IGNORED

Perfomances Of The Season

What do people think have been the best team and individual perfomances of the season?

1)Home Team Performance. - Manchester United, a great all round display culminating in a thrilling 3-1 victory. Chelsea at home a close second.

2)Individual Home Performance. - Marouane Fellaini against Man City, totally bossed the game and came during an ever blossoming season for him before curtailed by injury. Arteta against Hull a close second.

3) Away Team Performance. - Manchester City, we hardly gave City a chance throughout the game. Apart from howard saving early on at the feet of Tevez they never had a sniff. We imposed ourselves after that and deserved to be the first team to beat City at home this season. Arsenal a close second, although we drew the game, for long periods we bossed the match and created lots of chances ( a rarity for us at arsenal).

4) Individual Away Performance. - Arteta against Blackburn. Totally controlled the game with his passing and movement bamboozling the Blackburn midfield. Landon Donovans debut at Arsenal, earns a mention foir his non-stop display in attack and defence. A pointer for things to come.

What do people think have been the best team and individual perfomances of the season?

1)Home Team Performance. - Manchester United, a great all round display culminating in a thrilling 3-1 victory. Chelsea at home a close second.

2)Individual Home Performance. - Marouane Fellaini against Man City, totally bossed the game and came during an ever blossoming season for him before curtailed by injury. Arteta against Hull a close second.

3) Away Team Performance. - Manchester City, we hardly gave City a chance throughout the game. Apart from howard saving early on at the feet of Tevez they never had a sniff. We imposed ourselves after that and deserved to be the first team to beat City at home this season. Arsenal a close second, although we drew the game, for long periods we bossed the match and created lots of chances ( a rarity for us at arsenal).

4) Individual Away Performance. - Arteta against Blackburn. Totally controlled the game with his passing and movement bamboozling the Blackburn midfield. Landon Donovans debut at Arsenal, earns a mention foir his non-stop display in attack and defence. A pointer for things to come.

i have honestly never seen a game bossed like that before...not by gerrard, vieria, keane etc..

hard to disagree with any of those :)

Can't disagree really but ever good argument/discussion needs both sides, so what about the WORST performances this season...

1)Home Team Performance - opening day to arse - bloody horrible most had gone by half-time around me (I stupidly braved it!)

2)Individual Home Performance - it's harder to remember a shocker rather than a star performer but I seem to remember bily having an absoloute shocker against blues in the cup.

3) Away Team Performance - benfica away was an embarassment - all too often when we're on TV we're shite - thank god for citeh/united at home being shown!!!

4) Individual Away Performance - seamus had a shocker of a debut in that benfica game - what a horrible game to come into - playing out of position too! (also moyes had a mare against sporting - the whole set-up of the team was shite!)

These are just off the top of my head - I'm sure there's a lot of different opinions on this one!!!

Away team performance I'd say Hull over Benfica because of the quality of the team we put out and the relative strength of the opposition. The team at Hull was Howard, Neill, Yobo, Distin, Baines, Heitinga, Cahill, Pienaar, Rodwell, Saha and Yakubu. No excuse for that first 45.

I think that City game will forever live in the memory for the way he just ran everything. Him and Pienaar through the middle in that game were simply exceptional. Iv never seen anything like it...

I think another star performer could go to Heitinga against either Man Utd or Chelsea where he gave neither Rooney or Drogba a sniff. For two players who have scored 52 between them to not be given an inch was fantastic, although some credit must also go to Distin.

I think Cameo of the season should go to Seamie for his performance against Spurs. I just loved the way he crunched (Krancjar?) down the right wing, not to mention some of the quality deliveries in such a short time on the pitch.

IMO Heitinga should also get the nod for some of the most incredible long distance passing ever seen on the pitch at Goodison. If only Hibbert was as accurate with his short passing!