What you're suggesting is unneccesary. You don't completely dismantle a defence like that all in one go. Like we've always done, we do it bit by bit. Not only do we have to do it that way but that's the way that makes sense. Moyes may be a tactical retard but he knows how to put a team together.

Why do you feel the need to insult me? I live and breathe everton, and am just putting forward a point of view. Just because i,m not saying how wonderful we all are i'm an idiot?

that's not the case at all...duffy is inexperienced and jsut because he plays international football doesn't make him a premiership player.

you're acting like we can sell all these players for a mil or whatever and buy the sergio ramos and whatever in place. fact of the matter is, we're not getting 10 million for these players, and we're unlikely to be able to replace them with quality...other than maybe yobo who we could get a decent sum for

that's not the case at all...duffy is inexperienced and jsut because he plays international football doesn't make him a premiership player.

you're acting like we can sell all these players for a mil or whatever and buy the sergio ramos and whatever in place. fact of the matter is, we're not getting 10 million for these players, and we're unlikely to be able to replace them with quality...other than maybe yobo who we could get a decent sum for

The fact is even at 18 hes better than yobo and distin, and i'm only talking about using him as cover for someone we buy instead of yobo and distin

The fact is even at 18 hes better than yobo and distin, and i'm only talking about using him as cover for someone we buy instead of yobo and distin

and you wonder why people have referred to you being brainless or made fun of you? how many games has duffy featured in at the top level? so how an you possibly tell me he's already better than the vastly experienced and proven yobo and distin? ridiculous comment that mate

and you wonder why people have referred to you being brainless or made fun of you? how many games has duffy featured in at the top level? so how an you possibly tell me he's already better than the vastly experienced and proven yobo and distin? ridiculous comment that mate

So you think we should sell and yobo and keep distin as cover for jags/heitinga. We paid 5 million for distin last year thats good business for a club with no money. I'm only talking about dufy as 4th choice center half. Just because your vastly experienced your good enough are u? Maybe we should go for sol cambell then?

I think you're being a bit harsh to Distin, he's put in some class defensive performances recently!

Filled a gap but not good enough, for me anyway, although it seems most people are in favour of keeping average players for the sake of it or for sentimental value

So you think we should sell and yobo and keep distin as cover for jags/heitinga. We paid 5 million for distin last year thats good business for a club with no money. I'm only talking about dufy as 4th choice center half. Just because your vastly experienced your good enough are u? Maybe we should go for sol cambell then?

no, i didn't suggest that, i suggested that duffy has never played at the top level to prove he is worth of being considered better than yobo or distin, it's pretty fucking simple mate.

we paid over the odds out of deperation, i don't think he was worth 5 million. we wouldn't get that for distin now, there's not that much point in selling him because he'd needto be replaced and you won't get a prem defender that's ready for 2.5 or whatever. theres only senderos that i can think of that would come cheap but he's no replacement for distin because he's nto left footed and can't cover left back in emergency.

i'd probably sell yobo yes, because he's not first team and we could get a decent wedge to strengthen the team, would go a long way to signing landycakes, a right back, a left back, a centre half...whatever moyes wants

also has nothing to do with sentiment, it's really basic stuff. you can't buy a 10 million player with 2 million. in otherwords, you cant sell distin and buy shawcross, it's not fantasy football.

Edited by CraccerC

no, i didn't suggest that, i suggested that duffy has never played at the top level to prove he is worth of being considered better than yobo or distin, it's pretty fucking simple mate.

we paid over the odds out of deperation, i don't think he was worth 5 million. we wouldn't get that for distin now, there's not that much point in selling him because he'd needto be replaced and you won't get a prem defender that's ready for 2.5 or whatever. theres only senderos that i can think of that would come cheap but he's no replacement for distin because he's nto left footed and can't cover left back in emergency.

i'd probably sell yobo yes, because he's not first team and we could get a decent wedge to strengthen the team, would go a long way to signing landycakes, a right back, a left back, a centre half...whatever moyes wants

also has nothing to do with sentiment, it's really basic stuff. you can't buy a 10 million player with 2 million. in otherwords, you cant sell distin and buy shawcross, it's not fantasy football.

You could sell yobo and distin and buy him though, and vastly improve the quality of the squad if not the numbers.

we don't have the numbers at the back to let 2 go and 1 in...it is that simple..and on a side note personally i think heitinga and jags are too small a partnership to play together..and is ryan shawcross really that good? can't say i have seen him play that much but 10mill seems a lot for him if that is what is being touted

we don't have the numbers at the back to let 2 go and 1 in...it is that simple..and on a side note personally i think heitinga and jags are too small a partnership to play together..and is ryan shawcross really that good? can't say i have seen him play that much but 10mill seems a lot for him if that is what is being touted

I think we prob would also need one more defender onuoha would be perfect as he can play anywhere across the back and would mean we dont need the numbers that some people think are essential, use whatever we could get for hibbo plus transfer kitty

Shawcross nearly made it into the england squad before he minced ramsey, and is in a different league to yobo/distin

Its all about quality not excesssive numbers of average players

I think we prob would also need one more defender onuoha would be perfect as he can play anywhere across the back and would mean we dont need the numbers that some people think are essential, use whatever we could get for hibbo plus transfer kitty

Shawcross nearly made it into the england squad before he minced ramsey, and is in a different league to yobo/distin

Its all about quality not excesssive numbers of average players

as has been proven this year, squads are what you need in a league format. we sold lescott and kept our best centre half in jags...we've added heitinga who's been quality and baines is a very good fullback. the only problem is right back.

i've said it already you won't get a readily proven quality player for 2 million or whatever you may get for distin, i'm bored of saying it. if you told me i could sell hibbert and buy onuoha i'd do it, if you told me if i sold distin i could get leo messi, i'd do that to...but you can't do that, that's not how it works.

as has been proven this year, squads are what you need in a league format. we sold lescott and kept our best centre half in jags...we've added heitinga who's been quality and baines is a very good fullback. the only problem is right back.

i've said it already you won't get a readily proven quality player for 2 million or whatever you may get for distin, i'm bored of saying it. if you told me i could sell hibbert and buy onuoha i'd do it, if you told me if i sold distin i could get leo messi, i'd do that to...but you can't do that, that's not how it works.

Yobo and Distin = Shawcross

Hibbert plus 2 mil = onouha

who said anything about messi

And what we need is quality not an extra body or two just in case

Edited by kennyw10

Yobo and Distin = Shawcross

Hibbert plus 2 mil = onouha

who said anything about messi

And what we need is quality not an extra body or two just in case

You just don't get it do you? You will not get the equivalent of Shawcross for Yobo and Distin, it just won't happen.

You just don't get it do you? You will not get the equivalent of Shawcross for Yobo and Distin, it just won't happen.

And you know this as fact?

Shawcross is valued at about 10 mil max.

Yobo would fetch about 5/6 and distin 3/4

whats so unbelievable about that

you're basing that onthe assumption that stoke will sell and that we can and will sell yobo and distin. who would pay 4 mil for distin? probably noone. you're also assuming that the money and transfer payments happen to equate. what if stoke want money upfront? and we can only sell distin and yobo for monthly payments? what about wages and signing on bonuses. there's a lot of negotiation that goes into these sort of things, it's not just here's 5 million, kthnxbye

And you know this as fact? ;)

Shawcross will be above £10million, which is why he'll be going nowhere.

Yobo you're probably right in your estimation, but you won't get that much for Distin, not a chance.

you're basing that onthe assumption that stoke will sell and that we can and will sell yobo and distin. who would pay 4 mil for distin? probably noone. you're also assuming that the money and transfer payments happen to equate. what if stoke want money upfront? and we can only sell distin and yobo for monthly payments? what about wages and signing on bonuses. there's a lot of negotiation that goes into these sort of things, it's not just here's 5 million, kthnxbye

So we shouldn't bother trying then because its too much hassle! ok

And you know this as fact? ;)

Shawcross will be above £10million, which is why he'll be going nowhere.

Yobo you're probably right in your estimation, but you won't get that much for Distin, not a chance.

So we have to add a million or two even. we still end up with better QUALITY players and as a result a better squad even if we're down a body.

I have to say, really dissappointed with the standard of response i got to a genuine belief that we should rearrange our defence by selling average players(jags the only one to have a case for not being labelled as such and purely on last years form). ranging from one word insults to why make transfers, they're too much hassle. Pretty poor. Expected more from everton fans who i thought were fairly clued in. Mediocrity seems to be too deeply engrained in us!

Edited by kennyw10

So we shouldn't bother trying then because its too much hassle! ok

it's not about hassle, it's practicality and reality. would shawcross sign to be backup as well? he's not getting in ahead of jags or heitinga for me

you're getting this response mate, because you're suggesting, amongst other things, that jags (one of our best players) is average. it's because you're the minority and because you're making ridiculous comments after another. you've seen plenty of reason why your ideas are flawed and you're ignoring them...you're an idiot.

Edited by CraccerC

it's not about hassle, it's practicality and reality. would shawcross sign to be backup as well? he's not getting in ahead of jags or heitinga for me

you're getting this response mate, because you're suggesting, amongst other things, that jags (one of our best players) is average. it's because you're the minority and because you're making ridiculous comments after another. you've seen plenty of reason why your ideas are flawed and you're ignoring them...you're an idiot.

Have heard nothing but drivel from the likes of you to be honest mate. why change things if they're ok as they are seems to be the attitude, not gonna go far with attitute. I think i'll leave you guys to get back to flirtig with each other!