IGNORED

Man Of The Match V Portsmouth

MOTM v Portsmouth  

40 members have voted

1. 1. ?????????????????????????????????????

• Tim Howard
    • Tony Hibbert
    • Stlvain Distin
    • Phil Jagielka
    • Leighton Baines
    • Mikel Arteta
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Leon Osman
    • Jack Rodwell
    • Louis Saha
    • Victor Anichebe
    • Ayegbeni Yakubu
    • Diniyar Bilyaletdinov
    • Johnny Heitinga

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Fellaini 268

Heitinga 201

Pienaar 196

Cahill 175

Arteta 160

Osman 141

Saha 111

Baines 105

Rodwell 101

Howard 91

Bilyaletdinov 91

Hibbert 82

Distin 74

Donovan 71

Coleman 70

Anichebe 59

Yakubu 54

Jagielka 25

Duffy 23

Yobo 20

Neville 15

Neill 15

João Alves Jô 10

Vaughan 8

Gosling 6

Senderos 4

Nash 3

Baxter 3

Agard 2

Forshaw 1

Akpan 1

MOTM winners....

Stoke (A) Victor Anichebe

Fulham (H) Victor Anichebe

Blackburn (A) Mikel Arteta

Aston Villa (A) Tim Cahill

West Ham (H) Johnny Heitinga

Wolves (A) Steven Pienaar

Manchester City (A) Tim Cahill

Bolton (H) Mikel Arteta

Birmingham (A) Mikel Arteta

Hull City (H) Mikel Arteta

Tottenham (A) Ayegbeni Yakubu

Sporting Lisbon (A) Tim Howard

Manchester United (H) Leon Osman

Sporting Lisbon (H) Leon Osman

Chelsea (H) Landon Donovan

Liverpool (A) Johnny Heitinga

Wigan (A) Tim Cahill

Sunderland (H) Marouane Fellaini

Birmingham (H) Steven Pienaar

Manchester City (H) Marouane Fellaini

Arsenal (A) Marouane Fellaini

Carlisle (H) Marouane Fellaini

Burnley (H) Steven Pienaar

Sunderland (A) Marouane Fellaini

Birmingham (A) Leighton Baines

BATE Boresov (H)...Shane Duffy

Chelsea (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Tottenham (H)...Seamus Coleman

AEK Athens (A)...Steven Pienaar

Liverpool (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Hull City (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Manchester United (A)...Johnny Heitinga

West Ham (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Benfica (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Aston Villa (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Tottenham (A)...Tony Hibbert

Bolton (A)...Louis Saha

Benfica (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wolves (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Stoke City (H)...Johnny Heitinga

BATE Borisov (A)...Tony Hibbert

Portsmouth (A)...Tim Howard

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (H)...Louis Saha

AEK Athens (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wigan...(H)...Jack Rodwell

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

Honestly i have never felt so excited, as when i genuinely thought Hibbert scored that volley in the top right hand corner...I jumped up so high. Today, Tony was immense, loved it. Johnny made a real difference when he came on though, bit of steel that we've missed since he got injured!! Hibbertoni my MOTM.

What a terrible game! At least this was the last time I make the journey from Milton Keynes for a little while. Gave it to Hibbo as well for his jinking runs down the right and at least 3 shots I recall. His crossing wasn't great though! Once I voted I couldn't believe Distin hasn't got any votes and Bily is in 2nd! Billys goal was superb but once again he'll only do one good thing in a match. He never takes a player on, passes were all over the place and generally looks scared of the ball. However that said I'm glad he scored as it woke me up, otherwise I may still be there now!

My vote had to go to Hibbert! If he had scored that volley I would have given him player of the season let alone MOM! On a serious note, he was very positive going forward and although some of his decision werent great it was brilliant to see. The more confidence he gets at that end of the pitch the better he will be.

The rest of the back 4 and Howard did what they had to do. They all looked solid and although Baines was a bit sloppy with his delivery at times, the ball for Saha early doors was sublime.

Osman, Rodwell and Arteta all had decent games. They kept us ticking over although it was to pedestrian at times. I was hoping Rodwell would be left to partner Saha more upfront but unfortunately it didnt really happen, Pompey closed down all the space between midfield and defence meaning none of these players could really find the room to do anything special.

Pienaar was sloppy. I dont think he benefitted from Saha being very lazy, as whenever he looked up Saha was always marked which meant he dwelled on the ball too often and got tackled. His distribution got better when Yakubu came on but he was still sloppy.

Big Vic was good again IMO. He did a lot of good things, but just lacked that final quality. A couple of the turns he made were top class, unfortunately the shots following werent!

Saha was crap. Very dissapointing. I admit his service wasnt great, but he didnt want to close anyone down and he didnt really try and make space with his movement.

Yakubu looked very sharp when he came on. Some nice touches and much better link up play than Saha. At home and in game where we should dominate possession I would definitely look at starting Yakubu ahead of Saha. He brings people into the game more, which suits our 5 man midfield. When we are away and need to hoof the ball on occasions Saha is much better in the air, and if teamed with Cahill who both want to work they can put a lot of pressure on the defence.

I am surprised Billy has got so many votes. His goal was stunning but he does need to work on his movement out wide. I think he is very good at drifting inside, which could really suit Coleman (if he plays) as he will bomb down the wing, overlap and take a man on. I just wish he would concentrate and give more.

We could have absolutely stuffed Pompey on Sunday if we had taken some of our chances. Unfortunately this is our problem right now. Will it improve with a better striker? Maybe, but probably not (Yakubu and Saha are both proven goal scorers). Will a new midfielder help? Maybe, but he would have to have real quality on the ball (which I think Donovan does). Should we play two up top? No, at least not if it involves Cahill in midfield!