206 replies to this topic

#41 American Evertonian

American Evertonian

The Biggest Blue Nose West of the Atlantic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 07 Jul 2010 - 15:57

i think all this talk is just a bunch of crap created by the papers. there's an article written on july 1st about that kid abdullayev passing a medical with us where it shows araz in everton shorts with the physio and another picture of the kid with dan, who's in full training gear. so dan is obviously still around finch farm doing his rehab work. it would be silly for dan to walk away from us right now since he can't play for at least another three months. if he were to try and find another club he'd be out of proper rehab unless he paid for it out of his own pocket. and besides, any new club he would sign for wouldn't exactly be keen on signing him up only to have to pay him to sit on the physio's table for the next few months.

you can find the picture here: http://followeverton...verton-medical/

Edited by American Evertonian, 07 Jul 2010 - 15:59.

#42 American Evertonian

American Evertonian

The Biggest Blue Nose West of the Atlantic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 07 Jul 2010 - 16:04

he's still be around finch farm recently though.... i think it's just a big mess being stirred up by the papers.

picture of dan with that kid abdullayev while he was passing his medical: http://followeverton...verton-medical/

#43 TC.

TC.

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 07 Jul 2010 - 16:38

he's still be around finch farm recently though.... i think it's just a big mess being stirred up by the papers.

picture of dan with that kid abdullayev while he was passing his medical: http://followeverton...verton-medical/

Geeze he looks like since he's been injured he's lost all that size he'd gained LOL. Wouldn't mind seeing him stay round but it doesn't look like it'll happen.

#44 Louis

Louis

Dixie Dean

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 07 Jul 2010 - 17:11

The Echo article comes across as very unfair on Gosling.

From what I've heard Gosling wanted assurances that he would play more often and in a central position (not so much the money - £15k a week although was probably miffed that Rodwell was given 20k rising to 40k). The club couldn't agree to it and Gosling felt he'd need to leave to play more first team football. As Gosling is under 24, the issue of compensation was referred to the PFCC (premier league and football league tribunal body) as per normal procedure. PFCC ruled that EFC didn't offer a proper contract and as per Premier League rules Gosling is free to leave with no compensation owed to EFC.

Hardly dragging the issue to the tribunal as the Echo suggested. In my opinion, the Everton administration staff messed up here but the club's official line is that the verbal contract offer was based on "mutual trust". EFC have been caught with their pants down here, embarrassing for the people involved but it isn't the end of the world. It could have been worse.

#45 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,422 posts

Posted 07 Jul 2010 - 17:41

From what I've heard Gosling wanted assurances that he would play more often and in a central position (not so much the money - £15k a week although was probably miffed that Rodwell was given 20k rising to 40k). The club couldn't agree to it...

Of course the club couldn't agree to it, bloody ridiculous of him to ask. Who's he suggesting we should drop to make way for him?

And he'll never be half the player Rodwell is, so the wage differential sound about right to me.

£780,000 a year is a pretty generous offer for a twenty year old with very limited ability.

#46 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 07 Jul 2010 - 18:03

Christ, he's barely good enough to play a wide position, he's got his head stuck up his own arse if he thinks he ever had a chance of ousting Arteta, Fellaini, Neville, Heitinga, Rodwell, Cahill, Osman from a central spot.

#47 FairWooney

FairWooney

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 07 Jul 2010 - 18:05

a few people being a bit harsh on him i'd say.

he's unlikely to ever be a first team regular for us, we've foolishly let his contract run out and he's taken the opportunity to get into a team where he will get to play more football.

I'd say if he stays with us he won't get many opportunities and his prospects so far as moving on will only drop.

#48 Bulletproof Tiger

Bulletproof Tiger

Bulletproof Toffee

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 Jul 2010 - 18:30

No great loss.

#49 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 07 Jul 2010 - 18:31

Besides Gosling as a player, to me it is a bit strange such a "rule" exists. Does anyone have a quote of the actual rules definition?

#50 BoroBlue

BoroBlue

Leighton Baines

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 07 Jul 2010 - 18:57

Gutted if this is true. Don't agree with the comments about him not being good enough, Gosling and Rodwell look class when playing together imo. After giving him his big break and paying his wages through injury would like to see him show abit of loyalty to the club and sign a new contract.

#51 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 07 Jul 2010 - 19:10

Class? Talking about him in the same breath as Rodwell? Put the pipe down.

#52 Louis

Louis

Dixie Dean

• Admin
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 07 Jul 2010 - 19:22

In fairness.. anyone looks class compared to his local team!! ;)

Is Gosling in Oz?

#53 iggy

iggy

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 07 Jul 2010 - 19:25

Wouldn't have thought so Louis, still having rehab for his injury as far as I was aware.

#54 BoroBlue

BoroBlue

Leighton Baines

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 07 Jul 2010 - 19:41

I didn't say he looked as good as Rodwell but certainly didn't look out of place when playing in the same team, and like I said, in my opinion.

#55 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,422 posts

Posted 07 Jul 2010 - 19:45

Beeb are saying it's a done deal....he's gone.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ton/8798656.stm

#56 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,422 posts

Posted 07 Jul 2010 - 19:56

Newcastle fans having an intellectual discussion about him (or as close as they get to one :P ).

http://www.toontasti...showtopic=27766

#57 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 07 Jul 2010 - 19:58

:blink:

They're worse than I thought.

#58 c1982

c1982

COYB!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,378 posts

Posted 07 Jul 2010 - 20:02

Newcastle fans having an intellectual discussion about him (or as close as they get to one :P ).

http://www.toontasti...showtopic=27766

I may reconsider being an evertonian on the power of that forum - I just want to be part of it!!! :blink:

#59 Bailey

Bailey

Kevin Ratcliffe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,248 posts

Posted 07 Jul 2010 - 20:46

Surely this cant all be true???

Firstly it would be a real dropped bollack by Everton (probably the truest part!)

Secondly surely Gosling wouldnt think he would be better off joining another team? If he really is looking to his future IMO he would be better off asking to go on loan to get more experience (when he is fit!) and then coming back to a club that has already given him a chance that he wouldnt have had at others. He wont ever go to a bigger club than Everton as truth be told he isnt the most blessed player, but he does put in a shift and he does have very good movement.

Thirdly he cant honestly think he should be given a centre midfield spot ahead of some of the real quality players we have there? He would have been better suited trying to get a more central slot in cup games etc and then (hopefully) impress, rather than demand a 1st team Cm spot.

If this all really is true, which it does seem, then its pretty pathetic on both sides! Having said that I wish him luck in whatever he does I will always remember him for that cup goal against Liverpool!

#60 Tricky Trev

Tricky Trev

Alan Ball

• Members
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 07 Jul 2010 - 22:34

Only gutted cos we never got any money for him. Heard a rumour he is going back down saaarf!

#61 Tricky Trev

Tricky Trev

Alan Ball

• Members
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 07 Jul 2010 - 22:42

Only gutted we never got a fee for him. He is not quick enough to play at the top end of the prem and it seems other clubs/supporters have a higher opinion of him than us. Probably due to his important goals. Heard a rumour he wants to go back down south. On a side note If he is injured, he can't pass a medical so where does he do his rehab? Maybe he will re-sign. But i can see him at West Ham where he probably belongs

Edited by Tricky Trev, 07 Jul 2010 - 22:42.

#62 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,422 posts

Posted 08 Jul 2010 - 07:51

http://www.dailymail...s-West-Ham.html

Appears he suggested he was going to sign and then intentionally stalled to get this to happen. Devious.

If that's the case then he's not going to be the most popular lad when he comes back with his new team <_< .

#63 Matt

Matt

United we stand, divided we fall...

• Cyber Steward
  • 29,177 posts

Posted 08 Jul 2010 - 08:00

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1292869/Dan-Gosling-takes-flight-Everton-shock-starlet-eyes-West-Ham.html

Appears he suggested he was going to sign and then intentionally stalled to get this to happen. Devious.

If that's the case then he's not going to be the most popular lad when he comes back with his new team <_< .

ok, at the risk of sounding stupid:

"Gosling joined Everton from Plymouth in January, 2008 on an £8,000-a-week, three-year deal."

which would mean Jan 2011?

or is the article wrong?

#64 Matt

Matt

• Cyber Steward
  • 29,177 posts

Posted 08 Jul 2010 - 08:03

Surely this cant all be true???

Firstly it would be a real dropped bollack by Everton (probably the truest part!)

Secondly surely Gosling wouldnt think he would be better off joining another team? If he really is looking to his future IMO he would be better off asking to go on loan to get more experience (when he is fit!) and then coming back to a club that has already given him a chance that he wouldnt have had at others. He wont ever go to a bigger club than Everton as truth be told he isnt the most blessed player, but he does put in a shift and he does have very good movement.

Thirdly he cant honestly think he should be given a centre midfield spot ahead of some of the real quality players we have there? He would have been better suited trying to get a more central slot in cup games etc and then (hopefully) impress, rather than demand a 1st team Cm spot.

If this all really is true, which it does seem, then its pretty pathetic on both sides! Having said that I wish him luck in whatever he does I will always remember him for that cup goal against Liverpool!

Maybe he thinks he knee is knackered so hes taking a payday whilst he can....

#65 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 08 Jul 2010 - 08:57

It's even more gutting that we've been paying for his bloody rehab, we should demand money from the little shit. Although, maybe the club at least owed him that after making him play on against Wolves with a fucked knee. Come to think of it, maybe that's played a role in what he's doing?

#66 Matt

Matt

• Cyber Steward
  • 29,177 posts

Posted 08 Jul 2010 - 09:03

It's even more gutting that we've been paying for his bloody rehab, we should demand money from the little shit. Although, maybe the club at least owed him that after making him play on against Wolves with a fucked knee. Come to think of it, maybe that's played a role in what he's doing?

I thought he was signalling he wanted to play on?

#67 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 08 Jul 2010 - 09:05

I thought he was signalling he wanted to play on?

I'd heard it was Moyes who asked him to play on.

#68 Matt

Matt

• Cyber Steward
  • 29,177 posts

Posted 08 Jul 2010 - 09:09

I'd heard it was Moyes who asked him to play on.

doesnt sound like DM. Any idea on my comment about the contract above Mark?

#69 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 08 Jul 2010 - 09:14

Any idea on my comment about the contract above Mark?

Not a clue mate, but it has been something that's been mentioned on other forums and other people are confused by it too.

#70 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,422 posts

Posted 08 Jul 2010 - 09:31

Do all contracts run August to August irrespective of when they're signed? Bit like all race horses are officially born on 1st Jan.

Incidentally been trawling the FA regulations to find the loophole he's using but I can't.

http://www.thefa.com...on_pg91-127.pdf

There's a bit at C. (j) iii but that's referring to players over twenty-four I think.

(ii) There shall be no right to a compensation or transfer fee by the previous Club of
a Player who has attained the age of 24 years on or before 30th June and whose
contract with that Club has expired. If a Club wishes to offer re-engagement to a
Player or exercise an option contained in the agreement the following practice
shall prevail.
(iii) Within 7 days of the first Saturday in May, or the date of the last competitive
Match of the Club’s first team, whichever is the later, the Club must give notice in
writing to the Player indicating that either the Club offers a re-engagement or, if
appropriate, exercises any option contained in the agreement.

Maybe it isn't just about players over twenty-four, if not then I think it's a bit ambiguous and grounds for appeal.

#71 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 08 Jul 2010 - 10:25

Well we are appealing the decision apparently.

#72 Matt

Matt

• Cyber Steward
  • 29,177 posts

Posted 08 Jul 2010 - 10:33

Well we are appealing the decision apparently.

Should bloody well hope so! costing us an arm and a duff-leg. If we appeal does that mean he cannot sign to another club? Because if we were successful in our appeal we would be entitled to compensation and any new club that would sign him on would be liable for that, right?

#73 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 08 Jul 2010 - 10:36

Yeah, I imagine he'd agree terms with a new club but wouldn't be able to sign for them until the appeal was heard.

#74 Matt

Matt

• Cyber Steward
  • 29,177 posts

Posted 08 Jul 2010 - 10:44

Yeah, I imagine he'd agree terms with a new club but wouldn't be able to sign for them until the appeal was heard.

here's hoping we can stretch the appeal out then!

#75 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 08 Jul 2010 - 10:49

here's hoping we can stretch the appeal out then!

Maybe long enough for some nasty little rumours about his knee injury possibly being career threatening to be planted in the press ;).

#76 PFthetoffee

PFthetoffee

Lee Carsley

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 Jul 2010 - 11:22

ok, at the risk of sounding stupid:

"Gosling joined Everton from Plymouth in January, 2008 on an £8,000-a-week, three-year deal."

which would mean Jan 2011?

or is the article wrong?

Indeed, Evertonfc.com confirm that he signed 14.01.2008 so there is definately more to this story. Even if a player signs in august, their contracts always run out at the end of june so we need some clarification regarding contracts....

#77 CraccerC

CraccerC

Simão Sabrosa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 08 Jul 2010 - 11:47

contracts expire end of june you're right

#78 AgentSmith

AgentSmith

Lee Carsley

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 Jul 2010 - 14:12

If he does leave then I shall boo him if he plays us. Iv never booed a fomrer blue because Iv never agreed with it but when a player does that to a club thats looked after him I think it is a disgrace!

#79 chicagoblue

chicagoblue

Bubbles

• Members
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 08 Jul 2010 - 14:29

This really is very strange. Not sure what to make of it yet, wonder if this has something to do with when he was put back in after his injury.

#80 Gwlad all over

Gwlad all over

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 08 Jul 2010 - 18:46

Whatever happens can't see him being welcome at Goodison. Best talk to Barmby and Speed, Dan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users