IGNORED

Gosling

what a ungrateful twat!! Symptomatic of what is wrong with the game at the moment, full of money grabbing gits who couldn't give a stuff who they play for or who gives them a break or chance! He scored the winner against the scum and now thinks he should be a first team regular! C'mon son it takes time unless you are exceptional - which he ain't!! Look at the likes of timmy, jags, nev etc who are passionate about the club, don't look at follow the example of tossers like lescott!!!!!!!

Make that four!

Not to mention that right now he'd only be good for being a pirate at kids parties because he's only got one good leg.

I reckon you broke in, found the contract and shredded it!

In all seriousness, never had the athleticism or ability to threaten first team selection, however for some reason he seemed to have established himself as a Rodwell-esque potential player through in the rumour mills, which is no doubt why the barcodes are getting excited. The only thing they share is friendship and similar age. It's almost like Ben Thornly or Chris Casper to David Beckham.

Truth is we know he was never gonna quite make it, however we maybe could have gotten £3m+ for him from a club like Newcastle who do the their scouting using journalist opinion. Never the less bad admin on our behalf...

Bad mistake from EFC...

Possibly but I don't suppose it enetered their heads when they offered him a new contract that he'd know about, let alone act on, a loophole that would allow him to get out of a lucrative new deal and move on to mid-table obscurity.

Might happen quite often but very few other players would have the lack of ambition and self respect to act on it. Silly boy.

But as you say, no great loss other than financial.

i think all this talk is just a bunch of crap created by the papers. there's an article written on july 1st about that kid abdullayev passing a medical with us where it shows araz in everton shorts with the physio and another picture of the kid with dan, who's in full training gear. so dan is obviously still around finch farm doing his rehab work. it would be silly for dan to walk away from us right now since he can't play for at least another three months. if he were to try and find another club he'd be out of proper rehab unless he paid for it out of his own pocket. and besides, any new club he would sign for wouldn't exactly be keen on signing him up only to have to pay him to sit on the physio's table for the next few months.

you can find the picture here: http://followeverton.com/2010/07/01/rumour-abdullayev-had-everton-medical/

Edited by American Evertonian

he's still be around finch farm recently though.... i think it's just a big mess being stirred up by the papers.

picture of dan with that kid abdullayev while he was passing his medical: http://followeverton.com/2010/07/01/rumour-abdullayev-had-everton-medical/

Geeze he looks like since he's been injured he's lost all that size he'd gained LOL. Wouldn't mind seeing him stay round but it doesn't look like it'll happen.

The Echo article comes across as very unfair on Gosling.

From what I've heard Gosling wanted assurances that he would play more often and in a central position (not so much the money - £15k a week although was probably miffed that Rodwell was given 20k rising to 40k). The club couldn't agree to it and Gosling felt he'd need to leave to play more first team football. As Gosling is under 24, the issue of compensation was referred to the PFCC (premier league and football league tribunal body) as per normal procedure. PFCC ruled that EFC didn't offer a proper contract and as per Premier League rules Gosling is free to leave with no compensation owed to EFC.

Hardly dragging the issue to the tribunal as the Echo suggested. In my opinion, the Everton administration staff messed up here but the club's official line is that the verbal contract offer was based on "mutual trust". EFC have been caught with their pants down here, embarrassing for the people involved but it isn't the end of the world. It could have been worse.

From what I've heard Gosling wanted assurances that he would play more often and in a central position (not so much the money - £15k a week although was probably miffed that Rodwell was given 20k rising to 40k). The club couldn't agree to it...

Of course the club couldn't agree to it, bloody ridiculous of him to ask. Who's he suggesting we should drop to make way for him?

And he'll never be half the player Rodwell is, so the wage differential sound about right to me.

£780,000 a year is a pretty generous offer for a twenty year old with very limited ability.

a few people being a bit harsh on him i'd say.

he's unlikely to ever be a first team regular for us, we've foolishly let his contract run out and he's taken the opportunity to get into a team where he will get to play more football.

I'd say if he stays with us he won't get many opportunities and his prospects so far as moving on will only drop.

Gutted if this is true. Don't agree with the comments about him not being good enough, Gosling and Rodwell look class when playing together imo. After giving him his big break and paying his wages through injury would like to see him show abit of loyalty to the club and sign a new contract.

Surely this cant all be true???

Firstly it would be a real dropped bollack by Everton (probably the truest part!)

Secondly surely Gosling wouldnt think he would be better off joining another team? If he really is looking to his future IMO he would be better off asking to go on loan to get more experience (when he is fit!) and then coming back to a club that has already given him a chance that he wouldnt have had at others. He wont ever go to a bigger club than Everton as truth be told he isnt the most blessed player, but he does put in a shift and he does have very good movement.

Thirdly he cant honestly think he should be given a centre midfield spot ahead of some of the real quality players we have there? He would have been better suited trying to get a more central slot in cup games etc and then (hopefully) impress, rather than demand a 1st team Cm spot.

If this all really is true, which it does seem, then its pretty pathetic on both sides! Having said that I wish him luck in whatever he does I will always remember him for that cup goal against Liverpool!

Only gutted we never got a fee for him. He is not quick enough to play at the top end of the prem and it seems other clubs/supporters have a higher opinion of him than us. Probably due to his important goals. Heard a rumour he wants to go back down south. On a side note If he is injured, he can't pass a medical so where does he do his rehab? Maybe he will re-sign. But i can see him at West Ham where he probably belongs

Edited by Finn balor